What was your first handgun, and do you still own it?

mav

Guest Bonedaddy

Stoeger Cougar 8000. Loved it but sold it the other day. Too heavy for me to carry with my bad back and all. Gun was built like a tank, easy to take apart and accurate for a 3.6 inch barrel and for a kinda big grip, it felt really nice in the hand, unlike a 92 or Glock but I got two Rooga SR's and I didn't really needed it, anymore. Still hate to see it go, though.

• 2 weeks later...

New Model Blackhawk...................STOLEN!(40 yrs ago)

Next 25+/- .....................................Sold or Traded.

Walther PP(30 yrs ago).................Still got it!

Next 45-50.....................................Still got some of 'em! Wish I still had 2 of the XPs. 7mm BRs.  Hint, hint! If somebody wants to sell me one!!!!!! :squint:

7/23/13: Just found the Sales Tag to that Blackhawk. $99.97   Shoulda bought 2!

Edited by HvBikeWlTravel
Guest Darthlaidher

XD .40 subcompact. Traded it for a Glock that is now giving me problems :(. I regretted trading it but when I had the opportunity to trade for an XDM .40 I took it and it works like a champ.

it was a taurus and its long gone thank goodness

Same here.  Thought it was awesome until that POS bit me, then I understood why they are so cheap and learned that you're getting as much quality as you pay for in a gun.

Taurus 92...got it in 1990 and still have it.  Carried a Beretta 92 in the Air Force but couldn't afford to buy my own back then. 

Other than the decocker, the Taurus was basically the same gun and still shoots as good as any of the Berettas I was ever issued.

Guest rmse9

Browning Hi Power 9 mm. Bought in 1967. I sold it a long time ago. Wish I  had it back was a very good shooter and rock solid.

An early 90's Llama Max I Government 1911 I bought in 2001. A cheap gun, but a great shooter and my go to carry weapon for the winter. Loved the fact that I was shooting this (loaded with Corbon +P's) for my HCP class while everyone else had .22's. Had to sell it, and the Para P12 I had bought to replace it, in '04. Man, I wish I had both of them back now.

I have a Ruger Single Six .22 made in 1954 that my father bought new for $58 when he returned home from the Korean War he gave it to me when I was ten and now I'm fourty six and still have that old gun.Not much to look at now but it brings back some good memories.

Guest tdoccrossvilletn
Smith and Wesson sigma 40. No I sold it to buy my springfield xd 40

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.
Edited by tdoccrossvilletn
  • 2 weeks later...

An Interarms Walther PPK/S in .380. It looked gorgeous but was a POS. It was finicky with ammo and the trigger was horrendous. Had such a bad experience that it pushed me away from autoloaders for awhile. I traded it outright for a Ruger GP 100 after about 6 months of ownership and never had to worry about FTF/FTE issues, etc. Still have the Ruger.  

Hawes Western Marshal thumb buster in .357 magnum.  I used it as part of my costume that I wore while a buddy and I competed in chili cooking contests back in the '70s.  It was a real hoot to shoot black powder blanks through.

Edited by gun sane

My first hand gun was a single action 22 LR Colt with Bone grips and 4-3/4 Barrel and I was 14 years old. Had that gun until my home got burglarized in 1988 and they took 18 guns from my home. I reported it to the Police soon as we returned home that night.  I know it was someone that knew me and my family and probably one of my two sons because they got 9 of the guns that were kept in false walls spaces in the house that only someone that knew us would have known where to look. I figured they would begin showing up in Pawn shops or found at crime scenes. To this day not one serial number on any of them has shown up anywhere. I still call the Sheriff down there in Cheatham county once a month and ask and get the same answer. NOPE!!!  Who ever took those guns still has them to this day and that has been 25 years ago. It's just unbelievable that not one has turned up anywhere.