alternative to boy scouts?

Guest windhamdw

Guest windhamdw
Just checking to see if any one knows of any other groups like the boy scouts in our area? I know of the royal ranger, pathfinders but the problem is finding local information about them, contact info and any having anyone having any experence with them.

Trying to stay close to the springhill/columbia area.

Can anyone help or know anymore info?

Thanks

I have been a Seventh Day Adventist my entire life, my parents were Pathfinder leaders for 30 years.  I had a great experience during my time as a Pathfinder.  The clubs are co-ed and I think start at age 10.  They also have the Adventurers that I believe covers ages 5-9.  Like the Boy Scouts, Pathfinders is an excellent opportunity to get your kids off the couch.  They earn honors, go camping and do community service.  I am not sure there is a club in Columbia or not, I would start by located the SDA church in town.  I know that there are several active clubs here in the Chattanooga area.   Some smaller churches do not have them but most churches do.

• Like 1
Guest windhamdw
I have called and left meassages and l also emailed a few churchs around my area but have not heard back from any of them.

Thanks
Guest sargekw

There is a Civil Air Patrol squadron that meets every Tuesday at the Murfreesboro Airport and starts around 6:30 or 7pm.

Guest 6.8 AR

Not sure if they are around here, but I did the Civil Air Patrol as a kid.  Was pretty cool, kinda like hardcore scouts.

My oldest brother did that. He retired from Continental Air Lines, a few years ago. I remember him soloing

when he was in the CAP.

My oldest brother did that. He retired from Continental Air Lines, a few years ago. I remember him soloing
when he was in the CAP.

My dad went far in CAP as a kid. Went to Korea and New Zealand among other cool things. Got his wings before he got his drivers license. Really a very neat program, wish I had stuck with it myself.

Now I'm not saying you are and I don't want to start the debate in yet another thread but... If on the off chance you are looking for programs similar to the BSA that aren't actually the BSA based on their newest policy changes, keep looking. CAP is friendly tword gays for a long time now.

It is a fantastic program where older cadets can participate in everything from search and rescue to cadet exchanges, encampment and conferences. Plus it can help give them a jump start in the Airforce later in life if they choose.

I have called and left meassages and l also emailed a few churchs around my area but have not heard back from any of them.

Thanks

I know that most clubs take a good part of the Summer off due to so many families going on vacation and kids going to camp.  They start up again in September.  If you haven't heard anything from those churches soon let me know, maybe I can rattle some cages.