What was for supper?

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight will probably consist of raiding the stock in the basement for another can of whatever... I really do need to go to the grocery store, finally (only thing left in the fridge is beer, and the only things in the cabinets are peanut butter and ramen).

I had a simple supper. Sirloin tips with grilled onion and bell pepper and corn.

Tonight will be pretty simple too Baked cheese stuffed hot dogs wrapped in bacon and fries, squash, whatever.

Baked cheese stuffed hot dogs wrapped in bacon....damn...thats sounds pretty great....any special pointers to making this dish?

Baked cheese stuffed hot dogs wrapped in bacon....damn...thats sounds pretty great....any special pointers to making this dish?

Just to cut a slit in the dogs that doesn't pierce the bottom and don't cut all the way through the ends. That way, the cheese stays better in the dog rather than running all over your baking pan. I spiral wrap the bacon around the weiner...er...hot dog and secure it with toothpicks.

I highly recommend lining the baking pan with aluminum foil. Saves hours on clean-up.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, until bacon is done to taste.

2735701533_a5e42689b4_b.jpg

Bacon, lettuce, and tomatoe sandwiches. We love home grown tomatoes.

You related to Dan Quayle? :D

But...home-grown tomatoes are the only ones worth eating. Around here they make a big deal about "Granger County" or "Chucky" tomatoes that are locally grown. Well, yeah, they are locally grown, but they are also the same tasteless varieties that are grown in Florida, Mexico, California, etc. for shipping.

I have three plants that were given to me. The neighbor didn't know what they were. Looks like Roma's. That's fine, but not a great slicing tomato. Now some of the heirloom tomatoes are a different matter. There are a few places that sell heirloom seeds. Hunting them down should be a good winter project.

"

brat tub". (peppers and onions with beer and butter in a pan on the grille)......

I am amazed someone from the south knows how to properly handle brats.

Are you from the south?

Mars I have had your concoction before at a jewish restaurant of all places in Boca Raton. A little place called 2 J's. We jokingly referred to it as 2 Jews. They called it Bacon Cheddar Dogs. They were out of this world, heart attack on a bun. I always said "2 please".

My baked chicken dinner fell through as the old lady got called in for emergency babysitting service. She put me on my own.

Being way to lazy to cook after 11 hours at work I decided to go cheap and get a Little Caesers Hot -n- Ready $5 pepperoni pizza. It is pretty good considering it is a $5 pizza. Beats cooking!

Guest Boomhower

Fried smoked sausage with velvetta shevles and cheese. The only meal that my son will eat without talking all the way thru dinner and finding any other excuse he can as why not to eat what is in front of him. :bat:

Fried smoked sausage with velvetta shevles and cheese. The only meal that my son will eat without talking all the way thru dinner and finding any other excuse he can as why not to eat what is in front of him. :bat:

Seen that problem before.