What song do you absolutely loathe?

mav

• Moderators

Dev, the artist that The Cataracs sampled when they produced the Far East Movement's song is a very talented artist. The original song is Booty Bounce.

I have a sad obsession with her and own everything she has released.

It's nice to know I am not alone.

what is a she bopper?

Its a song about female masturbation.....   (honestly the crablouse is a much better song if you want to hear that sort of stuff).   Its the female version of "dancing with myself". 

I loved her voice.  Still do.  Crap music but that was most of the 80s.   Her early retirement was ... a shame, she is worth 1000 of madonna or prince or jackson.  Maybe even 1000 of each.

Edited by Jonnin

Everything Madonna has ever done. That's one whore I'd like to see get plowed by a bus.

That's probably the only thing she hasn't been plowed by yet.

I didn't think you would stoop that low...

Its a song about female masturbation.....   (honestly the crablouse is a much better song if you want to hear that sort of stuff).   Its the female version of "dancing with myself". 

I loved her voice.  Still do.  Crap music but that was most of the 80s.   Her early retirement was ... a shame, she is worth 1000 of madonna or prince or jackson.  Maybe even 1000 of each.

Woah woah woah, better than Prince or MJ?!

No sir, uh-uh, negative. That's crazy talk.
Guest TankerHC

Sweet Home Alabama

It's like eating chocolate Ice Cream. Yea, its really good, but are you gonna eat so much of that s___ that your gonna vomit?

Every garage band does not need Sweet Home Alabama in one of its sets

It is not REQUIRED to have Sweet Home Alabama on your ipod. 

It is not REQUIRED to play Sweet Home Alabama at every single event held south of the Mason Dixon

It is not REQUIRED for a Deejay to play Sweet Home Alabama at least once a week (Or day, Or hour)

It is not REQUIRED of every new guitarist to learn the opening of Sweet Home Alabama

If your sitting in Guitar Center banging on a 3000 dollar Les Paul or a 1500 dollar Strat, yes, we know you know the first 3 bars of SWEET HOME ALABAMA, everyone does!

It is not REQUIRED to open a movie set in Alabama with Sweet Home Alabama

Sweet Home Alabama, especially its opening, is a cool song.....IN 1974!

Believe it or not, Lynyrd Skynyrd actually wrote and performed MORE THAN ONE SONG!

Sweet Home Alabama

It's like eating chocolate Ice Cream. Yea, its really good, but are you gonna eat so much of that s___ that your gonna vomit?

It is not REQUIRED to play Sweet Home Alabama at every single event held south of the Mason Dixon

It is not REQUIRED for a Deejay to play Sweet Home Alabama at least once a week (Or day, Or hour)

It is not REQUIRED of every new guitarist to learn the opening of Sweet Home Alabama

If your sitting in Guitar Center banging on a 3000 dollar Les Paul or a 1500 dollar Strat, yes, we know you know the first 3 bars of SWEET HOME ALABAMA, everyone does!

Believe it or not, Lynyrd Skynyrd actually wrote and performed MORE THAN ONE SONG!

You ain't from around here are you?

Next you are gonna tell me that you don't own any camouflage britches and your favorite color is pink.

Sweet Home Alabama

I tend to agree with this. Good song but beat to death. And yes they have some much better songs.
Guest TankerHC

You ain't from around here are you?

Next you are gonna tell me that you don't own any camouflage britches and your favorite color is pink.

Actually Ive lived south of the Mason Dixon my entire life except a couple of years in Colorado and a bunch overseas. Own a lot of camo, but cant say I ever lived in a pink house. lol.

But you don't need to live south to hear that song 1000 times a month. I hear that damn song when I am driving through New York and Connecticut! I have actually heard THE BEACH BOYS do that song live at Penns Landing during a Riverfest in 1984. The BEACH BOYS, doing Sweet Home Alabama, on a river in Philadephia on the Delaware River!

Any elton john but especially benny & the jets... I must immediately leave whatever store/business I am in.
I just start hearin red & see the thunderin of my own heart.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
Edited by zapfbroad

Sweet Home Alabama

I have no use for a band that sings about how handguns are good for nothing but murder. 

Edited by Jonnin
Guest tommy62

Anything by Nikki Minaj. Altzheimers and dementia patients make more sense than her.

I like listening to all types of music and can go from Mettalica to Celtic Women in less than an hour but shes just an incoherrant babbaling fool.

Nikki is not a singer. She is a no talent turd with bleached hair.

My wife is a big fan of 'The Voice.' She is constantly (even though she knows it makes me physically ill) trying to make me listen to crap they try to pass off as music on this show. The one that was the end for me was some little twit covering Skid Row's "I Remember You," and she and her coach decided it needed to be a country song, and at the same time removed Sabo's lead guitar (which is the equivalent of backing vocals IMO) and then determined that hitting the same high notes that Bach could was not needed.

To add insult to injury my wife's response was "What, I don't even know where the original is from, why are you so upset?"

Another thing I want to know, why the hell is Shooter Jennings not famous? I absolutely love his stuff. It goes to show that in today's market, talent is not marketable.

Apparently, some country 'artist' did a cover of "I Remember You" a few years back.  For some reason, I am thinking it was Taylor Swift and that it was a live cover but I can't be sure - I don't listen to the bubblegum pop with steel guitar that passes for modern, mainstream country and haven't ever since Garth Brooks and his contemporaries ruined the genre.  I do remember hearing that cover, though.

I am sure it was covered as a 'country' song some years back, though, because I remember seeing Sebastian Bach on a reality show where they took 'former' stars from other genres and let them compete to be the next country star.  In the first episode, they all had to pick a country song to sing (to inmates at a prison.)  As "I Remember You" had been covered by a country artist and had received at least some play on country stations, Sebastian Bach was able to get away with choosing that to be the 'country' song he performed.  Not surprisingly, he did the best job at 'covering' his chosen song in that challenge.  So I guess, in a way, Sebastian Bach had already decided that "I Remember You" works as a country song (or, at least, vetted the decision.)

Oh, and Shooter Jennings is really good.  I got to see him at the TVA&I Fair in Knoxville a few years back and he/his band sounded great live, too.

Even more than Shooter Jennings, though, I can't figure out why Chris Knight isn't more well known.  Another 'modern country' artist I like is Jamey Johnson.

Edited by JAB

She's got electric boobs, a mohawk too... :lol:

HAH I always thought he was saying something like this too.   Being younger, I did not know what "mohair" (spelling????) even was until much later in life.   There is another (older) song that mentions it and I thought they were saying "monkey suit" by some woman, diana ross maybe... ?

Speaking of sir elton,  I like saturday night and one or 2 others.  I could stand it if he sang less and pianoed more.  And I could stand it a lot less if he kept his politics to himself -- given he is not from this country, he has even less of a say than other entertainers, and that is no more of a say than I have --- one vote.  Using an entertainment career as a soapbox is fail. 

Edited by Jonnin

Sweet Home Alabama

Ed King, who wrote the music for Sweet Home Alabama, happens to be a friend of mine.