Standing unsupported 1000 yard shot with .50

Sam1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u3BUnHiv6AA

Had an awesome saying in the video too lol "Taking the gun off safe increases velocity by 100%"  :rofl:

• Like 4
About the most impressive shot I've ever seen.

My first instinct was...fluke. Then I thought, you can't really say it's a fluke, he did exactly what he was trying to do.

Repeatable? Edited by BigK

1 shot + 1 hit = luck

2 shots in a row + 2 hits = extraordinary talent

His reaction led me to believe that he thought it was luck.

He says plainly in the video that he shoots off hand with it all the time. While I'm not sure he could repeat it and be 2 for 2, I bet you money he could do it again. Luck would be you or I doing it. ENDO gun blog posted that on Facebook last night, made for a bright spot in my night at work Edited by KKing
I once hit a 18"X12" steel silhouette target from 100 yds at a handgun class with my CZ P-01 shooting WWB ammo.

We gradually stepping back 20 yds at a time until we got to 100. A miss put you in the losers' circle. On day one I was out of the mix after the 60 yd shot. Only 1 student made it TO 100, but missed. On day 2, I made it to100 yds too, but we both missed. He hit on his next shot, but I needed 2 more shots to hit it. I still don't think my 3rd shot was luck.

On a side note, which is a more fair comparison: on day one I was whining b/c the instructor made me shoot DA, since I brought a SA/DA gun. At the end of the drill the instructor asked for my gun and proceeded to put his very first shot on target from 100 yds with my gun, which he'd never fired. I was floored and do NOT believe that was luck either.