Beretta 84b?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just make sure that  it either has a magazine safety disconnect or not . I DO NOT LIKE the magazine safety disconnect. Some have them and some do not . I just like to shoot my guns with and without the magazine inserted.

When I say mag safety disconnect I mean that if it has this feature , the gun will not fire unless it has a magazine inside it . I hate that . I almost bought an 84 but it had that feature. I have read that some dont have it . SO just check when you go find one . I hope this helps !

Guest Lester Weevils

Long ago I took the carry license course with a rented cheetah and liked it, and want to get one sometime. Preferably a nickel/inox model, and would prefer the older non-decock model that offers the option of use cocked-and-locked.

I generally like beretta pistols and my main "negative" about most beretta pistols, is that the safety works "the wrong way" have to push it up to go off safe and on fire, not safe up as god intended. The Cheetah has down for fire as it should be.

Dunno if I'd carry a cheetah if I had one, but it is just a neat little pistol and I can't think of a .380 pistol I'd rather have than a cheetah.

I've been looking for used (and new) cheetahs local, and haven't seen many available used, and haven't seen any that were exactly a desirable price. The nickel models seem rare as hen's teeth local.

Edited by Lester Weevils

I know you want a Beretta but the CZ 83 in .380 is excellent ! IT has the option of "cocked and lock" carry and it better built in my opinion and I have had 2 . They are great . And way more better to disassemble and detail strip .

Guest Lester Weevils

Thanks for the tip, tercel89. Will keep an eye out for CZ 83s. Have also heard that the bersa .380s are pretty nice, in a similar "look".

Would most likely keep carrying the 9mm Kahr P9, rather than a .380, but a neat gun is a neat gun regardless of the caliber. :)

I owned a nickel bersa thunder .380 and loved it. Sold due to financial issues and lack of use, but it shot great and was really pretty I thought. The reason I ask about the 84B is a trade I was offered. I have been offered a Nickel 84B with wood grips, 2 mags and factory equipment for my M&P. MFG date is sometime in 1985. If the pictures do this pistol justice, then it is a 99% pistol. It looks like it has been stored in a glass case for the last 28 years.

Only problem is, blue book value is only about 300 bucks. The prices I have seen for similar pistols have ranged from 400-700 bucks, but I don't know if those are actually selling. It seems like the value of this pistol, like most things in life, is dictated by the demand for it in the area in which you are trying to sell it.

I really want it.... but I don't think I can offer this guy any more than blue book value which means his gun +bout 150 bucks. Worth a shot, right?

Browning sold the BDA 380 that is also very similar to the 84B, I think they even can use the same magazines and holsters but the Beretta is open on the top of the slide and the Browning is not. I think they were made in the same factory. Gander Mountain has a bunch of the Berettas showing online on their used guns site from 350 to 500 ad theirs are usually high priced.

My dad had a Browning 380 and he liked it a lot said it always worked great. I never shot it so can't say. The good thing about these little pistols as a carry gun is the 13 round mag in such a compact package that's also nice to look at.

Guest Lester Weevils

I owned a nickel bersa thunder .380 and loved it. Sold due to financial issues and lack of use, but it shot great and was really pretty I thought. The reason I ask about the 84B is a trade I was offered. I have been offered a Nickel 84B with wood grips, 2 mags and factory equipment for my M&P. MFG date is sometime in 1985. If the pictures do this pistol justice, then it is a 99% pistol. It looks like it has been stored in a glass case for the last 28 years.

Only problem is, blue book value is only about 300 bucks. The prices I have seen for similar pistols have ranged from 400-700 bucks, but I don't know if those are actually selling. It seems like the value of this pistol, like most things in life, is dictated by the demand for it in the area in which you are trying to sell it.

I've never internet-ordered a gun, but have special-ordered new guns via local dealers a couple of times, when I knew what I wanted and as long as the gun was in brand-new condition I knew I'd be happy. I just prefer to make "final buy" decision holding a gun, and wouldn't like making a mistake of looking at online pictures and missing obvious flaws that I should have noticed looking at the picture.

The used cheetahs I've seen at gun shows over the last couple of years since I've been looking, some looked in real good condition but the price was always closer to your $700 mark and I didn't want it THAT bad. Maybe if I get some money to burn will one of these days order from a local dealer, a new nickel cheetah, which would be about the same price ballpark. It wouldn't have the "cocked'n'locked" type of safety on the new models, but could probably suffer along anyway. Would be tempted to get the single-stack model which is thinnner, but fewer rounds mag capacity.

Guest Wildogre

I have the Browning BDA and love it, I carry it daily. It fits my hand well. I do not mind the mag safety. Holsters can be hard to find. It shots well and I do not recall it ever jamming on me. If you can get one or the 84 I would say do it. 

Just make sure that  it either has a magazine safety disconnect or not . I DO NOT LIKE the magazine safety disconnect. Some have them and some do not . I just like to shoot my guns with and without the magazine inserted.

When I say mag safety disconnect I mean that if it has this feature , the gun will not fire unless it has a magazine inside it . I hate that . I almost bought an 84 but it had that feature. I have read that some dont have it . SO just check when you go find one . I hope this helps !

A magazine disconnect is a feature. People should fully understand what it is and why they may or may not want it. Some manufacturers offer it either way.