Be carefull when buying used guns and then test firing them

tercel89

This is the second used Glock that I have traded/bought that was assembled wrong. Bot had the extractor depressor plunger and safety spring in backwards . The plastic part is supposed to go against the slide back plate. Look at my picture where the plastic is against the extractor .  But both of my Glocks had the plastic end against the extractor. They still functioned but I happened to notice it. This is just a heads up for you guys that buy used like me. I dont know why both of mine were put togather this way. One of them I bought 4 yrs ago and the other was bought a few months ago. Must be a common thing I guess but putting parts in wrong can really mess you up if it is put in the wrong part or wrong way. Just a heads up .  No big deal to me as far as Glocks go since they are so easy to detail strip and all. Just be safe out there when buying used and check,  check,  and double check before you test fire it . Have a good one !

[url=http://s768.photobucket.com/user/tercel89/media/235_zps712c986c.jpg.html]235_zps712c986c.jpg[/URL]

Edited by tercel89
Yea the 2nd hand market can be iffy at times, some folks pass problems along, hoping to rid themselves of something that they #$%^ up themselves.

Thankfully I've never had someone try to take advantage of me, but some of my family & friends have been suckered, I can usually fix it for them depending on what the problem is, I even managed to get a Jamming Jenny to run like a swiss watch for my cousin, but I had to completely reprofile & mirror polish the feed ramp to do it.
Guest FiddleDog

I understand that some people will intentionally install the extractor plunger in backwards as it's supposed offset some of the effects that recoil has on extraction.  HRED designs their assembly with this in mind, where the springed end goes in first, and I've heard some IDPA guys say that they do it using stock parts for the same reason.  I don't understand the physics/engineering well enough to confirm or deny the efficacy of this practice, but I have seen people do this deliberately.

I understand that some people will intentionally install the extractor plunger in backwards as it's supposed offset some of the effects that recoil has on extraction.  HRED designs their assembly with this in mind, where the springed end goes in first, and I've heard some IDPA guys say that they do it using stock parts for the same reason.  I don't understand the physics/engineering well enough to confirm or deny the efficacy of this practice, but I have seen people do this deliberately.

I have heard of this too but after all these years of owning Glocks I have realized that a STOCK GLOCK is the best and wont let you down . 

• Like 1