:( I'm having bad thoughts (about selling something) LOCKED

• Moderators

I might sell my CZ P-01. 

There, I said it. I might sell it because it is sitting around not ever getting played with. To be fair, my Glock only ever gets carried, she never gets any real attention either. But I am interested in selling my P-01. If I decide to, it'll go up on these forums. You'll see it. But here would be the reasons why:

• The CZ is much more complex than the Glock
  • The CZ is heavier than the Glock, and arguably less durable (alloy frame, hammer vs striker, you all have heard this one before)
  • The CZ has a lower capacity than the Glock
  • If the CZ could sell for what I have in it, I would like to reallocate those funds towards purchasing a house
  • It would be really neat to find a Glock 26, thus consolidating fully to the 9mm Glock platform

However, here would be the reasons not to sell it:

• The CZ feels so wonderful in my hand
  • The CZ is somewhat hard to find, and I'm not sure I could ever replace it
  • I am afraid that I might regret it

I am afraid guys. But after you look at the holster, magazines, sights, grips, etc, I just don't think I am getting that much "use" out of how much I've paid for it. Perhaps the market is up enough right now that I could pretty much break even with what I had. Perhaps I could even make a buck or two, though that wouldn't really be my main intention. However, I will admit, if I could come out $100 ahead that would be enticing. Do you all feel that it is still a sellers market for such an item? I'm not talking about trying to get 200% out of everything, but if I could do 100%-110% what I have in it, that would be appealing. 

I need therapy input?

Edited by CZ9MM
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Hmmm. Ill trade you my glock 26 for it :)

Not quite there yet. If I do wish to get rid of it, I'll put it in the forums. I keep seesawing between selling and keeping. I suppose what I might do is go and put everything "CZ P-01" related on a table, take pictures of it, add it up, and post it on here. If I receive an interesting trade offer, or cash price, I might bite.

I think some of us CZ fans would be more than willing to buy it.

I myself am one of you, but we'll see.

Its all about what you want man. I know thats not much help. I sold my M&P the other day and im having remorse big time. It was my leadt favorite 9 and i miss it, because even though it didnt win the gold medal in my safe it was still a good pistol. The cz is a great pistol. If it was me i wouldnt do it unless i was funding a better replacement. On the other hand, cash is great, it will probably be a quick sell and you could get another one in the future if you missed it that much. Personally i like to only do things once. So if there is this much doubt, i say keep it

I never sold a gun that I didn't eventually regret having done so.

There are a couple I've sold that I don't miss; not that I wouldn't like to still have them...just not miss them enough to actually miss having them/regret selling them.

Most that I've sold, however,  I do regret selling!

sell it or not this reason

-- If the CZ could sell for what I have in it, I would like to reallocate those funds towards purchasing a house

is not a great one.   The value of the gun relative to the value of a home is so far apart that the small amount of money put into the house fund would be relatively insignificant.   It helps, don't get me wrong, but  IF you like the gun, the small difference this will make in the grand total of money spend on the home is insignificant.

Now, if you were going to sell it ANYWAY,  fine.   But that means you have made up your mind.    If you think you want to keep it, if you like it, etc, this reason isnt worth giving up the gun.  

--The CZ is somewhat hard to find, and I'm not sure I could ever replace it

^^^ Not sure about specific models but if it is still in production, it may be hard to find locally but its not "hard to find" really.   If if its out of production AND you like it, that solve it: do not sell.

Edited by Jonnin
  • Moderators

-- If the CZ could sell for what I have in it, I would like to reallocate those funds towards purchasing a house

is not a great one.   The value of the gun relative to the value of a home is so far apart that the small amount of money put into the house fund would be relatively insignificant.   It helps, don't get me wrong, but  IF you like the gun, the small difference this will make in the grand total of money spend on the home is insignificant.

Now, if you were going to sell it ANYWAY,  fine.   But that means you have made up your mind.    If you think you want to keep it, if you like it, etc, this reason isnt worth giving up the gun.  

--The CZ is somewhat hard to find, and I'm not sure I could ever replace it

^^^ Not sure about specific models but if it is still in production, it may be hard to find locally but its not "hard to find" really.   If if its out of production AND you like it, that solve it: do not sell.

Well, short term the cash will go into a savings fund, long term (roughly a year from now) I'd like to come up with enough to make a downpayment on a house. Right now I'm signing another 12 month lease, and would like to have the funds available to not sign the lease next time around and purchase instead. Every 1k helps. As far as finding this pistol, I reckon I should be able to find one anytime I look, they just aren't really locally found like you can find a Glock 19 or the like.