Can someone explain this to me? It looks like we are going to militarily support the Syrian rebels.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57589252/u.s.-syria-used-chemical-weapons-crossing-red-line/

I guess McCain and Graham are happy.  Personally, I don't understand it.  What do we gain from intervening in Syria?  Stability in the region?  Sheesh, we have been actively involved for 12 years in the region, and it still isn't stable.  It seems to me that we would have learned something during those years.

Wag - The - Dog

Appears that Barry Hussein has learned to use Bill Clinton's method to construct a fake war to divert attention from his many scandals.

Going into Syrian will be a catastrophe...., but BHO could care less so long as it spins the media's storyline away from his morally and legally wrong doings.  

• Like 1

I agree, it's not a good idea, for many reasons. 1st. we don't know who these "rebels" are ( see how the Egypt thing

turned out. 2nd, as another poster said, this area has never been stable & never will. 3rd. we can't afford it.

4th, Wag The Dog may be the case, BHO could use a good diversion right about now.

So are they gonna let those 2 or 3 people they arrested for fighting for the Rebels outta jail since we are helping them now? 

I can't go fight for Rebels because I'd be helping Terrorists.......but the US can send them aid and arms and now it looks like boots on the ground and it's not helping terrorists.

• Like 1

If you watch some of the Syrian rebel videos on Liveleak.com, you'll hear near constant, "Allah Akbar's" every time someone's excited, scared, happy, sad, bored, etc.  These folks aren't going to be our friends regardless how much we help them.

• Like 1

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57589252/u.s.-syria-used-chemical-weapons-crossing-red-line/

I guess McCain and Graham are happy. Personally, I don't understand it. What do we gain from intervening in Syria? Stability in the region? Sheesh, we have been actively involved for 12 years in the region, and it still isn't stable. It seems to me that we would have learned something during those years.

That Red Line was crossed, I think its actually pink now. So they think chemical weapons have been used, sounds like GWBush all over again.

Yep, just a diversion away from the numerous scandals and the left is as usual, quite about it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Let's see, how has the whole 'enemy of my enemy' thing worked out for the U.S. government in the Middle East in times past?

Hmmm...well, there was this one feller whose cause/forces got support because they were 'resisting' the Soviets.  Now, who could that have been?   Let's see...oh, yeah.  Osama bin Laden.  That worked out great for us, didn't it?

Then there was this other feller, leader of some country or another, who we declared to be an ally because he was opposed to Iran.  What was that feller's name?  Sam Hessian?  No, no.  Ah, yes - Saddam Hussein.  That was it, Saddam Hussein.

So, how long do y'all figure it will be before our military personnel are facing the very arms that our government is going to send to these rebels? 

Edited by JAB

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/06/11/Obama-Admin-Considers-Resettling-Thousands-of-Syrian-Refugees-in-U-S

A resettlement plan under discussion in Washington and other capitals is aimed at relieving pressure on Middle Eastern countries straining to support 1.6 million refugees, as well as assisting hard-hit Syrian families.

The State Department is "ready to consider the idea," an official from the department said, if the administration receives a formal request from the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Refugees, which is the usual procedure.

The United States usually accepts about half the refugees that the U.N. agency proposes for resettlement. California has historically taken the largest share, but Illinois, Florida, Pennsylvania, Maryland and Virginia are also popular destinations.

Now that we have enough abortions taking place to open up some sq. ft. of space over here, let's bring a big bunch of the "displaced" Syrians in to occupy it!  That's it, we'll trade them some tanks and planes for their excess people???

Edited by Worriedman

Let's see, how has the whole 'enemy of my enemy' thing worked out for the U.S. government in the Middle East in times past?

Hmmm...well, there was this one feller whose cause/forces got support because they were 'resisting' the Soviets. Now, who could that have been? Let's see...oh, yeah. Osama bin Laden. That worked out great for us, didn't it?

Then there was this other feller, leader of some country or another, who we declared to be an ally because he was opposed to Iran. What was that feller's name? Sam Hessian? No, no. Ah, yes - Saddam Hussein. That was it, Saddam Hussein.

So, how long do y'all figure it will be before our military personnel are facing the very arms that our government is going to send to these rebels?

Hey that guy has a similar soundin' name as another feller I heard of.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/06/11/Obama-Admin-Considers-Resettling-Thousands-of-Syrian-Refugees-in-U-S

Now that we have enough abortions taking place to open up some sq. ft. of space over here, let's bring a big bunch of the "displaced" Syrians in to occupy it!  That's it, we'll trade them some tanks and planes for their excess people???

And pay for it!!!

I wish some of you all would go borrow a big $h!t pot of money and give me a 1/3 of it from each person so I can be your friend.

Brilliant piece of foriegn policy, we borrow/print money, to buy weapons we can't own ourselves, to give to foriegn people who hate us & would happily kill us with the weapons we gave them, that we can't even own ourselves & had to borrow/print the money to buy in the first place!

Hahhahhaa that is absolutely insane.
  • Like 1

Am I the only one that is concerned we are about to get involved in a war in Syria with Iran. Just read where the Iranian revolutionary guard is sending 4000 troops on Assad's side. Sunnis and Shiites have been at war For 1200 years what makes us think it will ever stop until one side of the other is wiped out. This is a bad decision and a bad place to send the troops. Please pray for the troops and their families, it is going to get bad I am afraid

Am I the only one that is concerned we are about to get involved in a war in Syria with Iran. Just read where the Iranian revolutionary guard is sending 4000 troops on Assad's side. Sunnis and Shiites have been at war For 1200 years what makes us think it will ever stop until one side of the other is wiped out. This is a bad decision and a bad place to send the troops. Please pray for the troops and their families, it is going to get bad I am afraid

We're not sending any troops beyond maybe some coverts around the borders for coordination.

Looks like a token effort to send some arms, but not in quantity or type to change the balance anyway. It's just BHO having to look like he made good on his line in the sand re chemical weapons and all. And not a particularly big hurry about doing it either.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I guess McCain and Graham are happy.  Personally, I don't understand it.  What do we gain from intervening in Syria?  Stability in the region?  Sheesh, we have been actively involved for 12 years in the region, and it still isn't stable.  It seems to me that we would have learned something during those years.

I'll make a prediction. We will turn Syria over to the Muslim Brotherhood and then give them fighter jets to "protect" themselves. Seems everywhere Barry sends our support the Muslim Brotherhood takes over.