Weed, fights and guns: Trayvon Martin’s text messages released

There are very little facts from the TM side other than the fact that he issued Zman an ass whoop'in! He's dead, so we can't hear his side of the story. All we have is Zman/s version and he may be busy trying to save his own butt! He's already raised red flags (and no, I'm not going to prove it) on his intergrity. I should say lack thereof...I'm sure ya'll have the same search egines on your PC's as I do. Easy stuff to look up!

Dave S

You are right; DAVES, there are very little facts; especially when you refuse to accept any facts that doesn't support your previously formed biased opinion such as your belief that Zimmerman racially profiled Trayvon.

Edited by RobertNashville

Opinions mean nothing. Facts mean everything. 

I'm seeing a whole lot of thoughts and feelings from the pro-Martin side, but little in the way of facts. Unless something has changed, we, here in the United States of America, do not determine one's guilt or innocence based on thoughts and feeling. 

I know opinions shouln't mean anything in court, but the potential jurors sure was aked what their "opinions, thoughts and feelings" were! Wore'em out on them!

Dave S

I find it amusing that the pro Zimmerman guys are always saying that they are presenting facts when all any of us can do is base our opinions based upon the limited amount of information presented to us by our chosen source of news.
  • Like 2

It won’t be the first time I have seen justice denied. I’m good with any decision they make. If a jury puts their stamp of approval on what Zimmerman did; so be it. I don’t think he’s guilty of murder; I think its manslaughter. If an acquittal makes me “wrong all along”; I’m okay with that.

What he was charged with is immaterial (especially since this charge seems to be based more on placating a segment of the public rather than actual evidence).  In any case,  as I said above, Zimmerman isn't guilty of either murder or manslaughter unless he specifically acted illegally and/or gave Martin sufficient legal reason to launch his attack on Zimmerman.

I find it amusing that the pro Zimmerman guys are always saying that they are presenting facts when all any of us can do is base our opinions based upon the limited amount of information presented to us by our chosen source of news.

I don't blame the pro-Martin crowd for not bring facts to the table...because there are none. 

Even if Zimmerman were the Grand Imperial Wizard of the KKK and a convicted child molester, his shady background would hardly mean he is guilty of murdering Martin. These are the type of "facts" the pro-Martin crowd is bringing to the table.

Edited by TripleDigitRide

There is a plethora of evidence available, some since the beginning and some becoming available recently (coming out of the prosecution and defense) such as Zimmerman's actual statement to the police that night, etc. plus analysis of the various claims being posted by attorneys following the case...have you read any of it? If not I would invite you to do so.

I don't blame the pro-Martin crowd for not bring facts to the table...because there are none. 

Even if Zimmerman were the Grand Imperial Wizard of the KKK and a convicted child molester, his shady background would hardly mean he is guilty of murdering Martin. These are the type of "facts" the pro-Martin crowd is bringing to the table.

Yep. Like arguing with a liberal, ain't it? :)

• Like 1

Here's the problem we all have......WE and I mean all of us have no idea what happened to cause TM to attack Zman, if that is in fact what happened. We have no idea why Zman attacked TM if that is what happened. We don't know do we? None of us know who was screaming help just seconds before TM was shot. No one knows.

I may have smoked pot several years ago. I may have even tried shrooms and acid a time or two in my younger days. If I just so happen to be on a flight from Nashville to Miami and 10 kilos of cocaine are discovered, does that make me a drug smuggler? Even if the the police can't prove who it belongs to? Everyone else on the plane has a squeaky clean background, so I must be guilty.

Here's the problem we all have......WE and I mean all of us have no idea what happened to cause TM to attack Zman, if that is in fact what happened. We have no idea why Zman attacked TM if that is what happened. We don't know do we? None of us know who was screaming help just seconds before TM was shot. No one knows.

You're right. None of us know exactly what happened that night. All we have to go on is the evidence presented to us, whether we like where that may lead or not. Or we could start pulling shit out of our ass.

Yet the fact that Martin was a black kid walking the streets while wearing a hoodie meant that he absolutely had to be up to something, right?

I may have smoked pot several years ago. I may have even tried shrooms and acid a time or two in my younger days. If I just so happen to be on a flight from Nashville to Miami and 10 kilos of cocaine are discovered, does that make me a drug smuggler? Even if the the police can't prove who it belongs to? Everyone else on the plane has a squeaky clean background, so I must be guilty.

That's a very good argument for young Mr Martin. Thank you. Edited by LINKS2K

That's a very good argument your young Mr Martin. Thank you.

Martin didn't deserve to be shot because of his past. He deserved to be shot because he physically assaulted Zimmerman. There is actual evidence (even if you don't like the source) that Martin physically assaulted Zimmerman. There is ZERO actual evidence that Martin didn't physically assault Zimmerman.

Edited by TripleDigitRide

That's the point Mike. This entire thing started because Martin fit the description.

So it all boils down to Zimmerman being a racist? I thought you all argued this case wasn't about race? When we tried to point out the fact that the only reason this case was covered by the media was because of the race of the two parties involved you guys said we were wrong. 

Martin didn't deserve to be shot because of his past. He deserved to be shot because he physically assaulted Zimmerman. There is actual evidence (even if you don't like where it came from) that Martin physically assaulted Zimmerman. There is ZERO actual evidence that Martin didn't physically assault Zimmerman.

And from what we know there were no other injuries to Martin other than the gunshot. It would be hard to argue Zman hit him first.

Martin didn't deserve to be shot because of his past. He deserved to be shot because he physically assaulted Zimmerman. There is actual evidence (even if you don't like where it came from) that Martin physically assaulted Zimmerman. There is ZERO actual evidence that Martin didn't physically assault Zimmerman.

The survivor gets to tell any story that he/she chooses. Even a lie.

There is no doubt that Zimmermann has blood on
his head in a photo. Everything else is questionable.
  • Like 1