Benefactor renewal

Odd how this only comes up now and then. As I posted in another thread, you all don't see:

"Oops! Something went wrong!

You have already purchased that item and it cannot be purchased again. Click here to view or renew your existing purchase. "

??

- OS

I have been too busy to even get around to renewing my benefactor status and guess what?  It has expired also.  

Saw all the post about this and figured it be easier to add my name to one then start another thread.

Thanks in advance David.

I have experienced the same problem. Once I click on, "Click here to view or renew your existing purchase" it says money will be taken from my Paypal account and references an "e-check".  I have neither.

Thanks for any help.

• Administrator

I have experienced the same problem. Once I click on, "Click here to view or renew your existing purchase" it says money will be taken from my Paypal account and references an "e-check".  I have neither.

Thanks for any help.

That's not the same problem.  The problem you're describing is that you don't have a PayPal account.  You don't need a PayPal account either.

That's not the same problem.  The problem you're describing is that you don't have a PayPal account.  You don't need a PayPal account either.

Thanks for the quick reply... Maybe not the same problem but the same result to me - no way to pay you. I'd appreciate advice on a resolution at your convenience.

• Administrator

I'm now being allowed to place the subscription into the cart, but when I attempt to check out I get the same oops message.

Hmm, ok.  I did one more thing -- try now?

I tell you, I hate IPBoard.  I'm actively testing a conversion to another software package.

Ok...here is what I was doing:

Go to the TGO store, add to shopping cart the 35.00 subscription. Go to check out and get "

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#20X111-C]

This invoice contains items you have already purchased which cannot be purchased again. Please contact an administrator for assistance."

Ok...here is what I did.

Deleted the current invoices out from trying to add a new subscription.

Click on "PURCHASES"

On the right is a "Renew Now" button.

Click that "Renew Now" button

Go to Paypal and pay.

In short, you can't add another subscription because it already exists in the system even though it is expired. You have to renew your old one, not start a new one. 

Mine worked fine doing it this way and went through.

Edited by penguincomp
  • Like 2
  • Administrator

Ok...here is what I was doing:

Go to the TGO store, add to shopping cart the 35.00 subscription. Go to check out and get "

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#20X111-C]

This invoice contains items you have already purchased which cannot be purchased again. Please contact an administrator for assistance."

Ok...here is what I did.

Deleted the current invoices out from trying to add a new subscription.

Click on "PURCHASES"

On the right is a "Renew Now" button.

Click that "Renew Now" button

Go to Paypal and pay.

In short, you can't add another subscription because it already exists in the system even though it is expired. You have to renew your old one, not start a new one. 

Mine worked fine doing it this way and went through.

Perfect!   Now I know what's going on, I can submit that info to IPB and hopefully get some sort of resolution.

Thanks for posting.

Just tried this with no luck.  Can't find a "Renew Now" button on the Purchases tab also couldn't find any pending invoices listed to remove.  Hope that all makes sense.

Thanks,

• Like 1