Benefactor renewal

Ok...here is what I was doing:
Go to the TGO store, add to shopping cart the 35.00 subscription. Go to check out and get "
Oops! Something went wrong!
[#20X111-C]
This invoice contains items you have already purchased which cannot be purchased again. Please contact an administrator for assistance."

Ok...here is what I did.
Deleted the current invoices out from trying to add a new subscription.
Click on "PURCHASES"
On the right is a "Renew Now" button.
Click that "Renew Now" button
Go to Paypal and pay.

In short, you can't add another subscription because it already exists in the system even though it is expired. You have to renew your old one, not start a new one.

Mine worked fine doing it this way and went through.

Thanks. I got it, but my process was a little different

1.Go to client area
2.click invoices
3.cancel all invoices
4.look at canceled invoices
5.on your most recently expired membership, click reactivate
6.click renew now
7.make payment via PayPal

I hope that this helps someone
GOOD TO BE A PART OF THE GANG AGAIN! Edited by LINKS2K

Thanks for the info but it didn't help me.  I do not have any invoices listed except under the Paid tab and only the old membership that just expired.

Hopefully it can help someone else out though.

Thanks for the info but it didn't help me. I do not have any invoices listed except under the Paid tab and only the old membership that just expired.

Hopefully it can help someone else out though.

click on that membership and it should give you the option to reactivate or renew Edited by LINKS2K
  • Administrator

This is highly frustrating and I want to thank you all for plugging away and trying to work around it.  The continued support for TGO is greatly appreciated.

The thing that makes it extremely difficult from my perspective is that when I look in the software, I see no pending, no cancelled and no expired "invoices".  All I see when I search are paid invoices.  The software doesn't seem to be showing me the things that I should be able to see.

click on that membership and it should give you the option to reactivate or renew

Not that I can find anywhere on the page.  I was hoping I had overlooked. 

Mine only shows under the Purchased for the one that expired in June.

Any more suggestions? 

• Administrator

Not that I can find anywhere on the page.  I was hoping I had overlooked. 

Mine only shows under the Purchased for the one that expired in June.

Any more suggestions? 

Give it a shot now.  I just deleted the last expired invoice in your record.

• Administrator

I just wrote and ran a few more queries that I hope will straighten this out.  A lot of the old invoices were set where they had no renewal option.  Once they expired, that was it.  You couldn't buy another, hence I was having to delete them.

The queries I just ran found all of the invoices that had no renewal option and set them to the appropriate values.  (ie. every 6 months or every 12 months, at the correct rates)

Let's see what happens.

• Like 1
  • Administrator

That got it.  I'm back in business.

Thanks David.

No, thank you.  A lot of folks would was their hands of it and just stop trying to support a site if they encountered the problems you all did.  I appreciate you sticking with us.

• Like 1

Anyone tried it since 5:30pm yesterday?  I'm curious as to whether the queries I ran fixed it.

David - I just re-upped using Amex.... Worked perfectly. Thanks for repairing whatever was gumming it up.

Cheers

Well, I wanted to go from the $20/6 month option to the $35/year option. It had me upgrade then renew. I wasn't paying a ton of attention, but the system led me to believe it would be the $15 "upgrade" followed by the $20 "renewal." Something went screwy and I noticed right after hitting "pay" that I was charged $35 just moments after $15 - so now I'm $50 into a yearly membership.  :stunned:

David, can you fix that? Lengthening the term of my membership in lieu of a partial refund is fine if it's easier for you. 

• Administrator

Well, I wanted to go from the $20/6 month option to the $35/year option. It had me upgrade then renew. I wasn't paying a ton of attention, but the system led me to believe it would be the $15 "upgrade" followed by the $20 "renewal." Something went screwy and I noticed right after hitting "pay" that I was charged $35 just moments after $15 - so now I'm $50 into a yearly membership.  :stunned:

David, can you fix that? Lengthening the term of my membership in lieu of a partial refund is fine if it's easier for you. 

I'll do whatever you want me to do.  Partial refund or extend the term of the subscription... your call.  It's supposed to allow you to do an up-sell but that's apparently another item I need to work through.

• Administrator

You can just extend the membership. I'd have to turn around in a year and send you some more money regardless - might as well not send the funds back and forth. :)

Hah!  I appreciate that.  I'll get it taken care of for you today.

• Administrator

Hey David, My subscription automatically renewed but my Benefactor status hasn't been updated. Is this a related issue?

Thanks!

Yep, somewhat related.  Paypal and TGO got out of synch with each other on your account.  I've fixed it.  If you see a renewal invoice in your email, ignore it.  :)

• Like 1

I see where PayPal paid for my renewal on 6/22/13, but my status does not indicate Benefactor status anymore. I haven't had a chance to follow up until now since I've been on vacation for several weeks. This may help: PayPal Unique Transaction ID # 0VE86883JT6067504.

• Administrator

I see where PayPal paid for my renewal on 6/22/13, but my status does not indicate Benefactor status anymore. I haven't had a chance to follow up until now since I've been on vacation for several weeks. This may help: PayPal Unique Transaction ID # 0VE86883JT6067504.

OK so what seems to be happening here is this...

PayPal subscriptions do not equal TGO subscriptions but the IPB software leveraged their feature to make some of it work and somehow they got out of synch.  ANYONE who sees a subscription process via PayPal needs to do what LCPfraTN did and let me know so that I can either activate their Benefactor account here, or refund them.  They THEN need to cancel the subscription with Paypal.

We're going to end up moving away from PayPal soon because of this mess.  They've been zero help to me getting this straightened out.

OK, I just bought another benefactor subscription through the TGO Store..... just did it as a renewal.......kinda tedious but very well worth it.....I'm not a techno geek but it looks like David straightened it out......cool beans!  :up:

• Administrator

OK, I just bought another benefactor subscription through the TGO Store..... just did it as a renewal.......kinda tedious but very well worth it.....I'm not a techno geek but it looks like David straightened it out......cool beans!  :up:

Thanks for the continued support!  I'm sorry the procedure isn't smooth. Trying to get that ironed out.