ad from Gander

Mike.357

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boomhower

Good ole Gander.......You know, your paying for more than just the gun. You get that extended, what is it, 1yr warrenty through Gander. Yep, that's worth me spending the extra $200.

Guest GLOCK2340

Yeah I thought there prices were insane!!:D I probably won't ever buy a gun or much else from Gander anytime soon!! I went there a couple of months ago with my father-in-law b/c he wanted to trade in his mini-14 synthetic and stainless with about 300rnds through it, they offered him $275!!! He took it to a gunshow in Nashville and got $550 a couple weeks ago on trade to the new target model mini-14 which BTW was $100 cheaper than Gander's price to begin with!:screwy:

Guest NormShaver

the only thing they are good for is to look/hold whatever firearm you think you might want. other than that everything is way over priced. i saw a baby eagle in .40 for 699 the other day.

Guest Sancman

Been to one Gander Mountain and seems to me the sales people take a course in "snobbery", besides I am not paying "new" prices for a used firearm.....

Guest db99wj
Good ole Gander.......You know, your paying for more than just the gun. You get that extended, what is it, 1yr warrenty through Gander. Yep, that's worth me spending the extra $200.

You could almost buy 2 for that price, screw the "warranty" and if one brakes, throw it away and you have the other!:)

Guest Boomhower

I gave $299 for my Sigma, and got 2 free hi-cap mags by mail in. Not to long after that, S&W was offering $299, $50 mail-in rebate and 2 free hi-cap mags.

Guest tarheel78

Same here. Overall, I've found the gun shop guys to be helpful and they seem to know of what they speak, but that does not make up for the lousy prices!! Last visit to gander around the ammo section @ Turkey Crk was unbelievable, all calibers, makes. Even their Wolf was 2X what I can buy it online for. Much of their .223 was around a buck a round, same for buckshot. I guess they make $$ in spite of themselves.

Guest Linoge

Never heard of the place before moving here to TN... However, after reading this, I cannot say as though I am terribly impressed with their firearm prices. Is the rest of their stock just as highly overpriced, or is it just the guns?

Still doesnt beat the one time i was up there when they had a police trade in G26 with knicks in the frame....yes knicks in a glock frame... for the amazing price of $600.

I asked about it... and they said it was because "police trade in glock 26's arent very common."

hahahahaahahahahaha:screwy:

Guest Boomhower
I do not see how they will last in Jackson. Never seems to be a lot of cars in parking lot. Same thing in Little Rock.

At their prices, it doesn't take to many purchases to make up for the lack of customers....:shrug:.....and with Knoxville's location being where it is, for the ones on that end of town, it will probably be the first place they would go. People that have money, usually tend to not shop around for good prices.

I think that extra $200 covers them giving you a kiss as you leave!:shrug:

Kiss?...when can ya find someone in the gun dept. to even help you let alone kiss you...I am getting some lipstick !!

Was there last week, in Bowling Green, looking for my b-day/x-mas/anniv. gift, and no one came out to help me, or to help one of the other 13 folks in the gun dept.?