I had to answer a question today

Our neighbor came over today and walked up on us (my 14yr old daughter and myself) in the garage where we were cleaning a couple of rifles. He got a puzzled look on his face and asked if I was making her do that. She politely said no that she was cleaning her rifle while I cleaned mine. He looked more puzzled and asked why in the world was such a pretty girl worried about hunting. She explained that she could not be less interested in hunting, that she had other reasons for learning to shoot. When he asked what they were she very boldly quoted a picture she found on the internet that she, and her mom, both like.......

[URL=http://s1356.photobucket.com/user/sbj9148/media/IMG950511_zpsd59e6994.jpg.html]IMG950511_zpsd59e6994.jpg[/URL]

I could not have been more proud. I am hoping that this will discourage the neighbors son from comming around so much to LOL

• Like 15
Sounds like a neighbor with a nose too big for his face. I have a few in my neighborhood too. I usually step out on the porch when they knock on my door and close it behind me. When they start the BS small talk, I tell them I'm busy what is it they need. Funny, I don't get near the visitations and BS requests I used to and that's the way I like it. Out of 30 or so neighbors, I have 3 that I regularly talk to. One is a shooter and we always go to the gun shows together. The rest can KORA.
Guest ochretoe

My daughters great grand mother bought her first pistol for her when she turned 21 this year.  Grandmas reasoning, daddy won't always be there to look after her.  She needs to learn to do it herself.  Got to love old farm girls.  At 91 she still knows whats going on.

Our neighbor came over today and walked up on us (my 14yr old daughter and myself) in the garage where we were cleaning a couple of rifles. He got a puzzled look on his face and asked if I was making her do that. She politely said no that she was cleaning her rifle while I cleaned mine. He looked more puzzled and asked why in the world was such a pretty girl worried about hunting. She explained that she could not be less interested in hunting, that she had other reasons for learning to shoot. When he asked what they were she very boldly quoted a picture she found on the internet that she, and her mom, both like.......
IMG950511_zpsd59e6994.jpg

I could not have been more proud. I am hoping that this will discourage the neighbors son from comming around so much to LOL

Multipurpose conversation lol

Good for her and good for you for teaching her so well.

If there's one thing I have no patience for, it's a neighbor who thinks that they can just waltz over to your property uninvited any time they wish, poke their nose in your bidness and then offer their ignorant opinions on things they know nothing about.

Guest Broomhead

:clap: Very good job on teaching her right. My daughter (9yrs old) has her own rifles and understands the need to know how to shoot them. She's a damn fine shot too. She wants to learn how to shoot a pistol and my 12ga. I'm a little leery of the 12ga because I don't want her to be too scared to use it if the need arises, but the pistols we will start on as soon as .22lr becomes more prevalent/cheaper again.