freedommunition opinion

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've bought 50 BMG from them and 5.56 M855. I've not got to shoot it yet, though.

Back when the SHTF, I had an order in for 480rds of 308 and after 5 weeks, they canceled it claiming they could not fill the order. Then I go to their site later to see and they had it in stock (small batch) but the price was just higher. So I got the impression they canceled my order just so they could up the price to SHTF levels and screwed me. So I've not ordered anything from them since just because of that little experience. :down:

Edit:

Here is the email I got:

We are sorry to inform you that your order has been cancelled, we are currently out of stock in this ammo. If you would like to receive an e-mail notification on this ammo when it is available, please visit our website and select the “More Info” button and that will make this e-mail notification available to you. Again sorry for the inconvenience, if you may have any questions please feel free to contacts us back via e-mail or at (208)746-3668.

Thank you,

Freedom Munitions
Edited by JohnC
I've ordered from them a couple of times. Hadn't had an issue with the 9mm or .40. If you're in the Knoxville area I'll lone you (not sell) a box so you can try out out.

Edit: Not sell because I'm not a benefactor, not because I'm that big of a jerk.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Edited by wewoapsiak
Guest windhamdw
I have ordered 40 and 9, never had a problem with it, the only problem i have is how high they have raised their prices.

I've shot 2k of 9mm and approx. 400+ rounds of FMJ, API and APIT of 50 BMG, my buddy bought over 10k of 9mm, he's shot a few k, no issues from either of us..

Only thing I'm bummed about the APIT, the tracer round doesn't light up, but hey what do you expect from WW2 surplus ammo.  

Thanks all for the information. What I have noticed today is the fluctuations in pricing both up and down, almost reminds me of gasoline. One price in the morning and a different price in the afternoon. When the price comes down again I will give them a try.

Last question I have; is there any difference in performance in there new ammo vs their remanufactured ammo?

None that we have ever noticed. I will say this though. I ordered some .223 during the craziness and I got it in a timely manner but it was a little rough looking. It has fired fine but it looked rushed through, the brass had not been cleaned as well as usual.