Zimmerman Trial: Verdict Reached!

I really think you guys are blowing this whole riot thing out of proportion. I do not think anything widespread will happen.

I'm sure they said they same thing before the LA riots...

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. I hope you are right Daniel but history says otherwise.

Judge definitely seemed to have a slight smile on her face as jury was being polled, meaning perhaps nothing, maybe just proud of jury for doing the job, dunno.

- OS

I noticed that as well. Definitely not the reaction I was expecting from her.

Judge definitely seemed to have a slight smile on her face as jury was being polled, meaning perhaps nothing, maybe just proud of jury for doing the job, dunno.

- OS

I noticed that as well. Definitely not the reaction I was expecting from her.

Closet Zimmerman supporter?

I really think you guys are blowing this whole riot thing out of proportion. I do not think anything widespread will happen.

Out of proportion is correct. Just wishful thinking by the ignorant. Nothing to celebrate. This decision just proves that it's alright to kill a young man for "fitting the description". Edited by LINKS2K

Anybody heard from DaveS?

Sounds like he'll have to have multiple feelings:

"I still support TM and always will. Is Zman guilty? I don't think so."

later,

"Manslaughter YES. Murder 2 NO!"

etc.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Out of proportion is correct. Just wishful thinking by the ignorant. Nothing to celebrate. This decision just proves that it's alright to kill a young men for "fitting the description".

Do you believe that GZ would have killed TM if TM had not attacked GZ? 

• Like 1

Do you believe that GZ would have killed TM if TM had not attacked GZ? 

No. He had no intentions to harm anyone. TM decided he was going to teach a lesson and would not stop the beating.

Edited by Randall53
  • Like 1
[quote data-cid='999173' name='LINKS2K' timestamp='1373768869' post='999173']
I really think you guys are blowing this whole riot thing out of proportion. I do not think anything widespread will happen.[/quote]

This decision just proves that it's alright to kill a young man for "fitting the description".[/quote]

WTF explain your logic behind this comment??
Guest Lester Weevils

I'm kinda surprised that jury came back with not-guilty. Didn't know what to expect but suspected maybe Z's best achievable outcome would be hung jury. If MSNBC is blaming the prosecution, maybe they have a point. Though the prosecution didn't have a lot to work with, evidence-wise. But "on paper" from the published descriptions of the jury, if the prosecution couldn't even convince a few of the jurors for a hung jury, dunno where they could hope to get a more prosecution-friendly jury.

Out of proportion is correct. Just wishful thinking by the ignorant. Nothing to celebrate. This decision just proves that it's alright to kill a young man for "fitting the description".

This decision proves that you have the right to defend yourself if someone is slamming your head in the ground. How it all started really doesn't matter once the attack starts. If the DA wanted some kind of conviction he should have brought up a charge of some kind of negligent homicide if he could prove the GZ started the confrontation but not 2nd degree murder or even manslaughter. It was ultimatly TM's fault for attacking GZ, he didn't just punch him and walk away, he got on top of him and slammed his head into the concrete.

• Like 1