Nunya

Stolen AMMO ! ! !

Are you arguing with yourself or did someone's comments get deleted?

I don't think he got banned for simply having different views. I wouldn't drink too much of his Kool Aid... take his words with a grain of salt.

This exact same thing happened to me, with a 1000 round case of 5.56, except it wasnt stolen. Dont know if you have considered this but, earlier in the day UPS delivered some other stuff and I was standing right there and he handed it to me, no ammo. I left and came back later and it showed delivered and SIGNED FOR on online tracking. I called and tey told me that yes, someone signed for it, checked all the neighbors, running around trying to find it when a car pulls up and a lady hands it to me. I lived in the Shadow Lake subdivision, in our city there are two Shadow Lake Subdivision, both streets are Shadow Lake, except one is drive and one is road. They delivered it to the wrong Shadow Lake.

I was told it would have to be reported stolen and they would have to track it, they even called the driver while I was on the phone and he assured them he delivered it and someone signed for it.

If I would have waited on UPS they told me it could take up to a week to find if it was misdelivered. May not have happened to you, but something to look at, see if there is another road or street with the same name as yours in the area. it happened to me, could happen to anyone I suppose.

Are you arguing with yourself or did someone's comments get deleted?

I don't think he got banned for simply having different views. I wouldn't drink too much of his Kool Aid... take his words with a grain of salt.

I figured someone must have blocked me, because it sure does appear to be a one-sided conversation.

I thought an adult signature was required for ammunition deliveries. Am I wrong? I've never bought ammo online before.

That's the assumption I was operating under.  I guess we'll find out when I talk to UPS again.

This exact same thing happened to me, with a 1000 round case of 5.56, except it wasnt stolen. Dont know if you have considered this but, earlier in the day UPS delivered some other stuff and I was standing right there and he handed it to me, no ammo. I left and came back later and it showed delivered and SIGNED FOR on online tracking. I called and tey told me that yes, someone signed for it, checked all the neighbors, running around trying to find it when a car pulls up and a lady hands it to me. I lived in the Shadow Lake subdivision, in our city there are two Shadow Lake Subdivision, both streets are Shadow Lake, except one is drive and one is road. They delivered it to the wrong Shadow Lake.

I was told it would have to be reported stolen and they would have to track it, they even called the driver while I was on the phone and he assured them he delivered it and someone signed for it.

If I would have waited on UPS they told me it could take up to a week to find if it was misdelivered. May not have happened to you, but something to look at, see if there is another road or street with the same name as yours in the area. it happened to me, could happen to anyone I suppose.

I had thought of this, and I walked the neighborhood.  Reminded me of a song "kind of like a lost and found in a border town looking for a diamond ring".  I am sure there are plenty of people who would say "What ammo?" when I asked, even if it was stacked up behind their front door.  If it went to a neighbor that was trustworthy, they would have brought it to me.  I know I've taken misdelivered packages to my neighbors many times.  One month, in particular, an elderly neighbor's check was put in my mailbox on the 3rd of the month.  

Edited by bentonbjones

I'm guessing UPS keeps pretty close watch on stuff going missing on a driver's route and it wouldn't take long to question the driver.

You are correct. They will watch after you alert their investigators that there is a problem. I receive ammo by USPS, FedEx and UPS and until this year I have never had a problem. Both problems occurred with UPS. After starting the investigation, all of the ammo has started arriving intact again. Edited by LINKS2K

Why? Midway has no culpability in this issue. UPS has stated they had it and made delivery. Its gone, have the signature required box check next time.

You have to watch UPS. While checking on a delivery in progress I noticed that my delivery date had been changed from that day (monday) to the following monday. I called CS and was told that package (ammo) had accidentally been placed on a "hold" trailer and would be retrieved and sent out the next day. When the package arrived the next day, the box was opened and only 150 of 600 rounds were in he box.

I also had a $150 Milt Sparks holster come up missing less than five minutes after it was "delivered". I left home on a very short errand around 12:30 and while at my stop I pulled up my shipment on UPS mobile. UPS showed that my holster had just been delivered. I immediately called my daughter and asked her to retrieve my package. Two minutes later my daughter calls and said that no one had rang the doorbell and nothing was at the door. UPS insisted that they had delivered the package and that I had to resolve the issue with the seller. Turned out to be loss for me, because it was a uninsured private sale and the seller couldn't replace the holster. Edited by LINKS2K

I knew of people stealing off of the front porch, but I didn't realize the employee thing was so bad. I must be lucky.

JSE Surplus has a policy of requiring a signature from all of their shippers, but I try to get out of it, since I have

never been stolen from. I have bought a lot of stuff from them.

It must be getting worse everywhere.

I work pretty close to the UPS hub, so from now on, if I'm not gonna be home, I'll just have it held and pick it up there.

When I realized something screwy had happened on Friday, I had the rest of the stuff coming my way held at "will call".

This option is free online and over the phone, but sometimes you have to remind them it's free.

• Like 1