HCP Instructors.......What's On Your "I Love Me" Wall ?

Gentlemen we are or i'm not going to drag this issue out. I am simplying stating facts. Oh by the way, i have seen the video,several times. What am i missing? Yes i have taken several classes from Tactical Response and will continue to do so. I have also taken classes from Tom Givens,Gabe Suarez,Andy Stanford,and David Blinders out of Atlanta,Ga so i do't want anyone to think i am just a "tactical response only" person. James can speak for himself and his actions. Someone here mentioned military personnel that frequent this forum.This is great,James teaches a LOT of military personnel.

I apologize if this is troublesome to some but i swear i don't understand how anyone[after seeing the video and reading AAR] can judge him that way.

Ths is all i have to say on this issue.

Have you read BOTH AARs?

Read the official DoD AAR and then read his....interesting how one is biased towards his own heroism.

I have said this a million times; there is no way we can sit and monday morning quarterback his actions. We werent there, and no matter how many times one watches the video, you wont get a total view of what happened that day.

My personal issues with Yeager revolve around the complete and total lack of respect he showed his fallen brothers.

He painted himself to be the hero of the battle by blasting the acts and reputation of dead men. Men that no longer had a voice or means to defend themselves.

This is why I think Yeager is a total piece of ****.

I dont care how many babies he kisses, how many Girl Scout cookies he buys, or how many free classes he gives to charity; the guy dishonored himself by stomping on the graves of his fallen brothers.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to agree. Yeager is ****. Some people just insist on ignoring the facts.

I still have buddies in Baghdad, including one guy who was best man in my wedding. Yeager is still the butt of jokes over there the last I heard. He did everything wrong in his panic to hide.

Don't think I've ever heard that hiding in a ditch while your comrades take fire is deploying to a secondary position.

But we have been over this before.

Guest grimel
I'm just wondering how many people (Average Joe/Jane) will ever use anything learned from these high dollar Special Tactic classes? Many of them seem to be a couple hundred bucks for a weekend class (not too bad), but I've seen some that would cost several hundred-$1000+.

I can see going through them if needed for employment purposes, but not so much for a regualr guy. I also can't see much of these tactics really sticking with you in the long term. In a SHTF situation, something you learned in few hour class several years ago isn't likely going to cross your mind. Then again, I guess you could always set up barrels and fake walls in your back yard, so you can practice doing summer saults with a gun in your hand to keep your skills sharp.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I don't see 99.99% of average people ever needing/using any such tactics.

The idea is to take the class then practice what you learned on your own time.

The idea is to take the class then practice what you learned on your own time.

And, in every class I've taken, no matter who the instructor was, there were things that I felt were relavent to everyday carry and things that were not. I suspect that is true with almost any class.

• 3 weeks later...

wow.. I guess I missed this thread. My only posting point is to assure that Yeager is a cowardly piece of shiet!

Like some of you I have kept certificates on file for the last 18 years. I traveled all over taking everything I "thought" I needed. Some Im proud of, some were a simple waste of time and money. Nothing really is relevant to teaching the basic HCP course though. I dont have time to list it all here, and honestly dont want to get wrapped up in any pizzing contest. I dont want to offend nor do I think its relevant. Sorry... Other then that, anyone wants to know my creds come by, I'll buy them a coke and get out my file.

...My own thinking on this though is this. Is your training really relevant to civilian concealed carry and reacting to the (as Southnarc calls it ) the Criminal Assault Paradigm? If not then it is just not relevant to the students. Nothing wrong with it. It just does not apply to the skill sets the students really NEED.

Then perhaps it might be better to have trainers that are ex-cons who used to assault folks for a living or were armed robbers, yes? :stir:

Edited by ~Emily~
  • 3 months later...
Guest wordsworth
Our instructor hasn't finished hanging all of his certificates, but here is what he has on the wall so far:

T.L.E.T.A. Graduate

T.L.E.T.A. Visiting Faculty

T.L.E.T.A Advanced Firearms School

T.L.E.T.A. Courtroom Security Training Class

State of Tennessee POST Police Instructor Certification General Departmental Instructor

State of Tennessee POST Police Instructor Certification Shootings and School Violence

State of Tennessee POST Police Instructor Certification Officer Survival

State of Tennessee POST Police Instructor Certification Sub-Machine Gun

State of Tennessee POST Police Instructor Certification Tactical Shotgun

State of Tennessee POST Police Instructor Certification Firearms

State of Tennessee POST Police Instructor Certification Use of Force

State of Tennessee POST Police Instructor Certification Patrol Rifle/Carbine

State of Tennessee POST Police Instructor Certification SWAT

State of Tennessee POST Police Instructor Certification Defensive Tactics

State of Tennessee POST Police Instructor Certification Tactical Baton

State of Tennessee POST Police Instructor Certification Chemical Weapons

PPCT Defensive Tactics Instructor

F.B.I. SWAT School

F.B.I. Advanced SWAT School

F.B.I. Police Firearms Instructor School

F.B.I. Special Tactical Firearms School

F.B.I. Sniper/Observer School

F.B.I. Officer Survival

F.B.I. Tactical Subgun/Handgun transition course

NRA Police Firearms Instructor Development School – K.C.S.D.

NRA Law Enforcement Patrol Rifle Instructor Development Course – K.C.S.D.

Knoxville Police Department – Officer Survival School

PPCT Defensive Tactics Instructor Certification

TAC/AERKO Aerosol Chemical Weapons Instructor Certification

Glock Instructor’s Workshop Certification

ASP Tactical Baton Instructor Certification

Northeast Alabama Police Academy, Jacksonville Alabama, Tactical Firearms Instructor

TN Dept. of Safety State Certified Handgun Instructor

TN Dept. of Safety State Certified Armed Guard Instructor

Awww. Is that all you got? :rolleyes:

Wow… How did I miss this thread when it was posted? :P

I thought when I started reading it, it would be interesting, but it went south real quick.

So let me add my worthless thoughts….. :)

This is a forum for the exchange of information. Everyone has something to offer. I want to hear what all the instructors have to say. I will either learn something or I can blow it off as BS. Luckily most of us can tell the difference.

But I don’t want to hear a firearms instructor talking about what a cop expects of them on a traffic stop, unless he is a cop, and I don’t want to hear him talking about what it feels like to face an armed assailant unless he has done it.

I don’t want to hear him telling someone to violate the law because he doesn’t agree with it.

If he is going to imply that he is an experienced Police Officer I would like to hear him say that. Not that it is required but I’ve seen “I worked in LE†used by security guards and even a guy that was IT for a Police Department.

If you are paid by a LE agency to do training; that is training LEO’s. The fact that you have had a couple of cops takes your class doesn’t mean squat.

Don’t start telling us about how most trainers or HCP holders are more qualified than cops; it makes you look silly.

We have some instructors (Private/LEO/Military) on here that you can just tell they are experienced and my comments are not directed at them. And then we have some that can’t even answer simple questions about the carry laws.

Oh and BTW… I don’t have any instructor’s certificates on my wall. I have two honorable discharges and a certificate from graduating the Police Academy. None of which means I know much. But on more than one occasion I have stood face to face with an armed gunman and survived.

Now you instructors go back to ripping on each other, or cops, or whoever. :P

:lol: