RJ Martin Q-36's

Will have these by the end of the year

I was trying to buy a Koa wood and Stag Q-36 from someone but at the last minute they decided to keep them ( I really do not blame them)

Here is a picture of one with Koa wood inserts ( not my knife being made but will be just like it t the other that I have coming will be Carbon Fiber inserts the blade steel of these will be CTS204P

This one I think will be my favorite, and yes Mike, I am getting them through RJ himself

image_zpsc52bddf1.jpg

Edited by willis68
  • 2 months later...

Well RJ completed and shipped one of my knives to me, it is home waiting for me, Q36 with Carbon Fiber slabs, I made the mistake of selling the one I got last year,and will be keeping this one and all future ones, I will post pictures when I get home

I will post some when I get home, about to begin my long journey home, weird thing is that we are a day ahead over here in Australia so expect some pictures around Thursday or so,

Chris, I can put you in touch with RJ if you want, just PM me he is a great guy to deal with and when he finds the time I am quite sure he would be willing to build you one the exact way you would like it Edited by willis68
  • 4 weeks later...

I have been carrying this Q36 for the last few weeks and it is by far my absolute favorite knife. I have recently seen some knives just like mine sell on the aftermarket for $2500.00 that's right two thousand and five hundred dollars, RJ's work is perfection and as he is a one man shop his aftermarket prices have went threw the roof lately

The only problem I have with my Q36 if you call it a problem, is like all of his knives they are scary sharp, I mean I have cut myself without knowing it so extra care is used when flipping or using it

To let you all know just how much I love this knife, I have been offered nearly $1800.00 more than I paid for it and will not sell it

RJ made a line of survival knives and one offered that I recently found out about is the blackbird, here is a picture
image_zpsf56f9fcd.jpg

These knives have a 10 inch blade and I am dying to get one I am trying to work out a deal on one, I will keep you all updated if I get one

Edited by willis68

Ohhh a hollow handle. I've been obsessed with them since I was a kid and saw Rambo the first time. I bought a bunch of crap ones through the years. Would love a well made one.

The RJ Martin Blackbird is my Grail Rambo Knife and it may be a while before I get one but here is a very good one for the money, I will be ordering one very soon, this is a company out of Texas who make some of the best custom survival knives in the country I am told

http://www.martinknives.com/HollowHandleSurvival.html Edited by willis68

Nice Q36.  :up:  In regards to the hollow handle fixed blade, why not just get a CR one piece?  While they certainly don't look as nice, I don't think you will find a stronger and more durable hollow-handled fixed blade over those.

Nice Q36.  :up:  In regards to the hollow handle fixed blade, why not just get a CR one piece?  While they certainly don't look as nice, I don't think you will find a stronger and more durable hollow-handled fixed blade over those.

Just a preference for the Hollow handle, I have bought several cheap ones in the past as I always liked the knife since Rambo had one. If you read reviews on the Martin knifes, there are no recorded occasions where the blade separated from the handle and folks put these knifes through hell.

As far as my grail RJ Martin knife, I would rather have that one than the whole collection of Chris Reeve knives I can assure you that his version will be every bit as strong as Chris's one piece.

What I wish CRK would do is make a one piece survival knife with a 10 inch blade, I would be all over that MAV what is the largest blade that they make the one piece? I think you have most of the collection

Personally, I'm not a fan of CR.  Just personal opinion but I watched CR treat people poorly over the past few years and it turned me off from him.  Same with Hinderer.  There are way too many good guys out there for me to be supporting the jerks.  

RJ is one of the good guys.  

And speaking of, Willis, I know you are big fan of RJ.  Have you bought one of his son's pens yet?  Matt Martin.

matthew-martin-tactical-pen-2.jpg

Personally, I'm not a fan of CR.  Just personal opinion but I watched CR treat people poorly over the past few years and it turned me off from him.  Same with Hinderer.  There are way too many good guys out there for me to be supporting the jerks.  

RJ is one of the good guys.  

I haven't had any problems with either manufacturer, so they are still on my buy list, but I do understand your viewpoint.  In regards to the CR one-piece knives, you would not be supporting CR by purchasing one since they no longer make them.  The only way to get them is from individuals selling from their personal collection. 

Personally, I'm not a fan of CR.  Just personal opinion but I watched CR treat people poorly over the past few years and it turned me off from him.  Same with Hinderer.  There are way too many good guys out there for me to be supporting the jerks.   RJ is one of the good guys.   And speaking of, Willis, I know you are big fan of RJ.  Have you bought one of his son's pens yet?  Matt Martin. matthew-martin-tactical-pen-2.jpg

Thanks for this, RJ mentioned to me once that his son was going to start making them, but I was not aware he had already, I will now order at least 2!
  • Like 1