A REAL Hunting License to shoot down drones.

Guest TankerHC

Guest Wildogre

Dazzling an aircraft with a laser or light is against the law. I wonder if the same holds true for a drone? Assuming that you could see it in the first place?

Guest TankerHC

I wonder, if the government fails to override the towns license, will the government allow the drone operators to fire back? Could be a minor problem with this license. Kinda like bear hunting with a pellet gun.

Edited by TankerHC

I wonder, if the government fails to override the towns license, will the government allow the drone operators to fire back? Could be a minor problem with this license. Kinda like bear hunting with a pellet gun.

The difference is a person firing on a machine and a machine firing on a man. I fear the day a drone opens fire on a US citizen.

Right.  Since people are such crack shots that they can occasionally hit a stationary target, lets encourage them to shoot into the air at small, moving targets.  That's not a recipe for disaster or anything.  It's not like those bullets ever come back down... :shake:

I get the idea that people don't want drone surveillance, but this is incredibly irresponsible and just plain stupid. 

The same sorts of people that would shoot these things down are the ones that gripe about govt spending and waste.  Yet they are advocating destruction of govt property --- from a couple grand for a small, short range airplane with a camera to an expensive (easily 1/2 a million) one with weapons systems.    Also consider the kids and hobby folks that might just be flying their remote controlled toy that you just shot down, derp.

I am not a fan of govt spying but this is the wrong way to handle it. 

I am perfectly OK with a drone shooting someone if a human is pulling the trigger remotely and has justification & authorization.  That would only be justified if the person were, say, on a rooftop shooting at people, do a drone sweep across the city, locate and terminate the problem.