Piers Morgan getting kicked off CNN?

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

Listening to the news last night and apparently Mike Dee, former CEO of the Miami Dolphins was hired a few days ago to clean up CNN, who's rating are so low they barely register. The first show he targeted was Piers Morgan Live. On shows of this type, (Entertainment, Political, Celebrity interviews), Morgans show is so low it doesnt even show up on the ratings charts. Dee's first announcement is they are launching a new show, it will be an Entertainment, Political, Celebrity Interview show with someone else. At the same time Morgan announced he will be publishing a "Warts and all" book about his time at CNN.

No official announcement, but according to the reporter "The writings on the wall"

Edited by TankerHC
Guest PapaB

July 17th Mike Dees became President and CEO of the San Diego Padres. I've heard nothing about his taking over CNN. Do you have a source?

I'd love to see Morgan returned to his home planet.

Guest TankerHC

July 17th Mike Dees became President and CEO of the San Diego Padres. I've heard nothing about his taking over CNN. Do you have a source?

I'd love to see Morgan returned to his home planet.

As mentioned, came across on the radio last night. (Patriot Radio on Sirius)

Guest TankerHC

Just looked, CNN hired Jeff Zucker in January, not Mike Dee's on the 17th (Radio reportinh wrong, not me, just quoting the reporter), dont know what the whole story is, but heard it again today. Same thing with ratings. With the first 6 people Zucker fired a day after taking over, he wanted Morgan to be one of them, couldnt do it, wanted to push Morgans show to a 10 PM time slot, couldnt do it, so now he is launching a show exactly like Morgans (Who will stay and has no ratings, at least until someone decides to get rid of him) hosted by George Stroumboulopoulos (Had to look up that name).

They said again, nothing official, but everyone (not me) knew that Zucker has been wanting to get rid of Morgan since day one.

Edited by TankerHC

C'mon, think of the children being warped by those 2 cartoons. 

As "reporters" they should not be the first to jump to conclusions about guilt or innocence.  They only stir up one side against the other and keep them fighting among themselves.  In short distracted from the other real issues.

Edited by vontar
Guest TankerHC

One of the things pointed out (And the reason they think this is coming to a head), none of the reporters seemed to know of any business where an employee wrote and published a "tell all, warts and all" book about their employer unless they were being fired (Or politely asked to leave)