The Walking Dead Season 4 Trailer

The trailer looks good. I lost intrest last season. Ricks lil crazy bit, and the governor thing should have ended much earlier along with lots of lil stuff. Like 75 yard headshots with a pistol one day, and then they cant hit the broadside of a barn the next.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

• Like 1

One hour a week, I hate it...

I'll try to wait until they have a bunch of them running and use the DVR because one hour just isn't enough. Then you have to wait a whole seven (7), count them, SEVEN days to get the next one!

IMHO, they lost a couple of the best characters being killed off. Bet ur arse the "Governor" will make a return.

I can't stand that little Carl anymore. Zombies or no zombies, my off spring acts like that the pants get dropped and he becomes a little 12 year old again.

I'm starting to side with the "Walking Dead" the more I watch :ugh:

Too bad the liberal government got un-seated. I'm sure they could have come up with a welfare program to satisfy the hunger of every zombie at the expense of the remaining workers to satisfy them?

Poor zombies, they're homeless, hungry, roam around in packs, don't want to work and want to take by force what you spent years accumulating up (beer belly).

Edited by Dennis1209

I just wish someone would show Rick how to keep his wrist straight when he's pointing that Colt.

I wish they would hire a decent armorer; someone who knows something about guns. I realize that nit-picking any Hollywood production about firearm realism is a pointless activity, but the entire show is mostly centered around gunfire. They film in Georgia; hire a local.

Meh... I skipped last season... not enough zombies. Too much Hollywood thinking.

Rick carries a 6-shot revolver.... please. Why wouldn't he carry at least a 17-round Glock?

A crossbow in a tactical situation?  "Umm... just a second, Mr Zombie... I have to reload my crossbow..."  How many arrows could you carry... realistically... maybe 20 tops? I never see more than six on the crossbow.

Riding a motorcycle with ape hangers on a gravel road?... come on... go steal a decent bike. At least they get this right on Falling Skies where they ride dirt bikes.

ARs without sights?

Where do those zombie bodies go after they kill the zombies just outside the fence?

And my favorite... where are the fat, overweight zombies?

You can't always judge just by a trailer.  That said, going solely by the trailer, I think it looks like Season 4 has the potential to be better than Seasons 2 & 3 combined.  I can't wait!

Funny thing, Dennis 1209, is that Carl is probably my second favorite character on the show right now (Daryl being the first.)  To my mind, how he acted and what he did and said were exactly right.  Father or not, Rick kept telling Carl how he couldn't be a little kid anymore, how the world they knew was gone, etc. but wouldn't get his head out of his own ass and listen to his own words.

In a post-apocalyptic world, anyone who invades my home with the intent of killing me and mine then does not drop their weapon and stop but holds onto their weapon and continues walking toward me would certainly get shot.  Carl did the right thing in shooting that guy.  In fact, the only fault I could find was that, IMO, he should have shot the guy sooner and not let him continue advancing.  Maybe Herschel won't accept that they can't always cut their enemy any slack and maybe Rick won't let go of being 'officer friendly' and accept that survival sometimes mean not being a nice guy - especially to people who just tried to kill you - but Carl knows from straight up.  Rick needed a bit of a 'wake up call' and Carl did the right thing by issuing a verbal smackdown.  Everything Carl said was true.  Dale did die because Carl didn't shoot that walker when he should have.  Lori and T-Dog did die because Rick didn't kill that inmate when he should have.  Merle did die because Rick didn't kill the Governor when he should have (and so did Andrea, for that matter.)

If Rick wants Carl to act like an adult, to take on the responsibilities of an adult and conduct himself as an adult then he needs to respect Carl's instincts and treat him like an adult.  That means treating him like an adult all the time, not just when it suits Rick, and not start lecturing him like he would a little kid at other times.  What Rick should have said was, "From where Herschel was standing, he didn't think it was necessary to kill that guy.  Are you sure you didn't have a choice?"  Then when Carl answered in the affirmative, Rick should have said, "Well, I wasn't there so I am going to trust your judgement on that.  I'm just glad you all got back safely."  And that should have been the end of it.

Carl is a good guy with a strong, moral foundation.  He isn't a heartless killer - heck, he risked his own life to single-handedly bring Tyreese's group out of the 'tombs'.  He has simply accepted that he can't always be nice, kind or forgiving if he wants to live and see that the people for whom he cares live, as well.  Carl is also not insane.  Fact is, as he seems to be willing to accept the full reality of their situation and not live in a fantasy world where everything is somehow going to be rainbows and unicorns if only everyone is nice to each other, he might one of the more sane members of the group.  Certainly more sane than Rick for the majority of the last season.

Finally, if Rick wants Carl to respect him then he should act like someone who deserves respect, not some half-crazed moonbat who can't decide whether he should crap or whistle Dixie.  There was more than one occasion in Season 3 where Carl was protecting or taking care of Rick and where Carl was acting more like the adult and Rick was acting more like a little kid throwing tantrums so I believe that Carl had earned the right to tell Rick how it really is.  That is the way I see it, anyhow.

One of my favorite lines in the comic comes after Carl goes missing (actually, he stows away in an enemy's truck, all alone, with the intent of killing their leader.)  One character says that she is worried about Carl.  Another character replies that the only people who need to worry about Carl are the ones who cross him.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1

After seeing the trailer, yeah, I'm all in.

I just wish someone would show Rick how to keep his wrist straight when he's pointing that Colt.

Barrel is too heavy on an American gun for his English wrist!   :rofl:

• Like 2

Watching this program I'm getting some good pointers for IDPA.

Every time, and I mean every time when they're running through zombies they always make perfect head shots! Give them an automatic weapon and they can't hit the broad side of a barn?

• Like 1

Every time, and I mean every time when they're running through zombies they always make perfect head shots! Give them an automatic weapon and they can't hit the broad side of a barn?

No, it's when their target shoots back that their aim goes to hell.

No, it's when their target shoots back that their aim goes to hell.

You know, I hadn't really thought of it that way.  I can see that incoming fire would detract from one's concentration.

That always bugs me, too - although I hadn't really thought about the fact that when they are missing so much that it is generally against the living who are shooting back.  Still, I think there is something to be said for using the weapon they are best with.  For instance, not being a SD expert or anything else, I think if I could make headshots with a Colt Python while running full-tilt then if things got 'serious' I think I'd grab the Colt Python.  Sure, maybe it doesn't have the capacity, etc. of the AR or even a semiauto handgun but six hits beats thirty misses any day of the week.  Likewise, if I could make 200 yard headshots on walkers from the guard tower with a scoped, bolt action hunting rifle then if a living enemy showed up they'd see me in that guard tower with that scoped, bolt action hunting rifle - not an AR that I couldn't shoot worth a heck.

Edited by JAB