Rise of the Warrior Cop

The Dept. of Education has a SWAT team??

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323848804578608040780519904.html?mod=trending_now_2

"Since the 1960s, in response to a range of perceived threats, law-enforcement agencies across the U.S., at every level of government, have been blurring the line between police officer and soldier. Driven by martial rhetoric and the availability of military-style equipment—from bayonets and M-16 rifles to armored personnel carriers—American police forces have often adopted a mind-set previously reserved for the battlefield. The war on drugs and, more recently, post-9/11 antiterrorism efforts have created a new figure on the U.S. scene: the warrior cop—armed to the teeth, ready to deal harshly with targeted wrongdoers, and a growing threat to familiar American liberties."

As does the IRS, remember when they purchased all those short barreled shotguns a while back?

https://www.fbo.gov/?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=8d3b076bd4de14bbda5aba699e80621d&tab=core&_cview=1

Pretty sure they were not picking those weapons up for the steno pool...

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) intends to purchase sixty Remington Model 870 Police RAMAC #24587 12 gauge pump-action shotguns for the Criminal Investigation Division. The Remington parkerized shotguns, with fourteen inch barrel, modified choke, Wilson Combat Ghost Ring rear sight and XS4 Contour Bead front sight, Knoxx Reduced Recoil Adjustable Stock, and Speedfeed ribbed black forend, are designated as the only shotguns authorized for IRS duty based on compatibility with IRS existing shotgun inventory, certified armorer and combat training and protocol, maintenance, and parts.

Edited by Worriedman

Office of the US Postal Inspector also has swat teams. They train at the Bolger Center in Potomac. MD  https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/radDocs/pubs/06anrept.htm I met some of the instructors at lunch there and asked about how it works when a number of agencies are working on the same case. Who gets to kick down the door? Reply was, "Sometimes it doesn't work very well." The US is a unique country. If one group of LEOs develops a SWAT team, all the other LEO's push until they get one too. I don't think it's as much about becoming an armed state as a public feeding trough. There seems to be no end to what the government will spend. SWAT postal inspectors are an example of how crazy it is getting. I can't think of any case when postal inspectors would ever need to act independently to dispatch snipers and a flash-bang squad. Let the flames begin. I'm sure there's a SWAT postal inspector out there who can provide a valid rationale for this insanity. Employing biochemists would make 100,000 % more sense. 

Edited by Vistar
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest ShenTacOps

Being a newcomer to this site I don't want to insult and argumentative, but I think a point of clarification must be made. You must educate yourself on the duties and repsonsibilities as well as the criminal laws they enfroce, of Federal Law Enforcment Agents / Inspectors. They execute arrest warrants and search warrants on aoutine basis and their clientelle are not law abiding. I would assume that 95% of their arrests are not related to employees within their agency. As for dedicated Swat Teams, Flash Bang Gernades, and dispatching snipers, especially with the US Postal Inspection Serivce , s well as the IRS, - you need to ask the instructors if they have those teams and employ the assets mentioned by above. Disgruntled emloyees make such remarks that are not validated.

• Moderators

Being a newcomer to this site I don't want to insult and argumentative, but I think a point of clarification must be made. You must educate yourself on the duties and repsonsibilities as well as the criminal laws they enfroce, of Federal Law Enforcment Agents / Inspectors. They execute arrest warrants and search warrants on aoutine basis and their clientelle are not law abiding. I would assume that 95% of their arrests are not related to employees within their agency. As for dedicated Swat Teams, Flash Bang Gernades, and dispatching snipers, especially with the US Postal Inspection Serivce , s well as the IRS, - you need to ask the instructors if they have those teams and employ the assets mentioned by above. Disgruntled emloyees make such remarks that are not validated.

Don't be shy, jump on in! I'll even start it for ya! Any use of SWAT/tactical/doorkicker/überHSLD/whatever by civilian law enforcement when there isn't the immediate danger of loss of innocent life is not only ill advised, it is an immoral and illegitimate act of war against the American public as a whole. :D Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 3

When they kick in the wrong door, or force a family to let them use the house for for watching some crime.

Pull a search on the wrong house, kill a homeowner for trying to defend them selves.

I and a lot of us are lawful people, but things are getting bad and it is just DAMN SCARY!!!

Don't be shy, jump on in! I'll even start it for ya! Any use of SWAT/tactical/doorkicker/überHSLD/whatever by civilian law enforcement when there isn't the immediate danger of loss of innocent life is not only ill advised, it is an immoral and illegitimate act of war against the American public as a whole. :D

I just can't like that enough... (The smiley face was a great touch too)