Protesters stop traffic on Interstate, What would you do?

Guest AmericanWorkMule

In TN we have "Stand Your Ground" even in our vehicles, correct?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Protesters stop interstate traffic, What would you Honestly do?

• Plow through?
    • Stop, Stand Your Ground?
    • Retreat, drive in Reverse?

It's highly probable that these protesters didn't get permission permits to stage a friendly protest, nor would they have been given a permit to protest on the interstate. These protests were nothing more than attempts to terrorize people, and if anything bad had happened, then they can accept the consequences. This was law breaking and giving the police and community the middle finger at its best. A lot of people remember the Rodney King riot incident pictured above, and it's the reason more people carry guns in their vehicles for self-protection. Any attacks on these people in their cars would have been reason enough for justified self-defense.

+1!

• Authorized Vendor

Kinda hard to do that on the interstate, especially when you don't have access to the highway going the opposite direction. These drivers are trapped and have no options.

That's a load of crap. You always have options...it just depends on which ones you choose to use.

• Like 1

That's a load of crap. You always have options...it just depends on which ones you choose to use.

Those options are greatly reduced if your children are in the car. Be a bad day for those pieces of #&&@! if they forced me to make the decision, my family or them, is no question.
  • Like 2
Guest ThePunisher

" do ya feel lucky today punks... well, do ya punks "
My wife faced that choice back in 2001. We lived in Northern KY, and she worked in downtown Cincinnatti. She had just got off work on the first day of the riots and turned on a one-way street only to be facing a mob of rioters and LEOs in riot gear. Of course, she reversed direction on the one-way and got South of the river ASAP.

I think what choice is made depends entirely on the situation, the terrain, how badly you need to get to what's on the other side of the crowd and what's behind you.

I'll attempt to distance myself from the crowd and find another way whenever possible. Edited by Batman

Kinda reminds me of back when OJ got acquitted in a court of law after killing Nicole and Ronald...remember how we all took to the streets in protest, committing racial hate violence against innocent black folk to show how unjust the "system" was, that let go a person who killed people of another race?  Remember?  No, wait, NOW I remember, that didn't happen!

• Like 6
At some point one of these thug "protestors" (rioters) will attack a white person and get shot for it. I'm afraid that's all it's going to take to escalate this to a whole new level.

The grandmother in the van had every right to defend herself from assault and get her granddaughter to the hospital. What if she had done so with a gun? There would be a whole new "Justice for (insert thug's name here) campaign.

If this BS doesn't simmer down soon, it's going to boil over. I suspect that is what some black "leaders" want to happen. Edited by Clod Stomper
  • Like 1
Guest ThePunisher

If this BS doesn't simmer down soon, it's going to boil over. I suspect that is what some black "leaders" want to happen.

They know that they're outnumbered and outgunned for any boiling over. And like the black preacher said, " the whites are tired of this ####, and they gonna riot ". Edited by ThePunisher

What does” stand your ground” or the attack on Reginald Denny during the LA riots have to do with this incident? Were the protesters attacking someone?

I don’t see a link to a story, so I’m not sure what the intent of your pictorial is?

Yea Twitter is filled with all sorts of reports of J4T related racial assaults, this is one of the few that made the lame-stream media, but only because it was captured by a news crew's camera.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/17/it-was-terryfying-zimmerman-protester-assaults-wom/

Hundreds of demonstrators took to the streets in Houston on Monday to protest against the acquittal of George Zimmerman, but what started as a peaceful rally turned terrifying for one woman who claims she was assaulted while trying to get her daughter to the hospital.

“I looked up and I see all the protesters, they’re everywhere,” said Georgia, who asked Click 2 Houston that her last name not be used. “So, we got into the traffic and they’re stopping us and not letting us go.”

“My mom rolled down the window,” said Georgia’s older daughter. “She said, ‘We’re trying to get my granddaughter to the hospital,’ and a guy just started hitting her.”

A Click 2 Houston video shows Georgia sitting in the front seat of the vehicle with her window down, and you can see a man reach in and grab her chest. Georgia said she was hit.

These protests were nothing more than attempts to terrorize people.

Agreed, what this really boils down to is simple racial intimidation, on a national scale, we are talking KKK at the height of their power sort of stuff, apparently with President of the United State's & his Department of Justice's blessings & even support.

It's clear that this has absolutely nothing to do with "justice" or "civil rights" this is a message to white folks, that they are willing & able to take to the streets over any offense, be it real or imagined.
  • Like 2

Kinda hard to do that on the interstate, especially when you don't have access to the highway going the opposite direction. These drivers are trapped and have no options.

I don't understand. Their only option to "turn around and find another way" would be to go the wrong direction on the interstate. That is not a viable option, at all.

I don't understand. Their only option to "turn around and find another way" would be to go the wrong direction on the interstate. That is not a viable option, at all.

It's a better option than having to shoot poor Trayvon for expressing himself :). If the popo want me to go the right way down the interstate, they need to move the obstructions.

• Like 3

Nothing wrong witha plow or a brushguard on the front of a vehicle. I'm thinking, i would try to find another way around though. If there is no other way around, I would make my way around. 4x4 does come in handy, and if they(protestors) try anything, the pistol is in lap, doors locked and windows rolled up. Just for safety measure, the AR would be within arms reach just in case.

In a perfect scenario, this above would be my choice.

• Like 1

It's a better option than having to shoot poor Trayvon for expressing himself :). If the popo want me to go the right way down the interstate, they need to move the obstructions.

I wasn't speaking to the legality of driving the wrong way on the interstate, I was talking about the danger. At any speed, driving the wrong way on the interstate will likely result in a collision. Not something I'd take my kids in. At least with the protest my bullets move faster than their ability to hurt my children.
  • Authorized Vendor

I wasn't speaking to the legality of driving the wrong way on the interstate, I was talking about the danger. At any speed, driving the wrong way on the interstate will likely result in a collision. Not something I'd take my kids in. At least with the protest my bullets move faster than their ability to hurt my children.

What happens when you run out of bullets? I hope you have hundreds of rounds and you're a better shot that your average Navy Seal. What do you think is going to happen is the middle of hundreds of black folk after you have maimed or killed several of their little precious Travons?

Guest 6.8 AR

He's a pretty good shot. :D

I wouldn't go plowing over people and would get the heck out of there if I knew what was going on. If you keep going,

and find the real trouble is just down the road, you're now trapped. People turn around through the grass at wrecks

on the interstate all the time, as it is. Trouble with something like that happening is you're likely to see it on an alternate

route, also. Then you're in Zombie Apocalypse times. Oops! If that's the case, nothing else matters.

What happens when you run out of bullets? I hope you have hundreds of rounds and you're a better shot that your average Navy Seal. What do you think is going to happen is the middle of hundreds of black folk after you have maimed or killed several of their little precious Travons?

Not really looking to argue about what to do, I'm just saying that the probability of getting into an accident on the interstate when traveling the wrong direction is high. Like incredibly high. In fact, few people do it and come out unscathed.

Also, in my experience when gun fire starts crowds disperse faster than I can expend my ammunition.
  • Like 2

He's a pretty good shot. :D

I wouldn't go plowing over people and would get the heck out of there if I knew what was going on. If you keep going,

and find the real trouble is just down the road, you're now trapped. People turn around through the grass at wrecks

on the interstate all the time, as it is. Trouble with something like that happening is you're likely to see it on an alternate

route, also. Then you're in Zombie Apocalypse times. Oops! If that's the case, nothing else matters.

That's what I do. Kick in the 4WD and cut through the median. Looks like there's no median in this case.