Protesters stop traffic on Interstate, What would you do?

Guest AmericanWorkMule

In TN we have "Stand Your Ground" even in our vehicles, correct?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Protesters stop interstate traffic, What would you Honestly do?

• Plow through?
    • Stop, Stand Your Ground?
    • Retreat, drive in Reverse?

At any given time there is at least an AR15 and 6 fully loaded mags in my car.  If I am faced with a deadly threat from a mob with no more sense than to try and take a person as heavily armed as myself, I will gladly empty every single mag.

Cheers.

Gotta think though, will they blame the AR, the guy behind it, or the angry mob. 10 to 1 says its not the mob...

Not really looking to argue about what to do, I'm just saying that the probability of getting into an accident on the interstate when traveling the wrong direction is high. Like incredibly high. In fact, few people do it and come out unscathed.

Also, in my experience when gun fire starts crowds disperse faster than I can expend my ammunition.

Hope you don't think I would go the wrong way down a functioning interstate. The one in the picture is at a dead stop. There's no median.

Too many "ifs" to answer really.

If they are not violent,  driving over them is only an option if I personally have a life threatening emergency and they will not move out of my way.  In which case, too bad for them.

If I am close to the wall of humans, I will cheerfully hold down my horn for hours on end.  I am easily amused and have a sour attitude.  I will probably also put "jesus built my hotrod" on full blast and repeat, so I won't even have to hear the horn... 

If I am far enough back, get off at the next exit. 

If they attack, shoot in amongst them and run over whatever is left.

If there is a shoulder etc I will try to go around it if possible.  Etc.

Generally I support the right to protest up to a point.  When the protest blocks a major road that is needed for emergency vehicles and is destructive (what if you were on the way to a game with $1000 in tickets??)  I support the right to remove the protesters, by force if necessary. 

• Like 4

If I am close to the wall of humans, I will cheerfully hold down my horn for hours on end. I am easily amused and have a sour attitude. I will probably also put "jesus built my hotrod" on full blast and repeat, so I won't even have to hear the horn...

Absolutely option "A".
Guest TresOsos

Call 911 first..and wish I was calling in an airstrike or artillery, 155's would make quick work of that mob.

Seriously, arm myself, call 911 and start thinking of the best way to extract myself from the situation.

Edited by TresOsos
Guest Emtdaddy1980
Possibly kneecap the closest one and then use them as a hostage/human shield while ordering the others to clear your path. .......... not exactly legal, but if we're spitballing tacticool endgame scenarios I thought I'd throw that out there.

Possibly kneecap the closest one and then use them as a hostage/human shield while ordering the others to clear your path. .......... not exactly legal, but if we're spitballing tacticool endgame scenarios I thought I'd throw that out there.

Oh, if the question is how to out badass each other, it sounds like the *perfect* scenario to try out my bumpfire stock. 

Guest nra37922

Incorporate some psychological warfare.

1.  Procure a bunch of half liter clear plastic bottles

2)  Procure an equal amount of bio-hazard labels

3)  Put labels on bottles

4)  Fill bottles with water

5)  Add a little bit of Kool-Aid, a little coloring not a lot, and a little thickening agent for effect

6)  Store in car until needed

7)  Remove cap and throw bottle into crowd - may want to drop in an alka selzer for a real special fizz

8)  Return to car, and/or roll up window, and watch the stampede

Edited by nra37922
I'm not sure what to think that seven people voted they would plow through a crowd of protesters as the first option. My first thought is that there are some violent evil people who have no respect for the law, decency, or human life. My next thought is that these same people who are tough guys behind the safety of their keyboard would really probably crawl into the floorboard of their car crying until the police showed up.

As for me, I would stop, assess, stand my ground if necessary, retreat if possible, and plow through them only as an absolute last resort to save my life or the lives of my family if they were with me.
  • Like 1

I'm not sure what to think that seven people voted they would plow through a crowd of protesters as the first option. My first thought is that there are some violent evil people who have no respect for the law, decency, or human life. My next thought is that these same people who are tough guys behind the safety of their keyboard would really probably crawl into the floorboard of their car crying until the police showed up.
As for me, I would stop, assess, stand my ground if necessary, retreat if possible, and plow through them only as an absolute last resort to save my life or the lives of my family if they were with me.

Once again East_TN_Patriot nails it on the head. I too find it interesting that so many folks on here are so BA. Keep in mind we're talking about a crowd of protesters, not rioters. The fact that for so many "plowing through the mindless liberal zombies" sounds like A logical step is both a little funny and a little sad. Oh and "say for example you were on your way to a game with $1000.00 tickets" give me a break, seriously you'd plow through a crowd just to make the game on time? Would you shoot your way to the front of the line once you got there?

Now don't get me wrong, I in no way shape or form condone these kind of actions, there is a right way and wrong way to take to the streets and this is most definitely the wrong way. But come on, are we better than these A-holes or aren't we? Sometimes I have to wonder.
  • Like 1
Guest ThePunisher
Some of these responses are the results of the cumulative piling on the hard working and law abiding citizens from tyrannical politicians showing bias toward a group of lawless and deadbeat people just to get their votes. You can pile on good people only for so long before they get tired of the ####, and start to push back. Also, if you push a scared man or person into a corner, they will either fall prey to the bullies or come out ferociously to get kick a##. For the most part, everyone here are law abiding and hard working people who try to avoid trouble, but I'm sure they are also tired of the double standards being displayed by the tyrants, and they don't want to be pushed into a corner of injustice.

From what I've seen this past week, the law abiding citizens have tried to avoid trouble from these protesters, and the thugs did what they always do. The cities and country are lucky these protesters didn't push too far, b/c I'm afraid it would have gotten real ugly. Law abiding citizens can only tolerate so much ####.
Guest nra37922

Personally, I think if you just started handing out job applications, the situation would clear out in just a few minutes!

More psychological warfare...

Guest Emtdaddy1980

Personally, I think if you just started handing out job applications, the situation would clear out in just a few minutes!

Or possibly paternity tests
Guest TresOsos

Once again East_TN_Patriot nails it on the head. I too find it interesting that so many folks on here are so BA. Keep in mind we're talking about a crowd of protesters, not rioters. The fact that for so many "plowing through the mindless liberal zombies" sounds like A logical step is both a little funny and a little sad. Oh and "say for example you were on your way to a game with $1000.00 tickets" give me a break, seriously you'd plow through a crowd just to make the game on time? Would you shoot your way to the front of the line once you got there?

Now don't get me wrong, I in no way shape or form condone these kind of actions, there is a right way and wrong way to take to the streets and this is most definitely the wrong way. But come on, are we better than these A-holes or aren't we? Sometimes I have to wonder.

I'm sorry I have to disagree with both of you, just who is putting who in a uncomfortable and possibly life threatening situation if things turn violent. Don't make the mob the victims, they have infringed on the liberty of those who only want to travel on a public thoroughtfare. The cops need to show up quickly on horse back with clubs and bust some heads, this behavior is uncalled for. Someone is going to get killed in one of these so called protest and I'm sure the media will portray the poor violent protester that tried pulling someone out of there car while attempting to beat them, as the victim.

Edited by TresOsos
  • Moderators

But come on, are we better than these A-holes or aren't we? Sometimes I have to wonder.

I freely admit I am not. I just want to be left alone to live my life and go about my business unmolested by other folks and the government. I do my best to extend that same courtesy to everyone else. Other than that, I really don't like people and have no care or concern whether other folks live or die. At the point that you become a hindrance to my ability to go about my business, I stop caring whether you live and start wishing that you die.
  • Like 2

Considering that it's a group that decided to illegally block the interstate and bring kids to do so, it shows me they are crazy. I try to avoid crazy people. Plow may be a harsh word, but I will be driving through slow enough to not hurt people that are wise enough not to threaten my life and my family (because as a mob those tend to turn really fast in these types of situations.)

The first person on the interstate who came to a stop is how the mob came to block the interstate, if the drivers hadn't lifted their foot off the throttle the crowd likely wouldn't be out in the lanes of the interstate. I've dealt with mobs of people surrounding my vehicles in the roadway to stop or slow them way more than I like, once you come to a stop the crowd that just forced you to stop has taken control. If they want your load or to pull you out and beat you blind there is little you can do to stop it, sure a gun might keep them back for a bit but if traffic is backing up for miles it's gonna be a while before help can arrive and if your outnumbered 20-1 the odds are not in your favor. Now if your the unlucky guy behind the first person that stopped you didn't even get the choice, and if traffic is coming fast behind retreat may not be an option. That is a situation I would hate to be in but I would guess that if I couldn't get to the median and get around the mob or turn around that I would be finding a defendable position and posting up there until the mob dissipated or the calvary arrived.

Guest ThePunisher

Reginald Denny 1992 Los Angeles riots
ReginaldDenny.jpg

The picture of the guy on the ground could possibly be you or me sometime in a situation like that, but if a situation like that ever occurs, I can say I will not be the only one lying on the ground.