McCain backs Obama's call for 'stand your ground' review

Maybe these blacks screaming against SYG because they're told to, should be made aware that if it goes away and a redneck gangbanger starts talking trash towards them, they have to walk away, they can't stand their ground. Oh yeah, that's silly. That's what we are supposed to do, walk away, go to work, and pay their bills.
  • Like 1

Maybe these blacks screaming against SYG because they're told to, should be made aware that if it goes away and a redneck gangbanger starts talking trash towards them, they have to walk away, they can't stand their ground. Oh yeah, that's silly. That's what we are supposed to do, walk away, go to work, and pay their bills.

racist much?

Stupidity knows no color bounds.  There are plenty of people who are not black who are against SYG.

racist much?

Stupidity knows no color bounds.  There are plenty of people who are not black who are against SYG.

Racist, really???
I'm speaking towards blacks in the hood, you know full of gangs, where anyone should be scared to walk through. Any kid should be able to walk down any street, except where you know better. I know a lot of people are against SYG, but most don't know why. Some of them are just taking up for people who would assault them without a second thought.

Racist, really???
I'm speaking towards blacks in the hood, you know full of gangs, where anyone should be scared to walk through. Any kid should be able to walk down any street, except where you know better. I know a lot of people are against SYG, but most don't know why. Some of them are just taking up for people who would assault them without a second thought.

:wall:

John McCain is a man who went through hell as a prisoner of war because he chose to defend his country in a wildly unpopular war and we should never forget the sacrifice he and so many men AND women made; especially those who made the final sacrifice.

As a politician, John McCain is a worthless piece of crap who deserves to be ignored and retired by the voters and who is absolute proof of how utterly void of rational thought and principles the Republican party is (because if they were capable of rational thought and had any principles the party would not allow McCain to identify himself or run under the banner of the Republican party).

All that said, I'm so not surprised that he is against SYG laws that telling me that the sun will set in the West this evening will get the same level of surprise from me.

• Like 3
Guest Lester Weevils

Speaking of which, is there a national method of recalling a senator, or would that vary state by state? Or is a recall petition just impossible except in case of criminal behavior or incapacitation?

Just thinking, TN has a couple of senators that ought to be recalled as well.

John McCain is very much a symbol of the new Republican Party. Like all Neo-Cons, if he can't lie his way out of it he will join the other side to get votes. Reason I left the party ten years ago to become an Independent.

BTW, I guess I have to keep saying it. The Z trial was not a trial of Stand Your Ground. They tried him for murder, which he did not commit. He did not leave his truck with the intent to kill Martin. They should have tried him for Manslaughter which he could have beat with a simple Self Defense argument. If they really want to change the playing field, try people for the crime that fitsand  not something that has nothing to do with the actual events.

Edited by wjh2657

John McCain is very much a symbol of the new Republican Party. Like all Neo-Cons, if he can't lie his way out of it he will join the other side to get votes. Reason I left the party ten years ago to become an Independent.

BTW, I guess I have to keep saying it. The Z trial was not a trial of Stand Your Ground. They tried him for murder, which he did not commit. He did not leave his truck with the intent to kill Martin. They should have tried him for Manslaughter which he could have beat with a simple Self Defense argument. If they really want to change the playing field, try people for the crime that fitsand  not something that has nothing to do with the actual events.

These turkeys don't care about SYG...they care about power and their agenda; that's why Holder and the usual suspects are trying to turn this into a SYG crusade.

Manslaughter would never have placated the race baiters and there is no doubt in my mind that the shopped for DA bypassed the already scheduled grand jury because she knew they would never come back with a charge of murder (and very likely wouldn't have indited Zimmerman for anything considering the overwhelming lack of evidence against him.

Guest 6.8 AR

John MaCain aspires to be the most western US Senator to die in office. I doubt he go as far as Strom Thurmond

or Senator KKK Byrd, but he has something to shoot for.

Speaking of which, is there a national method of recalling a senator, or would that vary state by state? Or is a recall petition just impossible except in case of criminal behavior or incapacitation?

My understanding is that it's totally done under state provisions, and even city/county ones for local officials. Don't even know if every state even calls for it, but there seems no provision for it on the federal level, only impeachment.

Some states have specific reasons that must be shown, some can recall for any reason seems. Replacement method if successful varies too.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

They DID try him for Manslaughter. It was an included charge. The jury could have convicted him for it.

FTFY

I really wish you wouldn't fake a quote of mine, Mike.

I don't really care if John McCain was a horrid pilot or the most gifted pilot that ever climbed into a jet...we lost far, far too many pilots and troops in that war and I'm sure they weren't all shot down because of the quality of their flying.  I was on the "firing" end of my ship's missile system and I can tell you from experience that those missiles are difficult to beat once they lock on to an aircraft.

I don't care how bad of a senator he is, he chose to wear the uniform and put his life in danger...either he deserves respect for that or no veteran does.