Laws on carrying a long gun in your truck?

• Moderators
If you have a HCP you may carry a loaded long gun in the vehicle provided the chamber is empty. If you do not have a HCP, it is illegal to possess a loaded gun of any type in your vehicle.
OK I'm lost on this understanding, why is it in your vehicle with a HCP we can have our handgun loaded and chambered but no long gun? What is there reasoning to not have your long gun with a rnd in the chamber?

sent from my RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk 2

• Moderators

OK I'm lost on this understanding, why is it in your vehicle with a HCP we can have our handgun loaded and chambered but no long gun? What is there reasoning to not have your long gun with a rnd in the chamber?sent from my RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk 2

Poaching was the excuse if I remember correctly.
  • Like 2

Poaching was the excuse if I remember correctly.

That's gov-think for sure.  They'll take a chance by issuing you a handgun permit, but if a rifle's involved, you're considered a potential lawbreaking maniac.

Edited by gun sane
  • Like 1

I'm thinking AK-pistol instead... :whistle:

That's how I roll. I don't keep a round chambered in that one since it's stowed, so once my stamp comes back it won't change anything on how I travel with it. It'll just mean I can't carry it in my backpack on hikes anymore.

That's how I roll. I don't keep a round chambered in that one since it's stowed, so once my stamp comes back it won't change anything on how I travel with it. It'll just mean I can't carry it in my backpack on hikes anymore.

So sounds like your going to keep a class 3 in your truck?I'd be afraid of it getting stole or something.

So sounds like your going to keep a class 3 in your truck?I'd be afraid of it getting stole or something.

Meh, ain't too worried about it. The difference between how I do now and when this one gets stamped is $200 bucks and long wait. I don't exactly drive a flashy truck or go places where vehicle breakins are the norm. Besides, the way it's stored they have to take some time to find it, and it's not a place where thieves on quick smash and grab are gonna look, like glove box and console. If it gets taken I can live with it.
Ok,I got a little Krinkov registered SBR,that I'd like to carry some.Just scared something might happed to it or something.It's built with a Bulgarian kit, so they are hard to come by. Edited by jeff43

That's gov-think for sure.  They'll take a chance by issuing you a handgun permit, but if a rifle's involved, you're considered a potential lawbreaking maniac.

Don't forget the uber dangerous 4.1" bladed pocketknife.

- OS

• Like 1

Don't forget the uber dangerous 4.1" bladed pocketknife.

- OS

Or the evil switchblade, whose opening sound is equivalent to the racking sound of a pump shotgun. :panic: :eek: :rofl:

At least according to the Sheriff's Association...

Edited by tartanphantom
Guest AmericanWorkMule

so, legally, since loading it is putting one in the chamber;
one cannot have shells in their coach shotgun while transporting it in their car?

MuppetMovie_DBS_01.jpg

Edited by AmericanWorkMule

so, legally, since loading it is putting one in the chamber;
one cannot have shells in their coach shotgun while transporting it in their car?

MuppetMovie_DBS_01.jpg

That would be correct. Unless using it in justifiable self defense, which might apply above after the deadly pie attack or whatever they're facing.

- OS