HUD's new fair housing regulation

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/huds-new-fair-housing-rule-establishes-diversity-data-every-neighborhood-us

To ensure that "every American is able to choose to live in a community they feel proud of," HUD has published a new fair-housing regulation intended to give people access to better neighborhoods than the ones they currently live in.

The way I understood the article is the federal government wants to fix the less than desirable areas of a community/city by giving subsidies, grants, etc... to those who may not otherwise be able to afford to move out of that area.  Where is the fairness in that?  Call me racist, but this is seriously ****ed up.

• Like 1
What this is actually about, is that plans are in the works to force nice areas to accept people that would normally be living in low income areas.

I do not believe it is about improving current low income areas. Edited by Sam1
  • Like 2
Guest Emtdaddy1980
Sounds like a good reason to ensure that your house puts off as much of a redneck vibe as possible while the one next door is showing.
This is such a great idea. Have someone move in next door who did nothing to earn their house and don't have any interest in taking care of it themselves, and likely do not work other than breeding welfare puppies. That will surely raise the value of my property.
  • Like 1

This is such a great idea. Have someone move in next door who did nothing to earn their house and don't have any interest in taking care of it themselves, and likely do not work other than breeding welfare puppies. That will surely raise the value of my property.

Well, it's just not fair that you have that nice house [from working 18 hour days, 7 days a week or being responsible with your income] and Bob & Mary Sue that have been on public assistance their entire lives [2nd generation recipients] cannot live next door to you.  See, by putting people in houses they are not responsible enough to take care of or can afford, they will obviously get a head start on things.

• Like 2

See, by putting people in houses they are not responsible enough to take care of or can afford, they will obviously get a head start on things.

is this that Head Start program I keep hearing about on the news ?

• Like 1

Well, it's just not fair that you have that nice house [from working 18 hour days, 7 days a week or being responsible with your income] and Bob & Mary Sue that have been on public assistance their entire lives [2nd generation recipients] cannot live next door to you. See, by putting people in houses they are not responsible enough to take care of or can afford, they will obviously get a head start on things.

I never thought about it that way before. I guess it makes sense, and we could only expect that they would immediately become productive members of society when met with such an opportunity, as they would be so grateful and appreciative to the tax paying members of the community who provided them with this housing. I get it now.

Guest nra37922

That great sucking sound that Ross Perot warned us against, he was concerned about NAFTA, is actually the sound of the country going down the toilet.  I have quite a few black professional co-workers I would not mind as neighbors and then I see the vermin infesting East Knoxville and cringe. 

Wealth redistrubution at it's finest, eh comrades? Imagine an America where your hard earned money is taken from you by threat/use of force & given to folks who simply voted for it to happen.

Well I guess we don't have to imagine it anymore now do we? Our nations "saftey net" for the elderly, disabled & poor has become a feeding trough for tens of millions of abled bodied parasites.
  • Like 4

There are more white welfare po than black, so maybe you will get a redneck from hell as a "leg up" neighbor.

Sorry but it isn't applicable to poor white folks, re-read the article, it's purpose is to end historical community "segregation" by plopping poor black folks into well off white neighborhoods.

Clinton's HUD did this as a pilot program back in the mid-90s in "selected" areas.

One was Fayetteville NC because of the high number of rental units due to nearby Ft. Bragg.

It was Damn-Ugly. 

Yup, our old Clinton buddy HUD Secretary Henry Cisneros's idea.  The same Cisneros who had lied to FBI investigators during his background checks about his many payoffs to mistress to keep her quiet. 

that was the program we were dealing with in "FayetteNAM."

Looks like Barry O's folks are going to do a replay! 

isn't section 8 in the military just another term for crazy?

Maybe at one time. It made its way into our vernacular due to Cpl Klinger and his propensity to wear women's clothing. Of course, in today's military a dude can run around in women's panties and a skirt and it would be intolerant to say, "hey, that guy is a little crazy. Maybe he shouldn't be going patrol."
  • Like 1
Guest nra37922

Cool... now I can quit my job and move to Brentwood!

Brentwood is divided by 1-65.  East Brentwood is the pits, West Brentwood is. or was, the good area to live in.

• Moderators
Holy shit. They are going to turn the rest of the country into Memphis. This is pretty much exactly what was done in Memphis. They demolished the public housing and used section 8 and other HUD vouchers and programs to relocate the residents into established neighborhoods. The idea behind it is that if you take take a family out of a concentrated area of poverty, you will give the kids positive role models not dependent on .gov assistance and it will also help diffuse the concentrated power of criminal gangs. The reality is that they bring their gang affiliations with them and spread the reach and influence of those criminal gangs. This is very, very bad.
  • Like 3