voldemort at it again

Passing the TV in the breakroom at work around 5pm. Didn't see what channel it was but they were interviewing ol Leonard Embody.

Looked like he had some new fiasco today with MetroPD involving him wearing body armor and possibly open carrying a long gun.

I only saw a part of it but can't find any more info on the net. Anyone hear more?

It's probably safe to say he didn't violate any laws, since I'm sure he's been planning this for a while and likely made sure he had all his bases covered, but it still demands the question... WHY????

Imagine you are downtown having lunch with your kids and you see a man walk in with a rifle slung wearing body armor.  I can tell you that your first thought would not be "well it looks like this upstanding gentleman is simply exercising his rights to be a flaming douchetard."  You will likely think that he is on the first leg of a shooting spree.  Not "if" but "when" he gets gunned down for being an idiot I hope he lives long enough to regret being a effing moron.

• Like 3

Now, there's a new one. I must admit, even I like that one.

Ha, sorry.  Forgot about your earlier request.  It's just that there are few names I could think of to describe him... and I have quite a vocabulary too.  Give me a day to think it over and I'll think of a new one to pin to him.

• Like 1

As of 10 minutes ago he was on the WKRN comments section defending himself.  Apparently he wrapped the rifle in plastic so it wasn't "clearly visible" giving them no reason to suspect he was carrying a rifle at all, let alone a loaded firearm.  This guys is in desperate need of a very, very late term abortion.

• Like 3

I'm curious what this 'silencer' really is...  Was he really carrying around an NFA item, or is it some kind of flash suppressor.  I suspect it isn't an NFA item but with Leonard you can't really tell.

He does seem to have come up with the perfect PC trap for law enforcement here, and clearly he took a lot of time coming up with this plan.  If it turns out he wasn't carrying a NFA item, he probably just hit the jackpot for a 1983 lawsuit, since they made the mistake of arresting him this time.

They would have been on much better ground to charge him under 39-17-1307, claiming the case made the weapon "concealed" and therefore didn't meet the standard of 39-17-1308a1, although that would have been thrown out since they got calls he was carrying a firearm ;)

Edited by JayC

This is not the first time Embody has been charged with carrying a weapon in public. In 2009 and 2010, police caught him walking around Radnor Lake and Belle Meade with a revolver and AK-47.

question, I didn't think they actually charged him with anything at Radnor Lake and Belle Meade?

BTW, this is not the kind of help we want.

Police said he could not show proof that he legally possessed the suppressor

Edited by vontar

Ha, sorry.  Forgot about your earlier request.  It's just that there are few names I could think of to describe him... and I have quite a vocabulary too.  Give me a day to think it over and I'll think of a new one to pin to him.

No, I really DO like that one! I may even use it! lol

EDIT: I just did, on FB. What a great phrase.

Edited by Steelharp
  • Like 2

What can we really say about Leonard Embody?

While his motives may be for the good. His methods clearly are not only controversial, but sometimes markedly detramental to his to his(our) cause.

Good motives????    :screwy: 

If Leonard Embody is a "gun advocate" then I'm an flying unicorn. The only thing Embody is an advocate of is getting his name in the news and I suggest he has a serious mental condition that needs to be evaluated.

RESPONSIBLE gun owners and true advocates for our unalienable right to arms DO NOT BLATANTLY break the law nor do things that may be just shy of breaking the law just to get our names in the news.

• Like 5
Guest 6.8 AR

I don't care for his actions, one bit, but I do respect his anger, and willingness, to take things up a notch. I

still refuse to pass judgement on this guy. He may be crazy, and he may be a lot of things, but when the time

comes, if it ever does, what will be your breaking point? How will you react? Do you think the internet will even

be around to get us all ready, willing and able to defend ourselves against another, much more heinous tyranny?

Nope.

Something really pissed him off. I'd rather know the back story than the internet version. Something tells me

he could be doing something for the right reasons, maybe the wrong way, but possibly for the right reason,

and maybe a bit untimely.

Don't know him and I doubt I ever will, but the way we blow things off as insane sometimes, are poor judgements.

The media will make anything into a circus. some of us are just hoping to see him go down when the next ones

might be us, and are looking for someone else to blame. I'm sure I could be wrong, though.

Something really pissed him off. I'd rather know the back story than the internet version.

What drives him has nothing to do with gun rights.  It has more to do with the frustration of being born into the body of the biggest douchetard on the planet. 

• Like 1

Don't worry. He stole it and used it on Facebook :)

I don't care for his actions, one bit, but I do respect his anger, and willingness, to take things up a notch. I

still refuse to pass judgement on this guy. He may be crazy, and he may be a lot of things, but when the time

comes, if it ever does, what will be your breaking point? How will you react? Do you think the internet will even

be around to get us all ready, willing and able to defend ourselves against another, much more heinous tyranny?

Nope.

Something really pissed him off. I'd rather know the back story than the internet version. Something tells me

he could be doing something for the right reasons, maybe the wrong way, but possibly for the right reason,

Don't know him and I doubt I ever will, but the way we blow things off as insane sometimes, are poor judgements.

The media will make anything into a circus. some of us are just hoping to see him go down when the next ones

might be us, and are looking for someone else to blame. I'm sure I could be wrong, though.

I tend to judge people not just on motives but on their actions (and the results of their actions).

I don't believe he's reached any sort of a breaking point...I don't believe he's angry...I don't believe his motives are anything more than getting attention (and maybe a fat, juicy lawsuit against someone to fund his retirement). He's a narcissist; perhaps he's deluded himself into thinking he's doing this for some higher, self-sacrificing purpose but I don't buy it. I have had the misfortune of meeting him and I don't buy his "I'm trying to help" act.

However, regardless of his motives; his actions are idiotic and have done nothing good for the firearm community/those who value our right to arms. Whether they have any lasting negative repercussions on the pro-2A community or not is difficult to tell but I can't imagine anything positive that has come from scaring people and tying up police who have to respond to his stupidity.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 2

Nope.

What anger??? He does crazy shit to get on TV... just like my second exwife. Just an attention ho.