voldemort at it again

You don't think they'd be happy with the fact that we're content with turning rights into privileges?

I think they'd be pretty pissed off at what happened to the legacy of liberty they had left for us & the cowardly nature of those who profess defense of what little remains of it.
  • Like 1

The internet tells me that Thomas Jefferson said "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."

That sums it up for me

• Like 1

I think they'd be pretty pissed off at what happened to the legacy of liberty they had left for us & the cowardly nature of those who profess defense of what little remains of it.

Who exactly is being a coward?  Do you think walking down a city street in body armor and an AR is being brave or "fighting" for anything (other than attention)?

From the standpoint of our laws we are where we are...bitching about them or pulling incredibly stupid stunts like this only harm, not help that situation.  There is a way go effect change, this kind of idiocy is not it (not that changing it is his motivation).

• Like 2
Guest bluecanary25

:popcorn:   Enjoying the number of people that take pleasure in denouncing anyone that agrees with some of Embody's actions.  

Has anyone here met him?  I have.  I don't think he's a douchebag.  Just a bit more Radical than most here have the nerve to be, myself included. So I will play Devil's Advocate... This forum has some real sharp thinkers on here (not me!)

Technically he has the Right and has paid for the Privilege to engage his 2AR.  He has demonstrated the flaw in several Laws.

Can anyone point out what Law(s) or Codes that were broken at Radon Lake or Belle Meade?  Belle Meade changed their carry law after Embody... he followed their old Law to the letter.  Have to admit he is very thorough on being technically correct in following the Law.

So, please, take a moment and analyse WHAT he is questioning about some of our Laws, not how he is doing it.

He is NOT my hero.  But he does follow the Letter of the Law.

Who exactly is being a coward?

This thread is ripe with fear.

Post after post expressing fear of what potential legislation might be passed because someone dared "bear arms" in public.

The only reason you all feel this fear is because your "inalienable rights, which shall not be infringed" have generation after generation slowly become fragile privilages, which are ever-infringed upon every time that the left gets enough votes to do so.

It's happened so many times that the fear has become Pavlovian.
  • Like 3

Post after post expressing fear of what potential legislation might be passed because someone dared "bear arms" in public.

The only reason you all feel this fear is because your "inalienable rights, which shall not be infringed" have generation after generation slowly become fragile privilages, which are ever-infringed upon every time that the left gets enough votes to do so.

Maybe you should join Voldemort in rising up against the tyrants.

• Like 2

:popcorn:   Enjoying the number of people that take pleasure in denouncing anyone that agrees with some of Embody's actions.  

Has anyone here met him?  I have.  I don't think he's a douchebag.  

I have, super nice guy in person, and a good neighbor.

• Like 1

Maybe we all should.

There's no doubt that every one of us have allowed our government to slowly erode our rights, turning them into their own interpretations. We all have an invisible line, and some are willing to be pushed farther than others. For some, that invisible line won't be crossed until they come kicking in your door to confiscate your guns. Sadly, for countless more, their invisible line will be even further than that.

You're not likely to find many who are willing to admit it, but most are scared to death of the government, and that's exactly how our leaders want it. A fearful society is an obedient society. Some people are fearful of death, while others are fearful of losing their freedom and material possessions. As long as the masses are fearful, the government can obviously do whatever they want. 

As of this moment, Leonard is on a one-man mission. I don't believe he is some sort of undercover anti-gunner who's out to make all gun owners look like whackos. I believe his invisible line has been crossed, and he's legally (pending the outcome of this event) doing what he feels necessary to make his point. I'm not sure it's the best option, but I do have respect for his willingness to stand up for what he believes.

• Like 3

So, please, take a moment and analyse WHAT he is questioning about some of our Laws, not how he is doing it.

All he had to do was show that the weapon wasn’t loaded. There was PC for a stop and there was PC to check the weapon.

When a person can step out into the public carrying a rifle and dressed in body armor and the Police can’t stop him until he starts dropping bodies; the patients are truly in charge of the asylum.

The Officer in the video was right. If they let him walk away, knowing full well that he was a nut case and a Judge had revoked his HCP because he believed him to be a potential danger, and he started shooting people; the public would be blaming the PD for not acting.
  • Like 4

Dave, I'll give you the RAS for the terry stop, clearly they had enough to detain him and chat....  I'm not sure about the PC to access a locked container to check the firearm...  how do you form specific probable cause that a firearm locked in a hard case (even one as crazy as the case he was carrying) was somehow in violation of the law?

I just don't see how they can make that leap...  My understanding is locked case means search warrant, I can't see any exigent circumstance that covers a locked case.

As for the officer in the video, he's wrong... A judge never ruled on the revocation of his permit, that was a bureaucrat at TDOS, and because Leonard failed to have a hearing on the matter it never went before an independent third party.

Again, my guess is they have a huge PC issue with opening a locked case without a warrant, I just don't see how they come up with it...  Also it doesn't work in the favor of the police that they knew exactly who they were dealing with when they opened the case, because his history is that he follows the law exactly, which would seem to downplay the risk the firearm was somehow loaded.

All he had to do was show that the weapon wasn’t loaded. There was PC for a stop and there was PC to check the weapon.

When a person can step out into the public carrying a rifle and dressed in body armor and the Police can’t stop him until he starts dropping bodies; the patients are truly in charge of the asylum.

The Officer in the video was right. If they let him walk away, knowing full well that he was a nut case and a Judge had revoked his HCP because he believed him to be a potential danger, and he started shooting people; the public would be blaming the PD for not acting.

Has anyone here met him?  I have.  I don't think he's a douchebag.  Just a bit more Radical than most here have the nerve to be, myself included. So I will play Devil's Advocate... This forum has some real sharp thinkers on here (not me!)

Technically he has the Right and has paid for the Privilege to engage his 2AR.  He has demonstrated the flaw in several Laws.

Can anyone point out what Law(s) or Codes that were broken at Radon Lake or Belle Meade?  Belle Meade changed their carry law after Embody... he followed their old Law to the letter.  Have to admit he is very thorough on being technically correct in following the Law.

He is NOT my hero.  But he does follow the Letter of the Law.

There is no point in doing what you suggest.  I really don't care if he's a "nice guy" or a "good neighbor"...I am convinced that his motives have nothing to do with "firearm rights" and everything to do with getting himself in the news and a payday at the end of a lawsuit. If some here want to ascribe lofty goals to his idiocy they are free to do so, I will not.

Even if his motives were pure and even if he hasn't broken any laws, his acts are reckless and do not enhance our rights in TN; rather, they provide fodder for gun-grabbers as a poster child for those who are irresponsible with firearms.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1

Really?  You must be reading a different thread than I am.

In any case, since you seem to be insinuating that you are the one sole among us without fear, perhaps you could regale us with tales of some of your exploits in beating back "the man" and his infringements on our rights???

Isn't his 15 minutes of fame over with? I have this feeling TGO has had this exact same conversation before.

We have and there is a reason why this nutcase has been booted off every legitimate firearm forum; including this one.

Time for this thread to be closed I think....this guy doesn't deserve the wast of elections it takes to talk about him

The most ridiculous thing is for someone to think anything this moron does is to "fight" for rights. If that was the case he would openly carry a loaded AR-15, rather than attempt to follow the letter of the law in an attempt to elicit a response from law enforcement. The notion is preposterous.

There are many things that aren't against the law that folks shouldn't do. Would you people be cool with a guy showing up to the playground with a panel van, dressed in a speedo taking pictures of your kid? Don't think so. You'd call the police. Is it our founding father's intention that we can't even do some place free to dress as we please and have freedom of expression?

How about a guy walking around a crowd of people with a can of gas in one hand and a lighter in the other, looking crazy and quoting Bible scriptures to himself. Not one thing in there is illegal, however, if you didn't notify law enforcement in such a situation you'd be stupid, and if law enforcement didn't investigate 99% of the population would call them derelict.

You folks that support this nut job don't seem to see this guy for who he is and what his motives are. He has nothing to do with gun rights. He is using you and the gun owning community as scapegoats for his plans to get rich off the system, all the while contributing to the myth that gun owners are nutjobs and making those on the fence go to the liberal side.

• Like 1