voldemort at it again

Ok. . .after watching that video I have concluded that this guy is a complete idiot. . he is obviously using every inch of the few firearm and protection from search and seizure freedoms we have left to entrap law enforcement into violating rights that he is exercising way out of context for the "spirit" in which they were written.

I understand the need to reaffirm the 2nd amendment but this isnt it. God forbid that there any more kwiks come out of the woodwork and start fighting for my 2nd amendment and freedom from illegal seach and seizure rights; if just gives the libs more ammunition to pass more laws to further confine these rights to protect public interest from idiots like this from inciting the sheeple to be fearful and causing law enforcement to waste time and money screwing around with this moron.

I wonder how many calls to that areas 911 were received while he was doing this.  .I wonder how many alarm calls were put on hold because the lines were full of people calling in for this idiot. . Id hate to think grandma whoever who just pressed her life alert button because she was having a stroke had to wait because the ensuing call from the alarm company to an agency having jurasdiction in this area for a paramedic had to hold for 5 minutes and possibly see the grand ole gal end up with irreversible nerve damage that could have been prevented if the call went through immediately. . .as an emergency dispatch operator I can tell you this happens. . these resources are not unlimited and wasting them can cause someone else real harm. .

Kudos to the officer in the video I think he did a pretty good job being civil to this jerk. .to me the wanton waste of emergency response resources is a form of reckless endangerment and should be charged as such.

By the letter of the law a person might be within their rights to stand in front of a kindergaten with a bag of candy, a tube of ky jelly and a copy of the kamasutra. .  .but who would not want a cop to poke his nose into that situation too. . .

Edited by turkeydad
  • Moderators

First off, he was carrying it in a kydex case that was molded to the shape of a loaded AR15. From a distance it may have even fooled me, but certainly to 95% of the population, that looked like a loaded rifle he's carrying around with body armor. What is a person (the average person) supposed to assume when they see someone with body armor and a loaded AR15? I mean really? I think you're the one being obtuse here.

If an average joe had made that assumption and engaged him, we'd be having a different conversation. Instead, LE handled the matter. That will play out however it is going to play out. It still doesn't make an individually directed act of aggression the same thing as an unwise, probably generally alarming but perfectly legal activity.

Some folks watch NASCAR to see the cars go fast, or for the tail-gating barbecue, or for the beer, but some of them go to see the cars CRASH and maybe watch a driver DIE.

Who is who with Voldemort?

Once again, this irrelevant non-entity goes and does something between righteous, stupid, sinister and evil -- and good men and women who normally get along quite well start writing volumes and volumes of soap-box rants about how this is good and this is bad and he has rights and law enforcement has responsibilities and for what?

I'm beginning to think some of us, maybe even me, might just be taking another bite of pulled pork and swigging a Budweiser and waiting for the fatal crash on the third turn.

When is Voldemort going to finally do something legal but stupid, perhaps innocent but looking guilty, treading the line, treading the line, goading the police, and finally, JUST GET SHOT TO DEATH.

It's not even like we're watching our favorite highly-skilled driver doing more than 200 miles an hour on the track, skillfully weaving and dodging amongst the other cars -- it's like watching your drunk stupid fat uncle in his old Buick clown-car doing 85 with a beer on the center console waving a pistol out the window endangering all the bystanders and the three cop cars that are forced to follow him.

Just get to the shoot-out where he dies in the middle of the street from three bullet holes in the forehead,with a stupid but surprised look on his face and his pants full of crap.

I'll change the channel to the Simpsons when his picture shows up on TV and I'll put his newspaper obituary on the bottom of the parakeet's cage,

Edited by QuietDan
  • Like 1

If an average joe had made that assumption and engaged him, we'd be having a different conversation. Instead, LE handled the matter. That will play out however it is going to play out. It still doesn't make an individually directed act of aggression the same thing as an unwise, probably generally alarming but perfectly legal activity.

Okay, how bout this one if it makes you feel better.

It is not illegal to possess road flares. It is not illegal to run around downtown. It is not illegal to yell "Allah akbar". Any one of these by themselves will likely not draw too much attention or get LEO called on you.

However, if I do all three of these things simultaneously, such as wear road flares on my chest, run around downtown while yelling "Allah akbar" the context will be interpreted by 99.9% of people as a terrorist suicide bomber. I would undoubtedly be arrested and charged with something, although I didn't do anything illegal per se. Maybe I'm just a road flare collector and I do think Allah is great. Now, since I know this would get me arrested and I'm doing that specifically for that purpose so I can file a lawsuit later, I'm in Voldemort's category.

I don't care what anyone says, what Voldemort was doing was inciting panic so the police would show up. Who knows how many people called 911. Had he been carrying the case by itself maybe no one would have called. The body armor, however, added the context of an active shooter. Some people here may disagree, but it doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of Americans would interpret it that way. I see people with body armor and assault rifles everyday and I don't bat an eye, but if I saw one downtown Nashville I'd be calling the cops. If it turns out that the charges are dropped the only thing he deserves in return is an "oops" from th PD, nothing more.

I mean, how silly is it to try to get arrested, then act outraged when it happens?

Fortunately for us, the general public doesn't dwell on this idiot. Even the simple minded seem to write him off as a nutball and move on. Law enforcement has had his number for awhile. He makes for good TGO threads, and gives the media an opportunity to try to sell him as a typical gun rights activist.

Fortunately for us, the general public doesn't dwell on this idiot. Even the simple minded seem to write him off as a nutball and move on. Law enforcement has had his number for awhile. He makes for good TGO threads, and gives the media an opportunity to try to sell him as a typical gun rights activist.

For future reference LEAs in the greater Nashville area should familiarize themselves with this waste of oxygen and respond to his stunts by simply assigning an officer to stand within a few feet of him whilst he is stunting in order to minimize panic and annoy Voldemort. At least it would reduce calls to 911 and take the wind out of his sails.
  • Like 1

For future reference LEAs in the greater Nashville area should familiarize themselves with this waste of oxygen and respond to his stunts by simply assigning an officer to stand within a few feet of him whilst he is stunting in order to minimize panic and annoy Voldemort. At least it would reduce calls to 911 and take the wind out of his sails.

They need to slip some citizen 50 bucks to whip his ass right there in front of God and everybody.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

It is not illegal to possess road flares. It is not illegal to run around downtown. It is not illegal to yell "Allah akbar". Any one of these by themselves will likely not draw too much attention or get LEO called on you.

However, if I do all three of these things simultaneously, such as wear road flares on my chest, run around downtown while yelling "Allah akbar" the context will be interpreted by 99.9% of people as a terrorist suicide bomber. I would undoubtedly be arrested and charged with something, although I didn't do anything illegal per se. Maybe I'm just a road flare collector and I do think Allah is great. Now, since I know this would get me arrested and I'm doing that specifically for that purpose so I can file a lawsuit later, I'm in Voldemort's category.

I don't care what anyone says, what Voldemort was doing was inciting panic so the police would show up. Who knows how many people called 911. Had he been carrying the case by itself maybe no one would have called. The body armor, however, added the context of an active shooter. Some people here may disagree, but it doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of Americans would interpret it that way. I see people with body armor and assault rifles everyday and I don't bat an eye, but if I saw one downtown Nashville I'd be calling the cops. If it turns out that the charges are dropped the only thing he deserves in return is an "oops" from th PD, nothing more.

I mean, how silly is it to try to get arrested, then act outraged when it happens?

All very good points. I also agree that he doesn't deserve a dime for his fishing expedition. If it is determined that the officers violated his rights/ the law they absolutely should be held accountable for the reason that they made the decision to take the bait. The only thing that causes me to hesitate to fully condemn Voldemort is that the laws he is walking the edge of breaking are illegitimate. Those 27 words in the 2nd Amendment are the only thing separating the actions (not the intent, that is the same in both scenarios) of what Voldemort did and what you just described.
  • Moderators

This is an entirely reasonable and prudent measure. I would wholeheartedly support this action.

They need to slip some citizen 50 bucks to whip his ass right there in front of God and everybody.

Remember the original Dirty Harry movie where the dirtbag paid a guy to beat him up so he could blame it on Detective Harry Callihan (Clint Eastwood's character)?  Voldemort strikes me as the kind of guy who, if he could no longer elicit the kind of response from police that his narcissistic soul desires, would do something like that just so he could blame it on police.

I'm beginning to think some of us, maybe even me, might just be taking another bite of pulled pork and swigging a Budweiser and waiting for the fatal crash on the third turn.

When is Voldemort going to finally do something legal but stupid, perhaps innocent but looking guilty, treading the line, treading the line, goading the police, and finally, JUST GET SHOT TO DEATH.

I'll admit, that's me. I don't watch NASCAR and never thought wrecks were cool, but I sure would get a good laugh out of Voldemort getting a hot lead injection for his stupidity.
  • Like 2

Remember the original Dirty Harry movie where the dirtbag paid a guy to beat him up so he could blame it on Detective Harry Callihan (Clint Eastwood's character)?  Voldemort strikes me as the kind of guy who, if he could no longer elicit the kind of response from police that his narcissistic soul desires, would do something like that just so he could blame it on police.

Oh... we have a suspect. Sumbitch is fast, too. He outran all of us :)

• Moderators

I'll admit, that's me. I don't watch NASCAR and never thought wrecks were cool, but I sure would get a good laugh out of Voldemort getting a hot lead injection for his stupidity.

Add me to that list as well.
  • Like 1
I wonder how many calls to that areas 911 were received while he was doing this.  .I wonder how many alarm calls were put on hold because the lines were full of people calling in for this idiot. . Id hate to think grandma whoever who just pressed her life alert button because she was having a stroke had to wait because the ensuing call from the alarm company to an agency having jurasdiction in this area for a paramedic had to hold for 5 minutes and possibly see the grand ole gal end up with irreversible nerve damage that could have been prevented if the call went through immediately. . .as an emergency dispatch operator I can tell you this happens. . these resources are not unlimited and wasting them can cause someone else real harm.

Oh, wouldn't it be the most awesome example of awesomely awesome karma if someone who did suffer harm due to the 911 system being backed up could prove that they suffered more harm than necessary due to Embody's actions having the system tied up, could further prove that he was intentionally seeking a police response - and then go on to successfully sue HIS ass?  Probably not possible but if some savvy lawyer figured out a way to make it work then that, my friends, would be justice.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

I tend to judge people not just on motives but on their actions (and the results of their actions).

I don't believe he's reached any sort of a breaking point...I don't believe he's angry...I don't believe his motives are anything more than getting attention (and maybe a fat, juicy lawsuit against someone to fund his retirement). He's a narcissist; perhaps he's deluded himself into thinking he's doing this for some higher, self-sacrificing purpose but I don't buy it. I have had the misfortune of meeting him and I don't buy his "I'm trying to help" act.

However, regardless of his motives; his actions are idiotic and have done nothing good for the firearm community/those who value our right to arms. Whether they have any lasting negative repercussions on the pro-2A community or not is difficult to tell but I can't imagine anything positive that has come from scaring people and tying up police who have to respond to his stupidity.

That's not narcissism, Robert. A narcissist would reach power, if they can, and just do something knowing they are the

only ones who know right and wrong, if it's right and wrong they are tuned to, but a narcissist usually doesn't even care

whether something is right or wrong, just what is theirs to take. I'm no psychologist and have no idea what he is up to,

and I didn't say I agreed with him. I posed a different question, altogether.

If some of you are so worried about appearance, set the rules for appearance and behavior. See how far that goes. It

might become a tad Orwellian, on its own. We have proven to ourselves, time and time again, that we are all individuals

and agree to disagree on political topics, to the point that we might never elect another conservative to the presidency

because of things like bents on religion, abortion, welfare, other social issues which may be our pet peeves and many

other things.

When someone figures out the mysteries of the universe, maybe we will have also figured out how to un-polarize our

society just to accomplish something simple. We always over complicate simple problems with some of our ideas.

Guest 6.8 AR

Embody is seemingly always brought up when there are many other things to talk about. Hillary is coming unglued.

The War on Women is backfiring on the Democrats. Snowden gets asylum in Russia. I wonder why we attract ourselves

to this actor named Embody so much? I even saw a piece on Drudge, yesterday, that set Tom Clancy's book "Threat

Vector" towards reality.

In other words, I couldn't care any less for the actions of Embody. He is a very small slice of the pie the media plays with.

That's not narcissism, Robert. A narcissist would reach power, if they can, and just do something knowing they are the

only ones who know right and wrong, if it's right and wrong they are tuned to, but a narcissist usually doesn't even care

whether something is right or wrong, just what is theirs to take. I'm no psychologist and have no idea what he is up to,

and I didn't say I agreed with him. I posed a different question, altogether.

If some of you are so worried about appearance, set the rules for appearance and behavior. See how far that goes. It

might become a tad Orwellian, on its own. We have proven to ourselves, time and time again, that we are all individuals

and agree to disagree on political topics, to the point that we might never elect another conservative to the presidency

because of things like bents on religion, abortion, welfare, other social issues which may be our pet peeves and many

other things.

When someone figures out the mysteries of the universe, maybe we will have also figured out how to un-polarize our

society just to accomplish something simple. We always over complicate simple problems with some of our ideas.

You have, what seems to me, to be an odd definition of narcissism.

A narcissist has an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration and attention - they believe they're superior to others and have little regard for other people. To me, that definition perfectly describes his actions. Now, I'm not psychologist either and I don't pretend to know the man well enough to make a diagnosis even if I were a psychologist but based on his actions, I believe my calling him a narcissist is certainly reasonable.

Then again, I suppose I could have just said that he believes the world revolves around him with the Earth's axis running through his ass and out the top of his head.

• Moderators

Then again, I suppose I could have just said that he believes the world revolves around him with the Earth's axis running through his ass and out the top of his head.

You'd be wrong in that. That's me. :D

Building a vest using road flares to look like a suicide vest would be building a hoax device and is illegal under both TN and federal law.  So in this example stupid and illegal, and still different.

The more apt example would be walking around downtown with a clear plastic bag of road flares on your back but not setup in any configuration, no wires or anything else that would make it outwardly appear to be a bomb.

I don't think anybody here is in anyway shape or form suggesting we like what Leonard is doing, or support his actions...  only that he was successful in creating a pretty darn good lawsuit trap and the police stepped right into it.

And natural rights are natural rights, and should be protected from government overreach, even in cases of lawsuit fishing against the government.  Period, no exceptions.

Edited by JayC

Building a vest using road flares to look like a suicide vest would be building a hoax device and is illegal under both TN and federal law. So in this example stupid and illegal, and still different.

The more apt example would be walking around downtown with a clear plastic bag of road flares on your back but not setup in any configuration, no wires or anything else that would make it outwardly appear to be a bomb.

I don't think anybody here is in anyway shape or form suggesting we like what Leonard is doing, or support his actions... only that he was successful in creating a pretty darn good lawsuit trap and the police stepped right into it.

And natural rights are natural rights, and should be protected from government overreach, even in cases of lawsuit fishing against the government. Period, no exceptions.

We live in a world with Bronies, who is anyone to say that being a road flare enthusiast is wrong, or for that matter, who is to say you're trying to simulate a bomb?

Just like the argument I see where folks seem to act like Leonard isn't presenting himself as an active shooter.... he is wearing body armor whilst carrying what appears to be a loaded AR15. The only time you see that is at the range, a war zone or an active shooter. For someone to make the automatic assumption that he is about to go on a shooting rampage is akin to saying my road flares on my chest are a bomb.

I agree completely...  doing so would save everybody a lot of time and money.  Anyway you cut it, this incident is going to cost the taxpayers a lot more money than just assigning an officer to follow him around the other day.

• Moderators

We live in a world with Bronies, who is anyone to say that being a road flare enthusiast is wrong, or for that matter, who is to say you're trying to simulate a bomb?

Just like the argument I see where folks seem to act like Leonard isn't presenting himself as an active shooter.... he is wearing body armor whilst carrying what appears to be a loaded AR15. The only time you see that is at the range, a war zone or an active shooter. For someone to make the automatic assumption that he is about to go on a shooting rampage is akin to saying my road flares on my chest are a bomb.

And in states where the carrying of a loaded long arm is not a crime, places like Wyoming, or Virginia.

And in states where the carrying of a loaded long arm is not a crime, places like Wyoming, or Virginia.

And it shouldn't be. This situation is a matter of context. If I see a guy with a rifle slung walking somewhere I would probably assume he is moving his rifle and didnt have a case to put it in. If I see a guy with a rifle slung wearing body armor I'm going to assume he is on the first leg of a shooting spree. It's all about context.

And it shouldn't be. This situation is a matter of context. If I see a guy with a rifle slung walking somewhere I would probably assume he is moving his rifle and didnt have a case to put it in. If I see a guy with a rifle slung wearing body armor I'm going to assume he is on the first leg of a shooting spree. It's all about context.

Agreed. There is NO defense for Lenny's actions... NONE. This wasn't about rights, it was about intimidation. Fuck that guy, and all his friends.

• Like 2

Agreed. There is NO defense for Lenny's actions... NONE. This wasn't about rights, it was about intimidation. Fuck that guy, and all his friends.

I was about to say that it's a little early for the angry whiskey, but not if your shift ends in the morning.