HCP application - Williamson Office

I submitted my application online about a month ago, then hiked over to the Williamson office today and forked them over their $115 for 4 years worth of constitutional rights. Getting fingerprints done today as well. Anyone give me a figure of about how long it'll take for them to process it?

Edited by Twin
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Varies, i was in and out in about 20-30 min. I went a few weeks ago to see about getting my boat registered and there was a young lady who had been up there 3 times trying to get her hcp finished but they only take a certain amount of total customers a day. There is a cut off at some point

Varies, i was in and out in about 20-30 min. I went a few weeks ago to see about getting my boat registered and there was a young lady who had been up there 3 times trying to get her hcp finished but they only take a certain amount of total customers a day. There is a cut off at some point

Well, I'm already done and out of there. I was more talking about how long it would take for them to send me my permit. I've heard different locations take longer, or shorter.

Well, I'm already done and out of there. I was more talking about how long it would take for them to send me my permit. I've heard different locations take longer, or shorter.

3 weeks to 3 months. Most folks 6 weeks or less these days.

- OS

when I got mine a few months ago it only took 6 days from the time I got fingerprinted til the permit arrived

I think a lot of the wait depends on the background check, Most Ive heard of recently are pretty quick (sub 6 weeks). The one I did hear of that took 87 days was a friend in the armed services who had "lived" in 6 states in 5 years(I honestly thinks he's spent more time downrange in that time period then at home). When he called they apparently told him that they were waiting on a background query to come back from one of the places he had lived but wouldn't elaborate on which one it was that was holding up the process. 

I turned all of my paperwork in at my local DMV on 7/15/13. The website showed my application as approved on 7/19/13 and issued on 7/22/13. I have yet to receive it, but hopefully it would be here soon. The first few steps showed a rather quick turn-around, I would almost believe they are mailing my permit from china at this point beings that it is a 30 minute drive to Nashville for me

Guest 2corinthians5:7

DMV and paperwork was done on 7/5/13. Application was approved on 7/17/13. Got it in the mail on 7/29. Hope you get yours soon!

Ha.They sure take their precious time.

You think that, right up until you're patiently waiting for an NFA stamp to come back, at which point the TN HCP system seems really efficient. :stunned:

Edited by 2.ooohhh

You think that, right up until you're patiently waiting for an NFA stamp to come back, at which point the TN HCP system seems really efficient. :stunned:

I have been waiting since April 1st for my NFA paperwork to go through. I am, in all reality, less than 1/2 way through the wait.

In 2011 my NFA paperwork came back in something like 97 days. I haven't even gone pending in 97 days this time.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bill38506

Hey can you guys tell me how to check my permit status online? I can't seem to get to the right link. I'm waiting on my original permit, not a renewal. Many thanks!

Hey can you guys tell me how to check my permit status online? I can't seem to get to the right link. I'm waiting on my original permit, not a renewal. Many thanks!

NM, I see you got answers in other thread.

Edited by Oh Shoot