Has anyone been to Gun City USA in Nashville?

Jesse

I want to hit a range Friday and seen Gun City was cheaper than On Target, wondering if its worth the extra 20 minute drive.

Also is smyrna not allowed to have a gun range? Someone could bank with a nice gun range in the area.

Last time I was there it was a dump... but that was when they still sold firearms. My choice is Nashville Armory, Gun and Leather, or Academy of Self Protections. I live about 10 minutes from Gun City... but prefer the others. Hopefully someone else has been there recently and can say otherwise.

Guest nra37922

Been too long since I was there but I do remember that I was not impressed.  I believe it was downstairs in a basement with poor ventilation and lighting but as I said it has been awhile..

Edited by nra37922

Been too long since I was there but I do remember that I was not impressed.  I believe it was downstairs in a basement with poor ventilation and lighting but as I said it has been awhile..

Sounds like the place I went to about 10 years ago.  Complete dump.  Unless you really want lead poisoning or a massive headache I wouldn't go there.

I work around the corner,,,, and it has not changed.

Since you are in the boro, look at the new one they opened in Lebanon if you want an indoor range. I have been there a couple times and it was really nice.

http://www.thegunroomshootingrange.com/

I am in the Boro as well and I go to outdoor ranges most of the time, but if it is indoors I go to Lebanon, but I do live on that side of town.

Have fun and bee safe wherever you end up............

I want to hit a range Friday and seen Gun City was cheaper than On Target, wondering if its worth the extra 20 minute drive.

Also is smyrna not allowed to have a gun range? Someone could bank with a nice gun range in the area.

What about the Gun Room in Lebanon?

Gun City was also a dump after they quit selling guns.

(Ditto, coopracing, what's the chances to posting the same thought at the same time?  :rofl: )

Edited by kieefer
The place is a craphole. The only redeeming value I saw was one of the employees was really cool and let me have a free rental on a Sig since they were slow that day. Other than that its a no go. Well worth the money to instead go to Nashville Armory or Guns and Leather.

Gun City?? NO, Never, and Jeeze Louise...Uh Uh.
  • Like 1

its a dump, but its cheap and it works,because there's minimal traffic,you can get in for 10 bucks after 4 pm hit paper and leave, hassle free place.if theyre not busy they wont run u out if you go over an hour. not a good place to bring a date unless shes a hard ass.Steve resident gunsmith, knows AR's really well.Hes a Vietnam vet and is always helpful w ar issues.loves his black rifles and 1911's. If he wasn't there the place would be closed for sure. hope this helps

Thanks guys, I'll try and stay away from that place.  Guess I'll go to On Target again since I'm already in the system.  Will try the Gun Room when I have a day to do nothing, it's nearly 40 minutes from me.  I don't minf On Target other than the targets are on cables and bounce like crazy.

I went there once and like everyone else said it was a dump, if your looking to buy firearms forget it they lost their license a while back and IMO the people there are not very friendly but that's just me, I would say its one of those to stay away from

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Guns And Leather is the best place in my opinion . It is outside of Nashville but not that far and is well worth the drive ! Very freindly and nice and clean . Also if you buy a gun there , they will give you a free range session. They are also a member here too. 

Edited by tercel89

How are they still be in business if they cannot sell firearms and their range sucks?

I am guessing that people with their pants hanging down below their butts and  showing theirs butts and being thuggs

Edited by tercel89

The adult bookstore is now a gunshop that actually sells guns. I have NO idea how Gun City stays open. It was a craphole numerous years ago when I first started shooting...and it couldn't have gotten better after losing their FFL.

That place is like the Lenny of gunstores...someone who doesn't know any better goes there and thinks they're ALL like that and never goes to another one.

Back in the 70's it was pretty nice and you would always see a police officer in there. Started going down hill in the 90's I think.
Surprises me too on how it's survived.

. Edited by kieefer

I cut thru that area to get back to Lebanon from office in Maryland Farms, it's the way I bypass 440. Looks like what used to be an adult bookstore adjoined to Gun City is now a firearms store. Shippers maybe (?)

Did I read that wrong?

Yea I work there on Polk Avenue, probably how you cut through. The other place is called Shooters, and it has turned in to one of my favorite to visit. I have got to know the owners a little and they are great to deal with. I have had several transactions with them, and he has found a couple I was looking for. They are worth stoping in and checking out. No, they are not affiliated with Gun City whatsoever. 

Coop,,,, over and out.....

Edited by coopracing

Yea I work there on Polk Avenue, probably how you cut through. The other place is called Shooters, and it has turned in to one of my favorite to visit. I have got to know the owners a little and they are great to deal with. I have had several transactions with them, and he has found a couple I was looking for. They are worth stoping in and checking out. No, they are not affiliated with Gun City whatsoever. 

Coop,,,, over and out.....

Did you buy a Judge from a guy who used to work down the street from you by chance? If so, small world. LOL!
+1 on Shooter's...nice, clean place and decent folks to do business with

Gun City, on the other hand, is a complete mess. You could put a 6" desk fan in a window have better ventilation. Not to mention the place is filthy.

If you have nothing against shooting outdoors and only paying $5.50, hit Stones River Hunter Education Center on a Fri-Sun.