NJ Governor Chris Christie Signed 10 Gun Bills Today

The Democrats with GOP progressive help will make sure he gets the Republican nomination in Sixteen. After the Republicans lose that one, they will wonder aimlessly in the desert for 40 years. Make that 32 considering the 8 years from 2008 to 2014.
  • Moderators

The Democrats with GOP progressive help will make sure he gets the Republican nomination in Sixteen. After the Republicans lose that one, they will wonder aimlessly in the desert for 40 years. Make that 32 considering the 8 years from 2008 to 2014.

That's 6 years.
  • Like 2

Don't be surprised if he runs as a Democrap in 2016.

I've opined there's a good chance he'll be Hillary's veep one way or another.

He's said several times in the past that New Jersey's extremely restrictive gun laws are "about right". So he even lied about that, and signed new ones.

- OS

Right now I am hoping for Rand Paul in 2016.

Unless something major happens to piss off the low info voters and libs, I predict he can win 10 states, about the same as Cruz. Or Paul/Cruz, or Cruz/Paul, whatever.

One thing about Christie, though, he's the only one on the GOP horizon that seems to have a chance to turn some of the blue states red in a national election. Won't be red enough for folks here, but the almost certain alternative is Hildebeest.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2

No shocker there. I especially enjoy the one where if someone ends up on a secret list with no way appeal or even to find out how you got on it they lose their 2nd Amemndment rights.

This was the one that got my attention. :popcorn: No one knows how you got on the list. :ugh: No one knows who is on the list. :shrug:  and know one knows how to get off the list. :-\

So all the authorities would have to do is get a list of known gun owners, put them on this list and go after them. :taser:  This may be far fetched but some of the things that has happened the past few years would have also been "far fetched" 20 years ago. 

Unless something major happens to piss off the low info voters and libs, I predict he can win 10 states, about the same as Cruz. Or Paul/Cruz, or Cruz/Paul, whatever.

One thing about Christie, though, he's the only one on the GOP horizon that seems to have a chance to turn some of the blue states red in a national election. Won't be red enough for folks here, but the almost certain alternative is Hildebeest.

- OS

Out of the three young uns, Rubio would do the best with low info voters. 

Out of the three young uns, Rubio would do the best with low info voters. 

Yeah, perhaps would benefit from the young males and Hispanic over all -- but this might be offset from all de wimmen who will vote for Hillary regardless of anything else.

Will be lots of insider demographic polling along the line, maybe more than usual next time around.

- OS

Conservative women aren't going to vote for Hillary, unless the GOP drives them there. I know quite a few that wouldn't under any circumstances, 'cause they can't stand libtards. It won't be the same as the Obama effect with blacks. Girls will like Marco. He's pretty, and not near as hard nosed as Rand or Ted.

Unlike those that are in search of conservative utopia, I'll take any Republican over Hillary. I despise Christi, but don't believe the GOP will get behind him when it comes down to it. I figure his Obama love screwed him, if nothing else.

Guest Lester Weevils
If crispy gets the R nomination, the usual suspects will be warning that conservatives and libertarians got to hold their nose and vote crispy or it will be the end of the world. Edited by Lester Weevils

If crispy gets the D nomination, the usual suspects will be warning that conservatives and libertarians got to hold their nose and vote crispy or it will be the end of the world.

You mean R nomination? Ain't gonna happen. He IS a damn democrat

Edited by mikegideon

Hopefully, he won't be the lead on the 2016 Republican ticket. Won't vote for an executive who would sign such a blatantly unconstitutional bill into law. Not only does it violate the federal constitution (Due Process), it violates at least three provisions in the New Jersey constitution as well. Not a sign that he can make good decisions regarding individual liberties at all. He and Hillary have too much in common anyway. Their hips are both three times as wide as their shoulders and both have done nothing but be career politicians their entire adult lives. 

I don't know what all he has signed, and what all is still pending, but big whup today on MSNBC about two gun bills that are on his desk right now that he hasn't signed yet.

1. ban all .50BMG weapons/ammo

2. universal background checks

They're making much about his being between a rock and a hard place with 98% polling of NJ folks wanting these enacted (claiming 95% of guns owners) but of course thinking about the uber conservative heat all Republicans will face in the primary, compared to the more moderate stance needed for general election.

Interesting early conundrum for the big guy.

- OS

I don't think Christie will get the nomination  I think right now the only thing going on is chatter amongst  the northeast right leaning news organizations who would like to see Christie as the nominee.  We saw the same thing with Fox News and Giuliani.

If I am wrong and he does end up with the nomination, I would go feast on a bucket s*** before even considering to vote for him.

• Like 2