NJ Governor Chris Christie Signed 10 Gun Bills Today

I think the problem will be, who can bet him out for the rep. nomination?  Press will be all over him. Sound bit city. Can you picture the debates? Chris would get 75% of the questions and most of the time.

I will not vote for Christie.  Nor will I vote for Billary.  If he gets the R nomination, we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.  I will vote for whoever the Libertarians run, and pray that there are another 20% that are finally disgusted enough to vote with me.  Then I am going to pray that Texas sees the writing on the wall and withdraws from the Union, so I can move to a country with sensible laws.

I know, it's a pipe dream, but if either of those two get elected in 2016, we are screwed blue and tattooed. :(

• Like 5
Christy makes me sick and always has. If he were to somehow get the R nod for the big-boy chair, which I don't think will happen, it will be my cue to unplug and get outa dodge.

I'm certainly glad I have an unusual name and don't share it with anyone on a watch list.

I will not vote for Christie.  Nor will I vote for Billary.  If he gets the R nomination, we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.  I will vote for whoever the Libertarians run, and pray that there are another 20% that are finally disgusted enough to vote with me.  Then I am going to pray that Texas sees the writing on the wall and withdraws from the Union, so I can move to a country with sensible laws.

I know, it's a pipe dream, but if either of those two get elected in 2016, we are screwed blue and tattooed. :(

I had to really sell my principals and hold my nose when I pushed the button for Romney last election but I absolutly, no way in hell will I vote for Christie if he gets the nomination. I'll pick some 3rd party or write someone in and i'm not going to listen to that argument about, if you don't vote for a pub then you are voting for the dem BS. I'm not selling my principals any more. I'm sure the liberal media and liberal politicians hope that Christie gets the nomination because they know he could loose several states to a 3rd party candidate. In many ways he would be more dangerous and damaging to the country if he won as a pub rather than a known liberal dem, there's too many bootlicking pub congressmen and senators that would vote for his legislation. I would dare to say that there's a better chance of restrictive New Jersey style gun control legislation being passed by the house and senate if he were pushing and threatening the GOP congress than some liberal POTUS that they are expected to oppose. And we all know that would happen the first time some lunitic shoot up a crowded place, just the excuse he would need. He's no different than Billary and more dangerous in many ways.

• Like 2
Guest Lester Weevils

This article says that even NY Congressman Peter S King is considering a run for the R nomination--

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/355839/cruz-threat-robert-costa

New York congressman Peter King, who’s contemplating his own run for the White House, agrees. “Cruz is like Paul, coming out of the isolationist wing, and I don’t think he’s going to get that far with that message,” he says. “If I run, I’d be pretty vocal about telling him that I wouldn’t have joined Paul for that drone filibuster, or talked about shutting the government down to make a point on Obamacare. Eventually, he’s going to have to answer to things that are out of his comfort zone. Even among his own wing of the party, he may have problems with the likability factor, since Paul has a more friendly, approachable political style.”

Maybe I'm the one out of touch with reality, but this jerk King thinks that Paul and Cruz are too right-wing and that King is the "centrist" candidate. King makes Crispy look good. Heck, King makes Chuckie Schumer look good. I hope King is the one "out of touch".

Good grief.

KingNothing still has 2 full years to finish destroying our economy and to start a civil war, way too early to even consider anyone else ruling besides King 0.

Actually, about 3 years and 5 months, brother. He's prez till Jan 20, 2017.

- OS

If crispy gets the R nomination, the usual suspects will be warning that conservatives and libertarians got to hold their nose and vote crispy or it will be the end of the world.

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing today. I'm positive there will be people here trying to convince me to vote for whatever D bag wins the primary. 

• Like 2

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing today. I'm positive there will be people here trying to convince me to vote for whatever D bag wins the primary. 

Aw, just vote for Hidlebeest -- will give you extra griping rights until 2021 (at the least).

Hell, y'all might decide the election again down there, your vote could swing it!

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Aw, just vote for Hidlebeest -- will give you extra griping rights until 2021 (at the least).

Hell, y'all might decide the election again down there, your vote could swing it!

- OS

I have no doubts that FL will go left again I'm not holding my nose and voting for another Romney.

• Like 1
Guest ThePunisher
Any gun owner would be stupid to vote for Christie just like they were stupid to vote for Obama. I doubt that Christie will be the R nominee, but I also didn't think all those gun owners would vote for Obama in 2008 & 2012.
Guest ThePunisher
I don't believe our country would be like a s### house we're living in now if Romney had been POTUS the last four and half years with our liberties and freedoms being threatened everyday. I don't believe Romney would be trampling our Constitutional rule of law like Obama has done. I don't believe Romney would be apologizing to Muslim and Communist nations for American exceptionalism. I don't believe Romney would be deliberately trying to push our nation over the cliff economically and socially.

But I'm glad you're really enjoying the foul odor emanating from the current occupant of the WH.

If crispy gets the R nomination, the usual suspects will be warning that conservatives and libertarians got to hold their nose and vote crispy or it will be the end of the world.

Well i'm not going to listen to the usual suspects, I don't see Christie as any different or less dangerous than whoever the dems nominate. Like I said before, I believe he could be more dangerous and damaging in many ways. Third party or write in vote for me if Christie gets the nomination.

I don't believe our country would be like a s### house we're living in now if Romney had been POTUS the last four and half years with our liberties and freedoms being threatened everyday. I don't believe Romney would be trampling our Constitutional rule of law like Obama has done. I don't believe Romney would be apologizing to Muslim and Communist nations for American exceptionalism. I don't believe Romney would be deliberately trying to push our nation over the cliff economically and socially.

But I'm glad you're really enjoying the foul odor emanating from the current occupant of the WH.

I don't believe our country would be like a s### house we're living in now if Romney had been POTUS the last four and half years with our liberties and freedoms being threatened everyday. I don't believe Romney would be trampling our Constitutional rule of law like Obama has done.

I DO.

Maybe to a lesser extent but it would still be happening. The NSA would still be spying on us(much like they did under Bush) and the other government organizations would still be abusing their power.

• Like 1
  • Moderators

I don't believe our country would be like a s### house we're living in now if Romney had been POTUS the last four and half years with our liberties and freedoms being threatened everyday. I don't believe Romney would be trampling our Constitutional rule of law like Obama has done.

I DO.

Maybe to a lesser extent but it would still be happening. The NSA would still be spying on us(much like they did under Bush) and the other government organizations would still be abusing their power.
Posted Image

I DO.

There's no way of knowing what Mitt and Ryan would do but I would bet Romney would have the respect for the office to admit the problems and do what he can to correct them. 

Also, in Ryan's budget he planned to cut foreign aid by at least 10%, considering the recent events in Egypt I would also bet we wouldn't be supporting the MB and we would have cut off aid a long time ago.

But who knows what would be different, better or worse but we damn sure knew what we were going to get with this incompetent boob running our country now. Romney was the only logical alternative to end the current disaster. Either way we have to deal with it now and hope our options improve for 2016, and Christie shouldn't be one of them.

Edited by kieefer
Guest ThePunisher
I'm of the opinion that the Libtard/Commies are now so entrenched into our politics, government and society that the republicans or conservatives will never regain the WH. Only a catastrophe of major proportion that ruins our nation (whatever that may be) will possibly result in conservatives regaining the WH.

And while everyone is getting excited about republican primary challengers, libertarians, green partiers or independents, we've lost focus that Obama is still destroying our nation little by little each day, and by the time 2016 rolls around people are not going to recognize the Consttutional Republic we've all known, and grown to love. We may not have anymore true democratic elections that are really meaningful to Americans in 2016 or thereafter.

I'm of the opinion that the Libtard/Commies are now so entrenched into our politics, government and society that the republicans or conservatives will never regain the WH. Only a catastrophe of major proportion that ruins our nation (whatever that may be) will possibly result in conservatives regaining the WH.

And while everyone is getting excited about republican primary challengers, libertarians, green partiers or independents, we've lost focus that Obama is still destroying our nation little by little each day, and by the time 2016 rolls around people are not going to recognize the Consttutional Republic we've all known, and grown to love. We may not have anymore true democratic elections that are really meaningful to Americans in 2016 or thereafter.

That very well may be. Too bad too, we had a chance to stop the bleeding but some didn't have the stomach for it.

• Like 1

In following up, Christie vetoed the .50 BMG ban bill.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/17/chris-christie-vetoes-gun-ban_n_3772966.html

He also used conditional veto to change some of the most onerous parts of the background check bill:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/19/miller-chris-christie-does-one-eighty-gun-control-/

Sort of sneaked these out the door on Friday, but then had to endorse his own former bitter rival, Steve Lonegan for Senate during full news cycle.  Who has about zero chance of beating  Dem Corey Booker, I'd say:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/onpolitics/2013/08/20/christie-endorse-lonegan-new-jersey-senate/2678565/

So I guess he is planning on running as Republican, but he's keeping his "moderate" side in full play, as unlike the gun vetoes, he made sure the "anti-gay conversion" bill got full coverage:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/20/christie-tilt-to-center-gop-presidential/

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot