Wal Mart single store policy?

Guest TankerHC

Most already do it online, but still with paper 4473. This seems to be change to the e-form for the ones that don't do that already too, near as I can tell.

The mystery is why the delay at all. Guessing maybe syncing into central server or something, but can't tell from info so far.

- OS

Academy and Gander still both call them in. Academy uses a computer and call in, Gander does the paperwork then calls in. At least thats what they did at Academy (4 times in the last two months) with me, as usual, and Gander twice in March, unless they changed it.

Although Acedmy usually takes all of 15 minutes after the paperwork is done. Gander usually takes about an hour and has an extra three pieces of paper to sign (Their own, as does Dicks), seems like it takes 2 hours to get out of Walmart.

Edited by TankerHC
Last time I bought at academy they told me it was against the law to buy 2 guns at the same time, or within 1 week for that matter. I sent ahead and bought my "1 limit" since it was $50 cheaper than anywhere else, but I was not happy I they wouldn't let me buy another gun I was looking at.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last time I bought at academy they told me it was against the law to buy 2 guns at the same time, or within 1 week for that matter. I sent ahead and bought my "1 limit" since it was $50 cheaper than anywhere else, but I was not happy I they wouldn't let me buy another gun I was looking at.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

What law would that be?

I have not yet seen this at my store(s). Tullahoma and Manchester. Every store is different,Depending on the managers and the area of operation.

Fayetteville walmart wouldn't let me buy ammo after 10 pm, But Tullahoma and Manchester will allow anyone to buy 24/7. That is assuming they have the ammo to sell.

So far, since i do work in the back of a Wal mart for time being, I have seen more ammo come in than anyother local walmart( to me).  

What law would that be?

Federal law 27 CFR Chapter II, Part 478.126a requires that they report multiple handguns purchases within 5 working days on another form. It may be they don’t want to mess with that so they just don’t do it.

Federal law 27 CFR Chapter II, Part 478.126a requires that they report multiple handguns purchases within 5 working days on another form. It may be they don’t want to mess with that so they just don’t do it.

Yep, likely just laziness on their part.

While buying ammo at Wal-Mart tonight there was a sticker near the register that said "no guns allowed" over a gunbuster. 

I took it down. Not sure who put it there but it's clearly not Wal-Mart policy.

Why would you take it upon yourself to remove a gunbuster/no guns allowed sign from a store? just curious why you did that. Do you work there?

Dave

Guest TankerHC

I was in Walmart last night and noticed at least that particular walmart had changed its ammo policy. It was no more than two boxes of any kind of ammo. Now its no more than 3 boxes of any ammo. So 1 box 22, 1 box 308, 1 box 30-30, thats it. I feel their reasoning for that is understandable. Thier signs say its to be fair to all customers and give everyone a chance at some ammo.

I was in Walmart last night and noticed at least that particular walmart had changed its ammo policy. It was no more than two boxes of any kind of ammo. Now its no more than 3 boxes of any ammo. So 1 box 22, 1 box 308, 1 box 30-30, thats it. I feel their reasoning for that is understandable. Thier signs say its to be fair to all customers and give everyone a chance at some ammo.

After the clerks' cohorts have been called to get all the .22LR, that is.

- OS

Guest TankerHC

After the clerks' cohorts have been called to get all the .22LR, that is.

- OS

Yea, I was walking around trying to see if there was a sign like the one in the OP. No sign like that, but there was a sign over the cashiers are, hand written that said "MAKE SURE you take down drivers license on ammo purchases". I am sure the reason is so people are coming back in time after time and making multiple purchases. At least they are trying to do something. This way even if you have four people with you to help buy, your not going to buy them out. Which I think might be the reason, the same .40, .45, .308 and 30-30 is still on the shelves. Or they have enough to replace it.