Easy to make mouse trap

Volzfan

I'm guessing the large, metal container has a few inches of water in the bottom to drown the little buggers.  If not, I guess one could take a semi-auto .22 and the bucket o' rodents out into a big, open field, dump the bucket over and see how many of the fleeing varmints they could shoot before they got away.

Or maybe go the 'medieval' route, cut a piece of plywood into a circle to fit down into the metal container, drive several finishing nails through the plywood and place the plywood inside the metal container with the sharp end of the nails pointing 'up'.  (Okay, no, I'm not really serious about the last idea.)

Edited by JAB

When I saw the title I thought we were having another Obama-zombie thread

Speaking of zombies, do you think a large version of this would work on zombies? What would you need to put on the cylinder to bait them? I'm guessing it would work until the bucket filled up and then they'd be crawling back out again.

So how are we going to empty the bucket to keep it going?

Guest Bonedaddy

Bleach will dissolve flesh and keep the smell down a bit. I need to make one of these to put in the garage. So a vid for an airsoft BB machine gun that was simple to make out of a plastic coke bottle and a short piece of brake line with compressed air from a compressor for power. Guess I got a couple of boredom projects, now.

I keep one like that loaded all the time in my garage. Mine is constructed with a deep garbage can and adjacent to the cover on my generator.. No water needed as the walls and angle are too steep for the mice to jump or climb. Mice don't survive very long with out water or a place where they can maintain a comfortable body temperature. If I forget to check it for a day, I usually find the dead mouse. Two in the same day is the best I've done. 

I made me a gas chamber today  :devil: (search "skunks") along with covering my trap with sheet metal except for a sight hole to insure I have a skunk and not the neighbors cat.

The chamber is just a cardboard box that the trap will fit in, I cut a hole in it for my shop-vac hose which conveniently fits inside my exhaust pipe  :whistle:

May come up with a tupperware box to house the trap with a sealing door so I don't have to move the trap at all until the deed is done. 

Seems I have more skunks that I thought, gassed my 3rd one yesterday.  :death:

Might have to make the rat trap for my Dad, seems he has quite a few small furry critters driving his dog crazy.  :koolaid:

I seen something similar on TV the other day? What ever I was watching they put a few inches of bleach in the bucket. What would that be for, quicker death, kill parasites?

I saw that too.  It was on the "Doomsday Castle".  I wondered about the bleach as well.  I figure six inches of water would get the job done.