The Best Glock Model Ever

glockster157

Guest Joker86

Wholeheartedly agree. I have a 19 and a 20 and the size the 19 is perfect. I hated Glocks until I bought a 20 for the cartridge. Before that I'd shot a 21 but hated it only because I wanted to hate it. I hated before I ever even held it. A 23 and a 32 are my list, or maybe a 23 and a conversion barrel.

Edited by Joker86

The 19 is hard to beat. Concealable yet accurate and reliable. 15 round capacity but still lightweight. The 17 is probably the model everyone should own though. I have a G23 but I'm not overly in love with the .40 caliber. 

My next Glock will probably be a Gen 4 G21.

I would probably just assume to have a G26 or 27 over all of them. For most people they shoot every bit as great as the full size models. I have been carrying a G26 Gen 4 over the last 5 months and have barely touched anything else. I actually prefer a G23 over a 19 for a couple of reasons.
  • Like 3

Logically, the G27/33 are the most versatile models as you can use all mags and barrel lengths in 40 or 357 Sig caliber. You can get conversion barrels also to make them equal G23/32 performance. But my opinion with the advance in ammunition, a G19 is currently the perfect Glock as you can get near 357 performance in a 4" 15 shot pistol that is very carryable. 

• Like 1

My go to gun is a Glock 23 Gen3 Rtf2 with 357 Sig barrel and 9mm conversion barrel. Three calibers in the same handgun with only one set of night sights to get use to. Minimum of 1000 rds per caliber in inventory.

I carried G17's and G19's overseas. Despite the talcum powder like dust as well as the dirt they always went bang. They don't need to be cleaned constantly to be reliable either. I had a friend who would put 5K rounds through his every trip and never had a single malfunction caused by the gun. The G19 is perfect second to the G17.

• Like 2

My favorite would be a gen 2 g19. I am not a huge fan of the gen 3s or 4s with their finger grooves and slick slide. Keep it simple.

I seem to be in the minority with finger grooves...they happen to fit me and I like them.
You're right about the slide finish. I much prefer the older, "rougher" finish that Glock used to use on their slides.

I've owned just about every .45, 9mm and .40S&W model that Glock makes over the years.  After a decade of trying to find the perfect .45ACP platform for me (HK versus Colt), I gave up and went back to Glock 9mm's.  Couldn't be happier.

I think everyone should own a G19. 

• Like 2

I am surprised no one said a G30. If my fingers were a little longer I would have kept one. I want to try a G29 gen 4 and I wish they made a single stack 10mm like the G36.....I would have to have one of those.

I carry a G29 as my EDC. It's pretty great. I have a G19 but it stays at home.

If you have short fingers you should try the SF models. That's what they are designed for.

If you have short fingers you should try the SF models. That's what they are designed for.

You've opted for a Glock over your 1911's? Blasphemy!!

:up:

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 1

You've opted for a Glock over your 1911's? Blasphemy!!

:up:

Haha, yep.

It's lighter and shorter grip. It is thicker, but it definitely is easier to keep my pants up without tightening my belt so tight my legs go numb.

Don't get me wrong. I love 1911, but this just makes more sense. Especially at work. I carry it in a drop leg holster and it gets sweat and sticks and dirt. Just too much for a nice 1911. The ol glock doesn't mind though :D