BOV, what's yours?

I'm just curious as to what my fellow TGO'rs would be using in the of the Schumer hitting the fan and you HAD to bug out; what would your bug out vehicle be? Me personally would be my Tundra, though I have some modifications in mind that will make it a more worthwhile BOV such as an ARB front and rear bumper system and an Old Man Emu suspension system.

Couple thoughts on this one.  First is theres very little chance of me bugging out even though i live in a urban area the dangers of bugging out are greater than staying put.  Second is that your gonna use whatever you have available.  If your only car is a 78 pointo then thats your bug out vehicle.  For me it will be a 2003 GMC sierra HD

• Like 1

My 4runner with 1919a4 pentle mount would probally do the trick. :rofl:

[URL=http://s173.photobucket.com/user/keatonspencer/media/64631_1282722207497_3637864_n_zps8ec7fd69.jpg.html]64631_1282722207497_3637864_n_zps8ec7fd6[/URL]

[URL=http://s173.photobucket.com/user/keatonspencer/media/120824_002_zpsc28527b7.jpg.html]120824_002_zpsc28527b7.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s173.photobucket.com/user/keatonspencer/media/IMG_3477_zps54e980ba.jpg.html]IMG_3477_zps54e980ba.jpg[/URL]

• Like 6

Since all I have is a mountain bike, my wife's Kia, and my F-150....I guess I'd throw a bike in the back of a pickup. More likely, I'll bug in.

Hey, do what you gotta do partner, lol.

Couple thoughts on this one.  First is theres very little chance of me bugging out even though i live in a urban area the dangers of bugging out are greater than staying put.  Second is that your gonna use whatever you have available.  If your only car is a 78 pointo then thats your bug out vehicle.  For me it will be a 2003 GMC sierra HD

Lol, good point BUT in my instance I'll be bugging out to about 30 minutes away where my BOL is. I know all the back roads to get there so even if the main highway isn't an option I know I can get there. Larger cities would become death traps IMHO but to each his own I guess.

Edited by whitewolf001

I have zero intentions of going anywhere. Anyone come to MY place and try to take something, even if I have plenty, will be met with an overwhelming amount of force.

Bugging in has some real advantages and if I lived in a city I would, without a doubt, stay put. First is you already have everything you are going to have without the need to transport it to a new location. You can call for help from those around you while in a remote location you cannot call for help. Another big advantage is you know the area. You also know who friend and who foe is or at least have a good idea. Travelling exposes you to more dangers. It is also easier to defend a building or high rise than a tent in the woods.Those buildings are going to protect you from the elements and be easier to keep warm in and survive in for the average person especially those used to living in the city. Food, at least initially, will be easier to come by in the cities as well as potable water. There are literally a few weeks worth of potable water in your water heater and toilet bowls and that is if you don't ration. With rain gutters, collecting water is much easier too. And as disgusting as it might sound cities have tons of rodents that can be harvested for food. If any type of relief or supplies is handed out it is going to be in the population centers first.

The average person is going to have a far easier time surviving in the city than in the "hills".

• Like 1
Well, I don't have a "Doomsday Castle" like the one in the new series nor do I have a $Million underground bunker or even a few hundred acres of empty land to go to so the only way I'm bugging out is if we are talking about a natural disaster that requires me to leave the area...other than that I'm making my stand in my home.

If I have to leave, me, the basset and the two cats will go in whatever 4WD SUV I happen to own at that moment!

Well Im bugging in, but for post collapse movements I'll mostly be using my 4x4 2000 Dodge Dakota. For any offroad excursions and quick movements and runs Ill be using this. VW rail, bus trans. Light, fast and tough

Posted Image

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

• Like 2

All I have is a 2001 Mitso. Montero LXS   4WD  it has 145thousand miles  just rebuilt engine new brakes, cooling system and rubber . It sits high and I've never gotten it stuck. It willl pull 7000pounds and I pull a 10 foot closed utility trailer with a ramp door. I'd take it anywhere. Looks like hell and that good with me.

In the trailor I have a  utility wagon that carries 700 pounds if it comes to that. It'll hold My back pack and my wifes too.  they carry a full army field trauma kit in a mollie bag. and a seprate surgical  kit.  vest with 6 ar mags and a seprate belt with 7 more, all green point penitrators.  also  another thousand rounds on stripper clips. Grinning  the wife deals with them. The vest also holds my FNX 9 and 4 mags  of 9mm hydroshock ammo. I'll run the trailer till I can't  then the Montero till it dies then there's always the wagon. I'll be in my safe place long before any of that happens.

• Like 1

Okay...... did no one read the initial part of my first post? "I'm just curious as to what my fellow TGO'rs would be using in the of the Schumer hitting the fan and you HAD to bug out", notice I said 'HAD' to. Though the second post kinda makes the point in all this moot as you will be using whatever is handy... thanks c.a.willard ya douche! You ruined this for me!!! lol ;)

Edited by whitewolf001
Guest ochretoe

My patrol truck is a F-150 4X4 with winch and other assorted gear.  Right behind me is my son in my 74 Bronco on 33" AT's also decked out. An old pick of it is my avatar.  I only have a few miles to bug to.  Once my bug in crew gets here we lock down the estate and defend.