BOV, what's yours?

Once I have to bug out (because my intention is to stay put for as long as possible) I suppose the wife and I will have to take both vehicles out to our meet up location with our support group.

There's a lot of gear to transport (ammo, food stuffs, clothes, supplies,) and we'll need both cars. Currently driving an Infiniti G37 and she's rolling a Cadillac SRX.

I'm currently keeping my eyes out for a truck that I'll be able to pass off to her as a "toy" or a "hardware store" truck and begin my preparations for the BOV from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Once I have to bug out (because my intention is to stay put for as long as possible) I suppose the wife and I will have to take both vehicles out to our meet up location with our support group.

There's a lot of gear to transport (ammo, food stuffs, clothes, supplies,) and we'll need both cars. Currently driving an Infiniti G37 and she's rolling a Cadillac SRX.

I'm currently keeping my eyes out for a truck that I'll be able to pass off to her as a "toy" or a "hardware store" truck and begin my preparations for the BOV from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Might I suggest...

M35A2_with_winch.jpg

Great thing is they can be had on the cheap, cheaper than a Jeep anyways. :D

• Like 4

I'm riding the mule in the farm next door ;)

Runs on grass and the occasional carrot

If we are going the naturally fueled route then I'll be doing a lot of movement on Big John. Our plan is to bug in, but being able to move heavy loads like water, fire wood, large amounts of gear or food via horsepower will be invaluable.

Posted Image

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

• Like 3

I'm just curious as to what my fellow TGO'rs would be using in the of the Schumer hitting the fan and you HAD to bug out; what would your bug out vehicle be? Me personally would be my Tundra, though I have some modifications in mind that will make it a more worthwhile BOV such as an ARB front and rear bumper system and an Old Man Emu suspension system.

Road Armor Titan, much cooler than the ARB :D

[URL=http://s680.photobucket.com/user/owensnj/media/road-armor-truck-bumpers-aggro-guard-tundra_zps67f338a5.jpg.html]road-armor-truck-bumpers-aggro-guard-tun[/URL]

I have a Tacoma 4wd and a couple mountain bikes. I need to rig up a bike trailer cause long term there probably won't be gas. I guess I could float kayaks and canoes down the Red to the Cumberland and into LBL. That's a hellava long paddle though.

Bug in or bug out, you'd best have a plan for both.

Depending on cost of the new CDT powered Titan whenever it comes out, that might be my ride, if not, it will be my Current Titan. Though the 4 door jeeps are really growing on me, especially a few that I see riding around town.. 

Depending on cost of the new CDT powered Titan whenever it comes out, that might be my ride, if not, it will be my Current Titan. Though the 4 door jeeps are really growing on me, especially a few that I see riding around town..

Without me googling, share some insight in this CDT Titan.

Without me googling, share some insight in this CDT Titan.

Looks and sounds good. Caught one using the diesel pump at the local mapco waiting to fill the f350, was about to get pissed b/c I thought he was just parked there to run inside then I noticed that he was fueling and got it. Guy driving wouldn't really answer any questions other than it was "coming soon" and that was back in May.

Looks and sounds good. Caught one using the diesel pump at the local mapco waiting to fill the f350, was about to get pissed b/c I thought he was just parked there to run inside then I noticed that he was fueling and got it. Guy driving wouldn't really answer any questions other than it was "coming soon" and that was back in May.

New 5.0l cummins