ammo after 10pm WalMart

i just waited 15 minutes for someone at sporting goods only to be told it is against state law for the to sell ammo after 10pm.

fooey. I'd much rather them just say they don't want to sell me ammo.. the 5.56 was $12.97/20 anyway. Price tags would've saved me 15min.
Tell em bull sh*t and ask to speak to a manager. If the manager gives you trouble get his/her name and report them to Corprate. It's the only way they'll learn.

I have it first hand from the manager of my local Walmart that there is no cutoff for ammo, only guns and that's simply because the TBI closes.

I hate this kind of crap.
I was under the impression it was just Walmarts policy for 10pm. Most stores I've been to have a sign with their policy stating the hours.

I had one in Auburn, AL tell me it was 9. They didn't have what I needed so I didn't press the issue.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

The one at Dickerson road by skyline will sell it anytime of the day, doesn't matter.

I use to go on there when I got off of work on a Sunday night at 1130 and buy ammo. I had to track someone down but they only told me no once because the last guy that worked the sporting goods section shift took the cabinet keys home with him.
I was just at the WalMart on Murfreesboro Rd in Antioch earlier tonight, they've got a sign up with a "No sales after 10:00PM or before X:XX AM"
I shop around and pick mine up on line or press it on the Dillon 650, but on occasion I'll swing by and see what they have. That sign's been up for a while too, want to say almost a year now.

This is utter BS. Manchester Walmart has sold ammo as late as 1 a.m. On a weekday to be exact. Maybe they are breaking the law? Who knows? 

But at the Fayetteville walmart i know they wouldn't sell ammo after 10 p.m.  Told me it was some sort of prevention on keeping someone from going out and killing people late at night.

Some company policies go in one ear and out the other. Every store is different. It usually is according to the management, because to them a sale is a sale. And the customer is going to always want it right then and there, not wanting to wait til morning.

Edited by Wyldk2

I walked in while in LE uniform to buy ammo after 10pm. They wouldn't sell it to me stating it was their policy. I had to go back in the morning to buy the ammo I needed.

Pretty sure it is a nationwide policy.

I actually think it is just the policy in 'some' stores.  I know that I have been told (for instance) that the Oak Ridge Walmart will not sell ammo after 10pm.  That said, in the past, I have bought ammo in many, other Walmart locations after 10pm and, once or twice (during the last ammo shortage) at around midnight.  When I have bought ammo at later times, usually there isn't anyone running a register in the Sporting Goods department and a Walmart associate will walk the ammo up to one of the open registers in the front.  In fact, when I have had other shopping to do, I have had them simply tell me (for example), "I will leave this at register #8.  Just go through that line when you get ready to check out and tell the cashier that some ammo was left there for you."

I also wonder if there might be some local/city/county ordinances against selling ammo past a certain time.

Edited by JAB

I actually think it is just the policy in 'some' stores. I know that I have been told (for instance) that the Oak Ridge Walmart will not sell ammo after 10pm. That said, in the past, I have bought ammo in many, other Walmart locations after 10pm and, once or twice (during the last ammo shortage) at around midnight. When I have bought ammo at later times, usually there isn't anyone running a register in the Sporting Goods department and a Walmart associate will walk the ammo up to one of the open registers in the front. In fact, when I have had other shopping to do, I have had them simply tell me (for example), "I will leave this at register #8. Just go through that line when you get ready to check out and tell the cashier that some ammo was left there for you."

I also wonder if there might be some local/city/county ordinances against selling ammo past a certain time.

Thats funny because I bought ammo at Oak ridge walmart less than a month ago at almost 100 am. Just had to find someone with the keys

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Here in Cookeville they could two hoots less though they still have that max three box rule. :waiting:

2 box limit at the Manchester Walmart. That is per person per day.

I'm sure it's more about them not wanting to have to pay for an employee to man the sporting desk after 10pm. That time of night, they want their employees stocking or up-front.

Not enough business to schedule someone to work a particular area past a certian "peak" time. Some nights there isn't anyone scheduled to work the sporting goods area( yet we get calls all the time for help needed at the sporting goods desk). One would think when we get ammo in at night the demand for someone to be there with the keys to the ammo would be needed. But that is Management for ya, sometimes they don't think straight or have anyone that is willing to work the counter.

Had a guy come in last night looking for .22 LR, ( go figure) Tried to tell him and the night stockers i witnessed a couple come in and buy the last 4 boxes( 2 boxes each). But no, did they listen to me? Stocker kept looking thru ammo boxes and all he cound was 12 ga, and 40 cal.  (Dummy didn't even read the case box).