Widener's Score K31

They are in Jonesboro, but it's not a gun shop you can just walk into per say. You order online or over the phone and they will either ship to you or they have 3-5pm pickup openings. Edited by Ramjo

Looks nice man. I would order from them more often if they shipped stuff in a more timely manner and if I didn't have to pay sales tax!

Thanks. I'm very excited about the K31. I've been after one for a few years now. I found a date on the bolt: WC1943....rifle looks brand new to be a 43.

• Like 1

Yeah on the surface I know. WTF right!

Well what had happened was it was his brother's gun and he had whacked off a few inches with a hacksaw. So the cut and recrown was definitely in order.

It's a Frankenstein host anyways. The flash hider actually made it look pretty decent. I was shocked. It was a Tapco that came out almost same OD as the barrel.

He's going to eventually suppress it too. Just a back hard plinker for him.

I'll post some more pics tomorrow if I get time. Here's one of it in the back ground with an AK

He had me put the same style hider on it.

Posted Image

That is a nice looking one.  I got one in the shop customer had me cut the barrel back, thread, recrown and put a muzzle break on it... were the papers in the stock still by chance? 

I havent checked it out yet. Will do that this afternoon.

That is one gorgeous K31...wish mine looked that good. Congrats!

Thank you sir. I can't believe I got one that looks this good either. It doesn't even have a beat up buttstock. I went with the beach wood cause all my other milsurps are walnut or a dark wood. It will be the white sheep of the family lol.

Romak, had a customer who has several of these 31s tell me a while back the end of the stocks are beat up and discolored from the soldiers kicking the snow off their boots in the field... Appears yours may have some stories to tell!

When the guy brought this by in the condition it was in, may be almost want to cry ... like when a transferable machine gun gets cut up ... I rememeber seeing these in 55 gallon buckets at the guns shows way back... super cheap... always thought they were one of the most accurate and intertesting stock weapons ever.  They've sure gained more popularity over the recent years.  Real treasure to find them in Ramjo's condition too!

• Like 2

Well I will update. I did not find a troop tag under the buttstock, but I figured as much, since the butt of the rifle looks unused. This baby has a 1943 date, but was probably in an arsenal, or has had a stock replaced and refinish on the metal surfaces by an arsenal. I shot at my 120 some yard 8 inch plate and hit on the second shot. First one I probably messed up trying to figure out where to aim. It knocked it off the shepherds hook.

Dang...I had almost talked myself out of giving them a call about on of these. It's gonna take several more weeks of therapy now...LOL! Nice grab!

You better buy now. They only had 10 when I bought this one.