Lifetime Membership

• Administrator

OK, they resolved it quickly.  The problem is this software sucks and isn't intuitive at all.  I'm going to post a how-to here in a moment, but basically you do it via a convoluted process of upgrading your existing purchase.

1.  Visit the Client Area

2.  Click on Purchases to view Your Purchases

3.  Click on your existing purchase in the window

4.  Click on the "Change Package" button on the right hand side

5.  Click the radio button next to the package you're upgrading from

6.  Click the button at the bottom to "Change to Selected Package"

7.  Proceed through the checkout

Why they have to make it this hard to do something simple is beyond me.  IP.Board really ticks me off sometimes.  :wall:

• Administrator
[b][i]QUESTION:[/i][/b]  I already have an active Benefactor membership.  Can I upgrade for the difference in cost?

[b][i]ANSWER:[/i][/b]  YES!  Absolutely.  The forum software will give you credit for your existing Benefactor membership and only charge you an "upgrade" fee.   :)

Here's how to do it...

tgo_upgrademembership_01.png

At the top right of the screen click your name and then select the option for [url=http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/index.php?app=nexus&module=clients]Client Area[/url] from the drop down menu.  This will take you to the Store's client menu.

tgo_upgrademembership_02.png

Once at the Client Menu, click on the [url=http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/index.php?app=nexus&module=clients&section=purchases]Purchases[/url] tab along the left-hand side of the screen.  On the right-hand side of the screen you will see your active purchases.

Click on the active purchase that you want to upgrade.  In this example it's a 1-Year premium membership.

tgo_upgrademembership_03.png

Once you are viewing the active purchase, on the right-hand side of the screen will be several buttons.  One of them is marked [b]Change Package[/b].  Click it.

tgo_upgrademembership_04.png

You will now be shown a screen that has a list of packages (there may only be one, as in this case) that you can upgrade to.  If you had a 6-month package, it would show you both the 1-Year and the Lifetime packages as options that you could choose.

Select the radio button next to the option you want to upgrade to, and then click the [b]Change To Selected Package[/b] button at the bottom of the screen.

tgo_upgrademembership_05.png

You can now proceed to the checkout.  Once there, you should see that the cost of purchasing the new package reflects an "Upgrade" which only charges the difference between what you already had and what you're wanting to upgrade to.

In this case the cost for the Lifetime membership has been reduced, taking into consideration the $35.00 1-Year option that the member already had.

That's all there is to it.  Sadly the process isn't as straight forward as I would have preferred but it's just the logic that the software follows when doing an upgrade.   :)
Ok , I like this , if I say something stupid like I always do and get banned can I get back in sometime in my lifetime ?

Just joking about getting back in , yes I need to watch my keyboard , it says dumb stuff all the time. It's my drinking fingers that get me in trouble , they always lift the alcohol to my face.

I will look into this , I like it.
  • Like 1

David,

Thanks to the glitches last time I renewed, I went well over $35 into my renewal and you extended my membership period thru 2015. Any chance of [easily] working my oddball situation in for a little more credit? Thanks!

• Administrator

David,

Thanks to the glitches last time I renewed, I went well over $35 into my renewal and you extended my membership period thru 2015. Any chance of [easily] working my oddball situation in for a little more credit? Thanks!

Yeah, I can do that.  I'll have the software send you a custom invoice for the difference.

• Administrator

David,

Yeah, I can do that.  I'll have the software send you a custom invoice for the difference.

It should be waiting in your email now.  If not, check the Client Area here for pending invoices.  :)

• Like 1