Lifetime Membership

I tried to upgrade membership 2 times.  Each time, after entering a payment method, would show pending, but would not finish transaction. 

Upgade was completed by using paypal as payment method.

Edited by tnhawk
  • Administrator

I tried to upgrade membership 2 times.  Each time, after entering a payment method, would show pending, but would not finish transaction. 

Looks like it worked.  Did you get double-charged or anything like that?

I had the same issue.

First time I tried PP it would only let me choose the "buy now pay later" option.

I luv the iterwebz when it works.

• Administrator

Followed the directions step by step, I'm on step two with the "Confirm My Order" box in shade of gray. Been that way for 3 minutes -not letting me to step 3.

Go back to the Client Area and view your pending invoices.  You can cancel it from there and try again.

Did mine. Glad to have the option.

I tried "credit card processing" instead of PayPal with no luck. Switched to PP and it took fine. Just FYI.

How about a Lifetime Benefactor forum? :cool:

Thanks for a GREAT forum!!!

This is a great option. Any credit for previous years - paid like 6 yrs credit? Just kidding. It has been worth it to watch this place grow and survive the growth over the years and be able to support it. Thanks David.

• Administrator

Did mine. Glad to have the option.

I tried "credit card processing" instead of PayPal with no luck. Switched to PP and it took fine. Just FYI.

How about a Lifetime Benefactor forum? :cool:

Thanks for a GREAT forum!!!

Thanks!  I see what the problem is regarding the CC processing.  That option isn't even truly functional yet and shouldn't have been displayed as an option.  We're still trying to get that working properly.

I'm trying to come up with some other perks for the Lifetime Benefactors.  :)

Thanks!  I see what the problem is regarding the CC processing.  That option isn't even truly functional yet and shouldn't have been displayed as an option.  We're still trying to get that working properly.

I'm trying to come up with some other perks for the Lifetime Benefactors.   :)

I might be the only one with no Paypal? Waiting on the CC to work, - I know I'm behind the time.

• Administrator

I might be the only one with no Paypal? Waiting on the CC to work, - I know I'm behind the time.

There's no guarantee it's ever going to work.  We've been trying to get a good CC processor for years.  You don't have to possess a PayPal account to use PP, though.

• Moderators

There's no guarantee it's ever going to work.  We've been trying to get a good CC processor for years.  You don't have to possess a PayPal account to use PP, though.

This may be pertinent to your interests. McMillan of the rifle stocks fame is getting into the CC processing business.

http://www.thebangswitch.com/new-gun-friendly-credit-card-processing/

http://www.mmsllc.com/
  • Administrator

David, I've got 6 months left on my 1 year vendor subscription but I've shut down my website. Can you apply the remaining 6 months of that subscription to the lifetime membership and let me pay the difference?

I sent you a PM with a lengthier explanation than this, but there's really no translation between the Vendor and Benefactor accounts here and I'd prefer to keep it that way. The primary reason I don't do monthly Vendor accounts is because commercial advertising is one of those immediate, tangible benefits that provides instant exposure to our members that a business is here to serve them.  We don't do monthly billed Vendor accounts for the primary reason that I expect a business to seriously make a go of advertising on TGO before deciding it does or doesn't work for them.  If we offered month-to-month billing on advertising, there would be nothing to stop a business from making a big splash as a Tier 3 Vendor for a fraction of the price, do it for two months, and then bail on us and their customers.

I'm not saying you didn't make a go of things with your own endeavor, but the instant exposure of being a Vendor on TGO has already happened.  Sorry, I just can't do what you're asking.

• Like 1