Great FN Scar Deal (or scam) for someone near Clarksville

• Moderators

http://www.gunlistings.org/tennessee-gun-classifieds/clarksville/all/171169/fnh_scar_17_fde_with_trijicon_3.5_x_35_acog

Claims it comes with a Trijicon and 500 rounds ammo, as well as a Pelican case!

I'm broke so I am not even going to bite, but if he'd be willing to at least meet FTF then that's a great deal. Since he talks about FFL's and shipping, methinks it is a scam.

Or maybe someone just needs the cash bad enough

If someone bites, let me know if it was legit. Oh wells.

Figured I'd bite and see what happened, here's the email exchange:

okay i can see you really interested so i will let you pay $1200 plus shipping,get back to me with a copy of your FFL dealer address

thanks
To: C P <c.p987@yahoo.com
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 2:42 PM
Subject: Re: "FNH Scar 17 FDE with Trijicon 3.5 x 35 ACOG"

Without seeing the gun, probably $1100. Am not interested in the ammo.

To: ME@yahoo.com
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 4:12 PM
Subject: "FNH Scar 17 FDE with Trijicon 3.5 x 35 ACOG"

Thanks for your interest,how much are you willing to pay for it

thanks

To: c.p987@yahoo.com 
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 12:51 PM
Subject: Gunlistings.org - Inquiry on Listing: "FNH Scar 17 FDE with Trijicon 3.5 x 35 ACOG"

Am interested, why is this priced at $1500?

Obviously a scam, think since he's on the hook, I'm gonna go ahead and email some FFL contact info, so he spends his last $10 on gas driving back and forth to the post office waiting on a money order.

Edited by Sam1
  • Like 1

Still dragging this one along.  IP is coming out of Miami, they want me to send the MO to Indiana.  Just "sent" the MO today, so I think we can drag it out for another week or so then I'll ask them to call me and give them the number to the atf office at work lol

Lucinda R Price

362  caven st downtown indianapolis 46225
let me know when money is been mailed out and keep me updated with tracking the tracking number,i will ship immediately when payment is been confirmed 
Thanks
Price
To: C P <c.p987@yahoo.com> 
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 5:32 PM
Subject: Re: "FNH Scar 17 FDE with Trijicon 3.5 x 35 ACOG"

Did you get my last message?  Who do I write the money order out to and what's the mailing address?

To: ME
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 1:20 AM

okay i got that,i will accept USPS postal money order as mode of payment.

thanks

Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:40 PM

Here's their information, sorry my copy and paste didn't work last time:

Pawn Shop Info

Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 11:00 AM

hello i only need is name and address for the shipping but you can also include is number 

thanks

Sent: Monday, August 26, 2013 5:20 PM

This is the store I normally deal with, I'm not sure what info you would need from them.  Is there an FFL number or other information you need from him?

Sent: Monday, August 26, 2013 11:36 AM

have you got the name and address of your ffl dealer

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2013 7:39 PM

ok, I'll contact a local ffl and send you their information tomorrow.  Thanks

Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:58 PM

I will need the name and address of your ffl dealer but if you dont have an ffl i will ship to you,i just need your address for the shipping so which one do you prefer.Get back to me asap 

thanks

Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2013 1:09 PM

I haven't bought anything online before, what kind of info do you need from the FFL?

Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2013 6:14 AM

okay i can see you really interested so i will let you pay $1200 plus shipping,get back to me with a copy of your FFL dealer address

thanks
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 2:42 PM

Without seeing the gun, probably $1100. Am not interested in the ammo.

Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 4:12 PM
Subject: "FNH Scar 17 FDE with Trijicon 3.5 x 35 ACOG"

Thanks for your interest,how much are you willing to pay for it

thanks

To: c.p987@yahoo.com 
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 12:51 PM
Subject: Gunlistings.org - Inquiry on Listing: "FNH Scar 17 FDE with Trijicon 3.5 x 35 ACOG"

Am interested, why is this priced at $1500?

Seems he's getting impatient.  Tracked the IP address out of Europe from the emails, so I'm guessing they have someone at the Indiana address skirting the money orders for them, and that would make sense since he is so hell bent on getting a receipt for it.

For your enjoyment, I'm starting to play real stupid - continued from last post:

Sent: Sunday, September 1, 2013 9:04 AM

I don't have the receipt anymore, you said I should mail it to you so I mailed it to that address.

Sent: Sunday, September 1, 2013 12:37 AM

snap the receipt of the money order and mail it to my email so i can be sure you already make payment
thanks

Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2013 7:48 AM

Ok, I just mailed a copy of the receipt to the address you provided and used the same name.  You should receive it within a few days.

Thanks again

Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2013 1:18 AM

S/N: HC24236,I GOT YOUR LAST EMAIL AND ALL I MEANT WAS THAT COULD YOU EMAIL ME THE COPY OF THE RECEIPT FOR THE MONEY ORDER YOU MAILED OUT TO MY ADDRESS OK?

Sent: Friday, August 30, 2013 3:08 PM

Did you get my last email?  I'm not sure what the payment receipt is.  Also can you send me the serial number of the gun?
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2013 8:25 AM

What's the payment receipt?

Sent: Friday, August 30, 2013 1:31 AM

okay scan the payment receipt and send it to me

Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2013 4:12 PM

I went ahead and shipped it but didn't have a tracking number, does that make a big deal?

Someone is scamming people using my Scar listing from back in July.... I did have it on a few forums so there's no way for me to know where the scammer found it

The first link is my for sale thread from back in July.... The second link is someone on Armslist using MY pictures and MY ad description to scam someone.. Looks like people are taking classifieds from forums now as well... I hate me some scammers

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/67922-fn-scar-17s-black-lnib-spf/

http://www.armslist.com/posts/2016194/california-rifles-for-sale---scar-17s-black-lnib- Edited by mcordell

Someone is scamming people using my Scar listing from back in July.... I did have it on a few forums so there's no way for me to know where the scammer found it

The first link is my for sale thread from back in July.... The second link is someone on Armslist using MY pictures and MY ad description to scam someone.. Looks like people are taking classifieds from forums now as well... I hate me some scammers

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/67922-fn-scar-17s-black-lnib-spf/

http://www.armslist.com/posts/2016194/california-rifles-for-sale---scar-17s-black-lnib-

Didn't take long for people to flag it, lol.

Guest tdoccrossvilletn
[quote name="RobertNashville" post="1028264" timestamp="1378512028"] Somebody should set this SOB up and teach him a lesson.[/quote] How other than what dude here has already been doing? Most if not all of these schemes come from over seas. Predominately, Nigeria. Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy. Edited by tdoccrossvilletn
Guest TankerHC

How other than what dude here has already been doing? Most if not all of these schemes come from over seas. Predominately, Nigeria. Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.

There was one of those NBC "To catch a predator" type shows with the same guy a couple of years ago, he tracked them and every one had a co conspirator in the US. He was walking right up and confronting them and got some of them arrested.

There was one of those NBC "To catch a predator" type shows with the same guy a couple of years ago, he tracked them and every one had a co conspirator in the US. He was walking right up and confronting them and got some of them arrested.

I'm not even going there with it, just going to create some doubt between the two parties running the scam.  Hopefully they will turn on each other.  Here's the latest of the updates:

Sent: Sunday, September 8, 2013 2:47 PM

Sir, I don't want to sound forceful, but I really need to know where my gun is?  You've already received the money order and have cashed it.

Thank You.

Sent: Friday, September 6, 2013 11:00 PM

Hello?

Sent a message yesterday saying the money order has been cashed, why are you not responding?

Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2013 9:46 PM

The postmaster said today that the money order has been cashed, when is the rifle shipping?

Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2013 3:14 AM

Hello i just got your  mail i have not gotten the money yet i have to go check the post office today and when i get the money i will have your gun shipped immediately

Thanks 
price

Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2013 1:34 AM

Hello? Did you get my last email?  I really need to know when the gun will ship.

Sent: Tuesday, September 3, 2013 6:17 PM

Did you get the money order yet?  I need to know when the gun is going to ship.

To: 
Sent: Monday, September 2, 2013 12:09 AM

okay i will ship your gun to you immediately payment is confirm 

regards
price

Sent: Sunday, September 1, 2013 4:42 PM

It should be there tomorrow, which is Monday

Sent: Sunday, September 1, 2013 1:04 PM

okay,so when will i receive the money order so i can carry out shippment

Edited by Sam1

Still dragging this one along.  Trying to figure out a finale on this one, if anyone has ideas please share cause I'm blank

To: C P <c.p987@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:36 AM
Subject: Re: "FNH Scar 17 FDE with Trijicon 3.5 x 35 ACOG"

I sent the damn money order and it has been cashed, don't try to pull this bull crap!

When is the gun shipping?

To: ME
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:05 AM

so you never send me any money order you just playing around with me

To: ME
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:05 AM

Hello you said you sent a postal money order to me no reciept no tracking number my wife have been in the post office and they told her to provide the tracking number ,how i am sure you sent the money order i still have your gun just that i have been busy at work and your money is not yet here with me, so if you can provide the tracking number i will get your gun sent to you when i get your money okay get back to me asap
thanks price
  • Moderators

Throw something in there about this being a once in a lifetime opportunity for a really great gun deal, that you would not pass up or even consider passing up the deal, and in no way would you even have considered not fulfilling all requested obligations.

Tell him you are starting to wonder if he is a scammer. Tell him you don't mean to insult him, but it is starting to feel that you have been scammed, as you clearly sent to MO and it has been cashed, yet he is claiming that he never received it.

WooHoo!

They should be reported to the FBI. I'm sure they keep databases on stuff like this so they can do a link analysis to track down these folks. Surely you haven't been the only one to respond and there are probably some dumb folks that have been ripped off. Every little bit of information matters so even though your report might not yield results, it may help in painting the picture.