Mosin Nagant

Twin

Have you considered the Type 53?  Same gun as the M44 but Chinese instead of Russian.  Plentiful and generally much cheaper than the Russian versions.  J&G Sales (www.jgsales.com) has them for $99.95, compared to $199.95 for the M44 on sale.

I'd like to buy a mosin, preferably a carbine version. M44 or M38, but I'm having a bit of trouble finding any. You guys seen any around?

Try to find a Polish M-44 if you can, they have the best, smoothest finishes of any Mosin i've ever seen. They also have the smoothest action, at least as far as Mosins go.

Guest Riciticky

I didn't know about this c @ R info. I have already paid more than the license fee for some older rifles. I'm gonna fill out an application today. I didn't know it was that easy. I also hate to go through ffl's. I don't know why. I think it is because they always seem like they think I should have bought from them, even though they are making money off of me and don't have what I wanted for the price..Thanks for the heads up guys.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Riciticky

Alright, thx guys. I just hate going through FFL's. Any of you have C&R's? Was it a long process?

I sent off for my c@r ffl about a week after you started this thread. I got mine today. Didn't know that it was so easy or I would have done it years ago. It is about like filling out a ffl form to buy a gun + $30 for 3 years.

C&Rs are great. Just keep in mind that the days of the cheap surplus rifle are about over anymore. Recently I've actually given consideration to turning mine in or cancelling it or whatever. Seems there are just not a lot of cool toys to justify it anymore. Sure there are many guns that aren't military surplus that are elisgable but honestly I think it my be better to just purchase those normaly and not have to keep a bound book.

Most likely I will wait it out and not try to cancel or turn in my license but I doubt I will renew in 2015.

YMMV
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...