Springfield XDs 9mm & 45 Saftey Recall

JohnC

Guest Mick6R

Do you send it back in the plastic case or just get a sturdy box? Never had to send one back til now.

I wrapped mine in bubble wrap, then lined a small cardboard box with foam roll, taped it up, and shipped it.

Has anyone called SA to see if they are offering any kind of buy back. I tried yesterday but never got to speak to a live person. I was about to put it up for sale. I will send it in to have it repaired but I'm afraid this will hurt the resale value.

Now that I read that again I guess it does sound odd. What I meant is that I'm afraid the recall is going to hurt the resale value on all the xds models.

Oh, I doubt it. They're fine pistols, just a glitch that happens. I assume there will be some kind of strike mark on them to indicate the fix, which will make them same as the continuing run.

'Course I don't much believe in dumping one serviceable gun just to get another, I just add to them.

- OS

I spoke to a rep at Springfield when the recall was issued and was told that it will be a 2-4 week turn around on guns sent in for the recall.
Not too bad considering how many they are going to be repairing.

so what are thay replacing in the gun or doing to it to correct it ?
Back goes my .45. The bigger pain for me is that no one is at home to sign for it when it comes back.
In the Comments section I asked for a complimentary magazine for my trouble. That's what Ruger does.

In the interim ..... Think I will carry a revolver. Edited by DAdams

i filled out their form today after checking mine,never got a conf email back or anything. have it boxed n ready to go...i was wondering about the home address dilemma as well.....maybe ya get a free croatian gun smith with every recall sent back and ya have to have a home... :stunned:

Edited by Dustbuster

Below is the response i got from their customer service when i asked about turn around time.

Dear Springfield Customer,

We apologize; however due to the very large number of inquiries we have received about the recall, our responses to voicemails and e-mails are running behind. If your question has already been answered thank you for your cooperation.

Our current turnaround time is approximately 30 days from the date your pistol is received. Although we are unable to quote an exact timeframe in which your pistol will be returned to you, please know that it is Springfield Armory’s highest priority to complete this process as quickly as possible.

If you still have further questions please click the link below to view the FAQ for the XD-Sâ„¢ recall. If one of these still does not answer your question please let us know. Please call 800-680-6866 or send your request again to recall@springfield-armory.com we appreciate your patience and support!

FAQ – http://springfieldrecall.com/Recall%20FAQ.asp

Sincerely,

Team Springfield

Enjoy the day!

Trisha

Customer Service Representative

Springfield Armory

1-800-680-6866

trishak@springfield-armory.com 

• 2 weeks later...

So after checking around on XDTalk, it seems the turnaround time is now 8-12 weeks, per some info folks are posting from emails over there :(  Guess my XDs might be back in time for me to un-box it for Christmas.