Springfield XDs 9mm & 45 Saftey Recall

JohnC

Guest tdoccrossvilletn
Damn so this means the Springfield custom shop can't do the 4 pound combat trigger job with internal overtravel adjustment? I've got it on my xd service model and its awesome. Short reset hardly any over travel and crisp.

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.

Received my XDS 45 Wednesday with a free extended mag. Mine was received at Springfield on 8/30. They had it about 7 1/2 weeks.

Congrats, man. That gives me hope!

I surrendered mine about 4 days after you did

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Received my shipping notice today for Wednsday delivery. I am ready for it to be back.

Just got my email too.  Look forward to getting it back and taking it to the range on my lunch hour Thursday :)

Just arrived and un-boxed it.  They sent a 9 rnd mag and sleeve as well.  Can see the roll pin in the grip safety, else, it looks and feels same as it did before I shipped it in. Look forward to puttin' some rounds through it tomorrow.  Hell, I might go out in back yard and put a few through it now :)

They got mine on Sep. 11th , just talked to them , they said I should have it by CHRISTMAS !!!!!   :rant: See below email about checking status…..

Thank you for contacting Springfield Armory!
Your firearm is here and safe, received 9/11/13
Please go to our website dedicated to the recall topic at springfieldrecall.com to check the status of your firearm.
A. Click on the "get started" tab.
B. Enter your serial# xsXXXXXXX
C. there are 4 stages that are reported for each firearm;
1. A label has been sent
2. firearm has been received. (the firearm will remain in this stage for the longest period of time.)
3. firearm has been fixed.
4. firearm has been returned to you. (you will receive an email with tracking number the afternoon that it ships)
An update on the turnaround times should be posted each Friday in the late afternoon on that same website. The frequently asked questions is also a very good place to check for information on the recall topic!

Springfield is dead to me …………..

Edited by Threeeighty

I haven't sent mine in, mostly because I'm trying to close on a new home and will be moving (foreclosure so it's taking forever.) However, I did just purchase a post-recall XDs .45 yesterday so that when I get moved I can send my other 9 and .45 in and still have one to carry.

Their email memo today said if they were in by the 10th of September they would likely be out by Thanksgiving if not before.
Received between 9.11 and 30th by Xmas or before.
10-1 through 31, back "shortly after the Holidays.

I will be hard pressed to buy from them again. But hey look at the Shield issues. Glocks starting to look better all the time!!

Their shipping new ones out for sale before I get to shoot mine ? EERRR ......

Like I said , dead to me ....just sold my Micro !

Were you relying to me? I purchased it used from a guy who sent his in right away. He just got it back yesterday and I bought it. So no they are not to my knowledge shipping new ones or giving dealers preference.

At first I wanted to do what TGO David did. Keep it until the rush subsided or I experienced an issue. I think the conditions under which they experience issues is not likely to happen. Honestly, I didn't really feel unsafe carrying mine, but figured better safe than sorry.

At the time nobody knew they didn't even know how to fix them. If I had any clue it'd take 2 1/2 months, that's what I'd have done. 

I ain't even mad at the fact that they took so long to figure out how to fix them and test the fix. It's an odd set of conditions that cause the issues anyway. What I'm mad about is how they handled the whole recall. I feel like they intentionally withheld the fact that they didn't even know how to fix them yet, so we'd all send them in ASAP. Then they failed to communicate with us for a long time.

I'm going to keep mine when it gets back, because I freakin LOVE that gun and miss it a lot. I will say that like Threeeighty, it'll be a cold day in hell before I buy another Springfield product, though.