College Kick Off !

Guest Bassman17SC

Week 1 recap.  I was definitely exhausted on Friday after attending the game on West End.  Jordan Matthews showed why he is All-SEC and I believe Carta-Samuels will be a good QB for the Commodores.  It was really too bad they dug themselves into an early hole and could not adjust to the Rebels' quick passing game in the third quarter, which opened up the read-option in the fourth.

The Vols only played the starters for one half and looked pretty good.  Seems like they've bought into Coach Jones' offensive scheme.  Zero penalties, zero turnovers, and two picks for the defense.  They rushed for 315 yards and won the time of possession.  We'll know more after the WKU game next week.

As to the rest, the Tide rolled and Saban will be bitching; the Cocks are good even in a thunderstorm; the LSU/TCU game was the slugfest I imagined it would be; UGA chokes again; can they recover to play against the Chickens?  The Kitty Kats still need work, but look to be improved from last year; what happened to the Miss. State team we saw in the first quarter?; and the remainder did what they were supposed to do against inferior opponents.

A good week 1 for SEC football!

Guest tdoccrossvilletn

Week 1 recap. I was definitely exhausted on Friday after attending the game on West End. Jordan Matthews showed why he is All-SEC and I believe Carta-Samuels will be a good QB for the Commodores. It was really too bad they dug themselves into an early hole and could not adjust to the Rebels' quick passing game in the third quarter, which opened up the read-option in the fourth.

The Vols only played the starters for one half and looked pretty good. Seems like they've bought into Coach Jones' offensive scheme. Zero penalties, zero turnovers, and two picks for the defense. They rushed for 315 yards and won the time of possession. We'll know more after the WKU game next week.

As to the rest, the Tide rolled and Saban will be bitching; the Cocks are good even in a thunderstorm; the LSU/TCU game was the slugfest I imagined it would be; UGA chokes again; can they recover to play against the Chickens? The Kitty Kats still need work, but look to be improved from last year; what happened to the Miss. State team we saw in the first quarter?; and the remainder did what they were supposed to do against inferior opponents.

A good week 1 for SEC football!

52 to 20 over WKU if I remember correctly.

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.

Guest Bassman17SC

Well, I believe I attended one of the ugliest 52-20 wins in the history of college football yesterday.  Worley was just awful with his accuracy in the first half, but made the right reads.  He got better in the second half with the accuracy, but made a terrible decision that resulted in the team's first turnover for the season.

On the other hand, the defense got 5 T/Os in six plays (including 2 pick-sixes) and seven for the game.

If the Vols  had a decent and consistent QB, I would be somewhat hopeful for a positive outcome in next week's game in Eugene against the Ducks.  But, ...

The Dawgs showed every other SEC team how to beat the Chickens: run to the other side of where Clowney lines up.

The Gators proved to everyone that no matter how good you play, turnovers will kill you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hate to say it but I kinda dig the gray outfits the boys are wearing today.  Apparently so does Mark Richt as he's wearing a matching shirt.  :lol:  

I love those smoke gray uniforms.

Well, Voles go 5-7, probably never see them again.

- OS