Got this from a friend off facebook BEWARE plastic bottles

ted

PLEASE READ. WILL NOT HURT TO AND FORWARD.

Kids are putting Drano, tin foil, and a little water in plastic drink bottles
and capping it up - leaving it on lawns, in mail boxes, in gardens, on
driveways etc. just waiting for you to pick it up intending to put it in the
rubbish, but you'll never make it!!!
If the bottle is picked up, and the bottle is shaken even just a little - in
about 30 seconds or less it builds up enough gas which then explodes with
enough force to remove some your extremities. The liquid that comes out is
boiling hot as well.

Don't pick up any plastic bottles that may be lying in your yards or in the
gutter, etc.

Pay attention to this. A plastic bottle with a cap. A little Drano. A little
water. A small piece of foil.
Disturb it by moving it; and BOOM!!

No fingers left and other serious effects to your face, eyes, etc.

Please ensure that everyone that may not have email access are also informed
of this.
Like · · Share · 37 minutes ago ·
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been around for a number of years.  Had a panic moment when my oldest was a toddler... bottle in the yard and him wandering over to pick it up.  Me doing that slow motion running and yelling "NOOOO!!!!" .  Thankfully I beat him to it and it just had some water in it. 

Ah, drano and tin foil... Just saying, The Works works better than Drano...

My knowledge is a couple years old though..

Yep same deal from 20 years ago, except they were putting them in mailboxes.

The devices only last a few seconds or so, there's not going to be unexploded ordinace laying all around waiting for someone to be collecting trash to come by and pick it up.

They will still blow or heat up and leak out even without shaking them. Edited by Sam1
Guest Keal G Seo

Yep same deal from 20 years ago, except they were putting them in mailboxes.

The devices only last a few seconds or so, there's not going to be unexploded ordinace laying all around waiting for someone to be collecting trash to come by and pick it up.

They will still blow or heat up and leak out even without shaking them.

This +1

Yeah I didn't really think those things lasted that long.  Had a kid throw one at me a couple years back that went off almost immediately.

this friend jest got one about a week ago in ms. In his front yard . Must be back in progress now , kids think its funny , but its not funny in my book .

Yeah, these were old news when I was a kid.

The odds of you just finding one is slim to none, as mentioned a few times above. Just the process of creating one gets it going enough that it goes boom, you might have a minute after capping it before it explodes.

I would be more concerned about one having been used for the 'shake and bake' method of making meth.

Guest nra37922

great point, but what about the sea turtles?  PETA would be angry at you for saying such a thing

Sea turtle with a little salt, garlic and paprika isn't bad.....

When punk kids run rampant, this is what happens. I'm glad my parents raised me better than that. I won't pick up bottles or cans or anything anyway without at least a glove - unfortunately, you just never know. It's the most jerkish thing for someone to throw litter right into one's property - this kind of senseless garbage is several steps lower.

Guest patriot54

Also, if you are canoeing down a river in a dry county, don't pick up the empty beer cans to clean up the river bank.  The Feds will haul you away for having an open container.  I saw it happen to a couple.  Fortunately I hadn't let the kaykers use my canoe as a trash barge that day.

Mark

Edited by patriot54